How many pages would you say you read a day on average?

How many pages would you say you read a day on average?

I don't read everyday but whenever I do I read 20-80 depending on the book

Usually between 60-120 pages

I work in a quiet bookies so even whilst working can still hit the magic 100

I read 10 pages a day. 20 on a good day. 30 on a very good day. 40 on a divine day.

It really depends on what's going on during my day, how engrossing a book is, etc, but let's say my low average is 16-20 pages

my high average can be anywhere from 30-80 (thirty being the lower end, for example, if I'm really busy, but am captivated by the book)

depends what im reading. 100 pages if its fiction, 50 if philosophy, 150-200 reference/non-fiction

Depends on the book. Generally 30-50, but I try to finish a book a week so this is highly flexible. Also if I'm really interested in what I'm reading its usually much more.

It depends on what I'm reading. It's not a race.

80-100, in two sessions usually

I read a lot on my phone. Like, I'm constantly consuming information. You don't have to read physical books or e-books all the time.

This tbqhwyf

On average I've read 97 pages per day this year, but the daily count can be anywhere between 0 and 500 pages.

Since I don't read every day, I'd say it's around 150-200 pages on the days I do. On my days off, like today, it gets up to 400-500 pages per day.

Obviously, it depends on what I'm reading. It is usually between 100 and 500 pages.

>depends on what I'm reading
>500 pages
What, do you sit down with 18 picture books or something?

>not settling in to read on a lazy Saturday

That's a hilarious remark!
Unfortunately, it's just because I read a lot. I understand why you can't grasp that concept having never experienced it.

Maybe you should try reading books instead of browsing Veeky Forums

80-100

I read around 27k pages a year (going by my goodreads), I can't imagine going over 200 pages of literature in a day.

No matter the book, I can never read more than 200 pages in 10 hours. English is my native and only language.

Takes about 6-9 hours reading an averagely difficult work for me.

Are you Neet?

This was meant to go to

More

As close as to 300 as possible. I read ~260 yesterday.

I have a must-hit number of 25 pages per day, but I almost always tend to go a bit above that. Sometimes, if a book is really good, and I have nothing to do throughout the day, I can grind through the last 200 pages or so, if I feel like it.

when you say, "pages," what do you mean?

>Same user
Honestly tho, if you're asking, because you're worried about your reading speed, don't. Would you rather be able to skim an entire work whilst only remembering some things, or would you read it thoroughy at your own pace and remember everything without having to read it again?

Usually operate at about 100 pages per hour (give or take depending on what I'm reading). Recently I've had quite a lot of free time/time spent on trains so I've been ploughing through a lot. I managed ~500 pages during my last train journey.

2 pages at best and its not a shitpost

I'm in college studying philosophy and literature, so most of my "work" is reading and writing. I still live with my parents, but that makes most of college students needs.

neets*

I think it would help you to slow down a bit and spend some time learning how to cook and mow the lawn and do your own laundry

Zero
I marathoned a paragraph once

Roughly 40 - 70 over the course of 3 short sessions per day

Such a freaking cop out. It's like saying 100 years ago, "Well I read poster bills every corner I walk, so I read a lot..." it's not cosumption of words for gain but out of necessity.

I don't read everyday. When I do read I either finish the whole book from cover to cover or at least read 150 - 250 pages

I've been reading 50-100 a day

Looks like I'm one of the few remaining NEETs here on Veeky Forums. No wonder it's gone downhill. I can't even remember the last day I didn't read at least 200 pages.

I generally go a few days without reading then demolish a good 100 pages or so.

This. I enjoy reading but I don't want it to be a chore. When I want to read, I read.

Agreed about the nonfiction/reference. I usually speed read / skim the low brow nonfiction and then write a summary at the end. Most of those books have far too much repetition anyway. Usually takes me a few hours.