What are your thoughts on my book shelf, anons

what are your thoughts on my book shelf, anons

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/9VL0mB8ILeo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Its dumbfounding, really. The whole irony of the situation, that is. I mean, these people are here devoting time to this endeavor of taking pictures of their bookshelves with carefully assorted books; who knows, maybe they want you to know who the author they like best is, or maybe they have OCD, or whatever, but they arrange the books so neatly. Then they take a picture and upload it, but they do ABSOLUTELY no discussion of literature. Its like these people are pretending to care about books to show off their bookshelves while their taste is saying "I don't really read books". So why do they take pictures of the shit? Its irony at its hyperbole.

This is a better description of the situation than you even know lol

lol

lol

it's like kids on /mu/ who buy collections of meme albums, but don't even have a vinyl player

As long as you read them it's fine

I think it is a somewhat interesting selection of general philosophy books indicating a passive interest in Kantian philosophy. Better than most people manage tho. I like it.

Why you got to hate on my unplayed Madvillainy and Laughing Stock (re-issue) records?

Which of them would you most recommend?

You could've just said "snapshots of bookshelves are the selfies of pseuds," instead of typing out a long-winded explanation to make yourself look smart.

You're going to have to try harder than that to make me regret buying this to hang on my wall.

ya but do u have dissss

reminder that th eonly kind of music worth listening to is classical

>Hanging up record sleeves as "art"
I bet you'd buy a book, tear off the cover and frame it.

Buy an actual poster

>he reads more secondary sources than primary
not a good look, kid

>All them Cambridge titles
At $30 to $50 a pop. Geez OP, u got money to burn?

fuck off edward

>not Kid A

lol

>Kant
>Herder
>Hammann

Where's the Hegel and Fichte? Also, what's desirable about Hammann?

I just assume that the same people who post the pictures, discuss the actual books in other threads. For myself I don't have a bookshelf to show off, but if I had I probably would.

It seems that these days, most people who are posting specific questions on Veeky Forums are frogposters and expats from /pol/. Bottom line, you should not be responding to frogpost threads. /s4s/ taught me well.

Just an idea, but discussing books on bookshelf threads might be a good way to dodge the riffraff. Just post pictures of books, don't even need to be yours.

Hello Kantbot. Try reading primary Kant.

Thats where youre wrong kiddo. Half of Veeky Forums buys books and never reads them.

The spines aren't broken in. You didn't read any of those.

Its a copypasta lad

hi kantbot

gee, I wonder who could be behind this thread...

I love Kantbot.

I don't know how to convey why, but his Tweets are my kind of humour.

First thing we restore are blood sports.

yeah they're just sooo literary haha

>SECONDARY LITERATURE
HAHA!

>Kant
shit
>Hamann, Herder
My negro, my negro

MMA is good enough.

This shit doesn't even make sense. Just some stupid meme with a picture of fat Hume. Fucking tryhard faggot.

Dude, Glover is one TUFF mudderfucker

Whats up

are you just as big of a faggot as Kant was?

It actually does but you're not too clever.

Hume critique necessary contingencies (ie that A is necessarily linked to B). Teleportation is sort of Humean in that sense.

>hurr durr muh billiard ball
Kant already BTFO outta Hume, anyway. No constancy in appearances and you have no representation, and thus phenomena wouldn't be possible. You suspend uniformity, then you suspend the context of the world, and thus chaos in a world where representation manifests itself.

Great, but teleportation is Humean.

Wanna play some backgammon?

the thing about kantbot is that he uses philosophy as a prop. all he cares about is the role it plays in his aesthetic, or in the character that he plays online. you never see him discuss the content of the texts beyond superficialities. he engages with them in only three ways: (1) he uses them as references to make jokes, (2) he uses direct quotations from them in blog posts, and (3) he mentions how erudite he is in order to put other people down (the source of op's picture).

you never see him write substantively about the content of these philosophical works. he hasn't been convinced by any arguments that german idealism is an accurate or insightful worldview; he hasn't derived any ethical principles from them that he thinks can improve his life and others. he has barely learned a thing from all this study, which is evident from his turgid, awkward, freshman-term-paper style of writing and thinking.

he likes german idealism because he likes it aesthetically and because he likes what it signals. it fits the right niche for his identity: obscure enough to be intimidating to the poorly educated, recent enough to be more than a historical curiosity, but not already associated with the modern left, like the rest of continental philosophy.

philosophy for kantbot is not a sincere endeavor; it is a prop for narcissistic identity construction.

I'm playin' 3-D chess here, kid.

