Going shopping in a bit. What should i make for dinner tonight?

Going shopping in a bit. What should i make for dinner tonight?
Nothing too difficult, im not a great cook. Dessert recipes also welcome.

Is it cool or warm where you live?

It should be warm today.

hard shell tacos

cabbage rolls and rice

Okay then.
How about a pasta dish, or something grilled or stir fried, or an Asian noodle dish, or ratatouille, or a cold pasta salad or something in a crock pot. I can offer actual recipes, but tell me what sounds good to you.

Thats the kind of thing i would normally make. I wanna do something different.
Too easy

Im not feeling pasta today and i prefer a hot meal. Stir frys i make too often. I was thinking chicken parmesan but nah.

If you don't mind having your oven on for awhile, what about braised short ribs or beef thanks? It's both delicious and easy.

how about fish n chips? with a nice dipping sauce? and lettuce?

*shanks*

chorizo & sausage jambalaya

Maybe pile

I wanted to do something different but now im thing fried chicken.

*Thinking
How do you guys make fried chicken? I usuallly marinate in buttermilk and hot sauce and coat with seasoned flour.

Thats basically it yeah, how I'd do it anyway. Double dip into seasoned flour for maximum crunchiness

Anobody use panko bread crumbs for fried chicken?

lasagne, tomato risotto, osso bucco, potato soup

Yes, it's very common.
I like to use it for tenders. Also for tonkatsu (pork cutlet), schintzel, and shrimp. When I cook bone-in fried chicken I prefer to use a flour based coating. For catfish I go either with cornmeal or with panko depending on my mood at the time. If I'm putting the catfish in a po-boy I prefer the cornmeal. If I'll be eating it as a standalone then I prefer the panko.

corn flour/all-purpose mix works well for me

What about a mix of panko and flour? Im using boneless thighs

Also what about dessert?

I have tried that. It sucks. The presence of the flour prevents the panko from sticking properly so all you end up with is a sparse coating of panko.

Dredge the meat in flour. Shake off the excess (very important!), egg wash, panko. Adding stuff to the panko just fucks it up.

Ah. Thanks.

OP here. Making gnocchi pizza for lunch. My kid loves it.

The sauce is canned tomatoe sauce with red wine, salt n pepper, red pepper, italian seasoning and sauted 'ion and garlic.

And of course, the mozzarella

>Daddy OP will never make you 'go 'za and spank your bum-bum for being a naughty boy

Fucking weirdo.
Gonna pack some up to take to my kid at school. I like to hook him up on my days off. Make the nog kids jealous.

THEN MELT THE CHEESE?????

Forgot pic

Got the chicken marinating in the buttermilk and hot sauce. Gonna try the panko bread crumbs.