B-bloomlets btfo

b-bloomlets btfo

If you're expecting any good reviews on Goodreads, you're just as much of a dilettante as this guy.

He's right you know

>dilettante

thanks for making it so obvious you're a pseud

>pseud

thanks for making it so obvious you're a dilettante

This guy is a god. He shits on plenty of stuff I like though.

he's 100% correct in this review. that book is a waste of time

He's right. Harold Bloom is a shitty, vague thinker.

But I wouldn't say that he's expounding "American" myth. Bloom is essentially a Romanticist. The problem with Romanticism is that it's nonsensical: most artists in history have never given a single shit about "imagination" or "the individual".

>dilettante

thanks for making it so obvious you're a layman

>layman

thanks for making it so obvious you're clergy

He's right though. Which doesn't refute Bloomposters. Nobody reads Bloom's criticism besides Anxiety of Influence, it's all fluff beyond that. People only like Bloom for his hot opinions and a pretty good list he slapped together once.

Okay, I think this is the pseud post to show people
>Shitting on famous writer (not pseud in itself)
>Writes off an entire literary movement as 'nonsensical' with 15 words of explanation
>Explanation is that most artists haven't given a shit about 'imagination' or 'the individual'

Hot opinions are rewarded on Veeky Forums, which is why I like this dude's response to people who say something so sweeping and inflammatory as the person he was responding too:

Is there a meme for this? When somebody just spews their spicy grabs on the board, what quick defense do we have? Where is an image I can just spam at everyone who does this?

no discernible talent

I get that he's complaining about Bloom being hypocritical but why does his review make it sound like conservative views are bad?

He's a simpleton whose life revolves around a label. It's quite sad to be honest

Because it's a very leftist site that circlejerks over conservative denouncement. He's not even entirely wrong with some of the things he said about Bloom, but that part of the review really annoyed me as well.

>it made me think that I ought to be reading those books instead.
That was probably Blooms objective, desu.

The part where he doesn't like Bloom's mystical/radical individualism, and how books are about self-improvement and reflection, is a little bit gay. Also the fact that he doesn't like it because it's "conservative". However, he's spot on in how a lot of Bloom's works are obsessed with
>retelling the plot line of other works
>the genealogy/influences on works

>[...] it made me think that I ought to be reading those books instead.

That's the point. This guy's criticizing Bloom for being pointless while missing the point lol

>America's obsession with guns
Can this faggot kill himself

>Can this faggot kill himself
no, he doesn't have a gun.

>What is Japan?

>goodreads

>goodreads

Why are you allowed to review a book that you never read and in this case not even out yet. Goodreads should delete all of these reviews

IDIOT: THE POST

A reasonable criticism, but, honestly, who gives a shit?

This is actually the most coherent critique of bloom I've ever read.

Bloom BTFO. Trevor doesn't hide behind a veil of anonymity either when he's telling it how he is.

You can't understand Bloom if you're unfamiliar with the Kabbalah, Kabbalah & Criticism is his best work by far, and I feel like /pol/'s anti-semitism is seeping into this board every day

>"it just doesnt make any sense!!"
>ray face from gen kill
Guaranteed replies

I'm literally SEETHING

stupid criticism