> typing out all that shit for a guy who tweets with the occasional philosophy references

am i missing something? why does he trigger people so much? i'd never have known him if not for people like you bitching about this supposedly hugely influential guy

I agree with you

which philosophers do you like user

he also has a blog and he is all over alt right twitter

I see. I couldn't be bothered to read his blog. And I only check his twitter when he's brought up here because twitter is an eyesore that I hate to navigate.

no one is triggered, just pointing out the truth. that might seem like a long post to you but it takes only a minute or two to write something like that. also, he does a lot more than tweet. he is published in various right-wing internet magazines and takes himself to be an important cultural figure.

what about listening to some calming ambient stuff just to see where the vibes guide your imagination?

listen to whatever you want
classical music is put onto a pedestal for its aesthetic merit; any piece of art from which you can derive a personal emotional response is worth indulging in.

>plebs actually believe this

classical music is the irreproachable genre behind which plebs and pseuds (typically ignorant and dismissive morons or collegiate music "aficionados" with a bit of knowledge on music theory, respectively) will hide so as to appear tasteful
it is superior to other forms of music as an aesthetic expression, not as a vehicle for art
brainwashed plebs won't sacrifice this sacred cow

I read books too

...somebody praise me

Kantbot your prose is so purple royals used to adorn themselves with your content to signal their social capital

Nice way to out yourself as a pleb

>all those uncreased spines

I have no idea that good classical music is: the post

this really only applies to the classical and romantic eras.

did you fail intro music theory or something that's a lot of projecting

ironic

>not ordered by height
>arranged neatly
wew lad do you use your books as a carpet or something

>boy u are dumb as fuk

>reading this much in to a shitposter on twitter

Twitter is for while taking shits or sitting on the bus on your way to your wagecuck work.

Seems good. Nice white color, not bending too much under the books, a very functional shelf.

Keep up the good work user! uwu

OP, this is you.

>Kant
kill yourself

Looks pretty similar to mine, friend.

By the way, throw "The fate of reason" in the trash and just read the 25 years if you haven't.

Yes, Renaissance and Baroque are still largely unsullied by the aspirational classes. And we still have the contemporary masters from Donald Fagen to Rick James to R. Kelly to ourselves.

Clearly it isn't, we need the spectacle of death on the reg to wash down the death of liberalism

putting the "hack" in "hackett"

>implying rap isn't the most Veeky Forums
when it tries

youtu.be/9VL0mB8ILeo

Your Hackett Kant and Hegel disgust me, user.

Pluhar is the best translation, sorry. I go with translator over publisher. Cambridge is typically the best publisher but they don't choose the best translations 100% of the time.

Hege's Ladder isn't published by anyone else and the cloth bound hardbacks are nice.

BUT the 25 years book is quite good. But you're all still plebs for not reading the big Beiser book, though the Harris is impressive.

OK even if you think that's true you can't do academic work with those editions because the Cambridge is the standard in Kant scholarship. You can amend the translations but you probably won't be taken seriously for trying to correct Guyer.

Are you in a Ph. D? Doing German Idealism, I assume?

looks really boring, to be honest, user

I'm sorry but I don't think you know what you're talking about. Pluhar is used in many universities and you won't get any trouble for using him.
At any rate I disagree with Guyer's interpretation of Kant's idealism (but agree with his interpretation and defence of Kant's second critique.) It's petty but I would rather not read a translation done by someone who wants to claim Kant is wrong about things with what I feel is a faulty interpretation.
Besides that, Guyer never did a translation of Kant's second Critique. If you want to read all three Critiques with consistent translation then you should go Pluhar.

Lol. Just go to Journal of the History of Philosophy and compare the amount of Guyer translations to Pluhar. Even NKS has more. The point is not Guyer's secondary work but his translation work.

Too much Kant. Several books about German art and lit, but no actual German novels? 4/10

And OP doesn't even achieve anything by doing this - Veeky Forums doesn't have fake internet points he can use to feel good about himself.

t. class-anxious 17 y/o pleb

First shelf. I dont keep most of my books tho

isn't this kantbot's bookshelf?

Do you read sideways too?

What's wrong with Hackett? I just picked up some Plato works and they're great quality for like half the price of Cambridge.

Fuck, just broke my neck.

Thanks for the feedback. Ill adjust my shelf accordingly

For Plato it is fine, for German Idealism Cambridge has the best translation.

That's such a broad statement. German idealism spans so many authors and a ton of stuff is only translated by a single publisher.

this is probably the most niche pedantic shitposting I have ever seen on this board. well done.

I think that guy has a whole separate Goethe shelf