Born incredibly wealthy with patrician parents in one of the greatest intellectual/cultural periods in German history...

>born incredibly wealthy with patrician parents in one of the greatest intellectual/cultural periods in German history, which happens to be one of the most patrician countries in world history
>born with IQ of around 220
>born incredibly majestic and handsome
>gets a perfectly streamlined education with the sole purpose of crafting a genius, allowing him to pursue many things that he loved
>spend childhood reading literature, learning languages, painting, watching plays and puppet shows, all under the care of loving and intelligent parents
>enters university early and effortlessly starts an amazing academic career
>easily writes one of the greatest german novels in 4 weeks time
>becomes the greatest known book in germany and he becomes a literary superstar at 25, the whole country admiring his literary talent
>woos countless beautiful women with his innate charisma and intelligence at the drop of a hat
>spends the rest of his days in a wealthy mansion, writing poems, exploring scientific interests whenever he wants, playing around with politics for fun, travelling to different countries and effortlessly wooing exotic women, and getting worshipped by the intellectuals of his day because of his incredible genius
>writes the indisputable masterpiece of German literature
>dies happy and content at a very old age
>becomes perhaps the greatest figure in German history, leaves behind an incredible legacy, named by Nietzsche as the only example of the Ubermensch in history, ranked as the smartest person of all time, all out of just doing his hobbies that he loved and found fun his whole life

Is it possible to more live life on easy mode?

don't forget
>charms the emperor of france: voila un homme

goethe had a good life

still gotta put dat pen to paper, bud

>pederast
>ubermensch

Pick one.

Well someone has to be a winner so that losers exist, right?

Goethe is basically the anti-Melville.

>had a creepy incestuous sister complex
>his polemics strongly suggest he supported pedophilia
>abused by his father for being mediocre at law school, supposedly was brilliant, but his memory was terrible when it came to serious study as a young man
>goethe's romantic career left a trail of devastated women, after they broke up; some of them never had another liaison ever again
>his children died alcoholics, or were insignificant
>his grandchildren were homosexuals and never had kids

yeah real patrician this goethe.

>>his children died alcoholics, or were insignificant

As Faulkner once said, "You know, no one remembers Shakespeare's daughter."

I like Goethe because apart from all that you listed, other written accounts about him (eg from people like Johann Eckermann) portray him as a really pleasant guy. The kind of person you want to spend your afternoons with.

not really. his children were useless. they didn't have to be goethe himself, but they weren't even above average in school.

>>writes the indisputable masterpiece of German literature

And this is actually an understatement of Faust's merit btw.

All of that actually sounds patrician desu

it's the shadow of patriciandom. none of those are actually beneficial to a stately family.

>stately family

So you don't even know what patrician means. I guess I shouldn't be surprised this is Veeky Forums after all.

i understand it better than you for sure, posturing fool.

Your idea of patrician is outdated, even by 1800 standards.
The only people who give a fuck about having muh stately family are middle-class strivers and foreigners.
It's a played-out meme that actual patricians moved on from like centuries ago lol.

>being this pedantic on a mongolian throat singing forum

I'm just bored and procrastinating going to the store.

>has to go to the store
>thinks he can talk about being patrician

pleb

>a man who churned out insane amounts of brilliant work in nearly every field of knowledge imaginable had crippled private life
wew
>thinking his private affairs, vices and addictions are in any way relevant to his status as intellectual titan
WEW

pick two

Why?

I would argue it's different for artists. A patrician artist doesn't have to maintain a legacy/family line. His art is his legacy.

You've already lost the argument since you intrinsically agreed to his terms of what makes a patrician.
"Patrician artist" is a complete contradiction of terms to such people.

everything that isn't his verse or his novels are shit. don't joke yourself, his intellectual studies didn't matter in the long run.

i see no problem with this claim.

>a man who churned out insane amounts of brilliant work in nearly every field of knowledge imaginable had crippled private life
yes, what's your point?

>thinking his private affairs, vices and addictions are in any way relevant to his status as intellectual titan
oh but it does. look at thomas edison, whose supposed brilliance has been tarnished by new information that he stole many of his inventions.

lol btfo

why are you so wrong about things?

>his intellectual studies didn't matter in the long run
Which ones did you read and what were they about?

Stealing work is a work affair, not private. Eating fresh boipucci is a private affair, not work one.

>pseuds and alt right neo nazis will invent false dichotomies this stupid for their pathetic heroes

>whose supposed brilliance has been tarnished by new information that he stole many of his inventions
If his brilliance is built entirely on the fact that he made these inventions, then of course he shouldn't be lauded as such.

Writing has nothing to do with pedophilia. They are mutually exclusive, unless you see Goethe as some kind of moralist.

>using the term boy pussy to refer to underage prostitutes
You are disgusting.

Who are you quoting?

220 iq

What the hell...

140 Is genius right?

>They are mutually exclusive
oh, then i guess that's why the catholic church doesn't get flak for it. oh, wait...

go back to logic 101 class where everything makes more sense in your little world.

>unless you see Goethe as some kind of moralist
>hurr de hurr the church
>an authority on morality

Can you, like, read? I'm genuinely concerned about your intelligence.

>220
No, lol. This number was conducted by an unaccredited study who have never met the man in person. Goethe's IQ by Mensa measures was probably more like 160-170. Anything higher than that is wildly speculative since IQ measuring isn't fit to study intelligence beyond that level.

>goethe was only known as a writer, not an intellectual figure

apparently you're not capable of thinking

>intellectual figure
>moralist

I guess The Greeks weren't considered at all important to the homophobic Chr- oh wait they didn't use the greeks as a source of morals.

So what is it like to think with such a high iq?

I wouldn't know. My IQ is only in the 150s, and I even made grammatical errors in that last post.

what the hell are you talking about faggot?

you're the one not making sense.

IQ Percentile and Rarity Chart
IQ 15 SD Percentile Rarity: 1/X
151 99.9663019177% 2,968
IQ 15 SD Percentile Rarity: 1/X
150 99.9570883466% 2,330
149 99.9455830880% 1,838

>>easily writes one of the greatest german novels in 4 weeks time

wow, its fucking nothing

>Werther
>greatest german novels
Ei Kekt.

>Born with an IQ of 220

I didn't know he was a fucking bene geserit.

How was he a pederast

>said the man whose civilization swiftly ended after his childless death

>becomes the greatest known book in germany and he becomes a literary superstar at 25, the whole country admiring his literary talent

he transformed into a book?

>Germany
>patrician
Wew. They're a greater threat to Europe than (((Hollywood))) desu

You slimy faggots are on every board aren't you?

what's a pederast, Walter?

>help, my culture is being displaced by hostile newcomers

>born with IQ of around 220
are you deducing this from his works or do you have a source. AFAIK modern IQ testing wasn't around at G time yet.
Also he got BTFO by young Schopenhauer when he was his teacher.

And yet he never properly solidified his position as the 3rd after Dante and Shakespeare. Faust as masterful as it is doesn't get him there and his other work is far too germanic to reach the universality of the other true greats. He disbalanced Euro Lit by not quite doing enough

>charms a manlet

wow what an achievament, we should give him a prize for that

IQ tests are a load of bullshit anyway.

>loses fav sister
>almost dies himself
>almost kills himself
>bullied because of his wife
>werther is widely misinterpreted and he's forced to write middlebrow bildungsromane as a compromise
>even the less dramatic events are difficult because of his super perceptivity