Chef john mentioned binging with babish in his new video

>chef john mentioned binging with babish in his new video

m.youtube.com/watch?v=GSmM00YekMc

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salsa_(sauce)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

it wasn't even a good rhyme

lame

>oh my gawd! normal people outside of Veeky Forums(/r9k/) don't share our retarded sekrit cleb hatreds.

Go away, Babish

What's wrong with Babish?

he's bad

In his newest video he made pico de gallo, called it a salsa, then fucked it up with unripe mango bits.

I don't even like him, but pico de gallo is a salsa.

Pico de gallo is a salsa

>you know, just like a parties not that great when everyone first gets there

Wait wait wait, let me predict the responses to this
>He's reddit
>Nu-male cuck
>nu-male trash
>*shitty post that is really a veiled attempt to criticize the channel without invoking the above reasons but does so anyway*
Let's see how I do

>post that tries to derail the thread into politics

>Implying the mere mention of this mediocre channel doesn't prompt screeching and mouth frothing.
This thread derailed itself.

he's reddit as f**k

i-is he no longer our guy? I liked him.

he's a bad cook, and his editing is so generic and forced "hip"

I like Chef John. Fight me.

in what way is he a bad cook
don't think you can get away with generic insults without explaining yourself

I don't know what this is worth, but I've made his Cubano sandwich and it was one of the most delicious things I've ever tasted.

>pico de gallo
>not salsa

Seriously. His editing is consistent and the food almost always looks good. I'm pretty sure this person hasn't watched a single one of the videos

if I could remember why specifically I disliked a youtube creator I watched months ago there would be no room left in my tiny brain

He probably doesn't even know the difference between table salt and kosher salt.

We all like john, babish is the issue

This babish guy feels awfully /reddit/

So does 4chins, but here we are..

I'm going to try his philly cheesesteak recipe; if it doesn't work I'm done with this fucking mongolian hentai share

In one of his most recent videos he literally explains the difference whilst trying to teach normies how to not suck so bad at cooking

>gif of a loli
>50's Red Scare-esque accusation of something being "reddit"
This comment feels awfully /Veeky Forums/

It's a salad.

Then try putting it on a plate and eating it with a fork.

Wrong, faggot: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salsa_(sauce)

It's more properly called "salsa fresca", you fucking white liberal faggot of a fucking moron.

I'm new to cooking-- which one of chef John's videos should I start on? I liked the Stroganoff one, but God damn is meat expensive (neet)

watching him work with a piping bag is like watching a child

this is Veeky Forums

which video?

I think it was the one where he does that pastry from that Wess Anderson movie about a flash back within a book some slav girl was reading.

Just remembered, great Budapest hotel.

>We all like john
I can't stand him. His voice drives me up the God damned wall. I keep hearing how great he is, though, so maybe I'll put on subtitles and mute him sometime.

>babish is the issue
Babish is fine. Nothing special, nothing shitty. His cooking skills are mediocre and his recipes reflect that. People just shit on him for being active on (((reddit))) (which he does to make money), making the Rick & Morty meme sauce (which he did to make money), and having production values better than his cooking (which he does to make money). Basically Veeky Forums hates him for being a decent businessman.

No this is Patrick

>babish unironically recommends using a garlic press

DROPPED

Has anyone worked with pic related before? Is it really that big of a deal or is it a meme-gredient?

Check out the apple cider braised pork shoulder if you are on a budget. it's fantastic.

so many people do it's not funny. i guess it kind of makes sense for mincing 6+ cloves of garlic but how often do you have to do that 3-4 times a year?

Definitely a unique flavor and sensation. It's more numbing than burning but in a good way.

I've never cooked with it, but the crunchy hot chili oil made with it is delicious and I can just eat that shit by the spoonful.

That's one video, IIRC? Maybe two? Cry more.

found the redditor

oh fuck yes that sounds good i need to go get some disappointed Asian lady chili crisp soon

>this faggot thinks he has an opinion on anything
Wew lad

>mincing 6+ cloves of garlic

I'd say I do that for ~30% of all meals I cook.

he is a shill overlord.

it can't be a salad- there's no ranch dressing on it

Im subbed to both Chef john and babish

Christ, what are you hunting vampires or something?

Reddit and Morty fag.

im sure Veeky Forums wont like him bc he comes off as really reddit. I like some of his stuff tho. the recreatoin vids are cool and his most recent how-to vid was good but idk how its all gonna be

>He doesn't give everything he cooks a bit of the ole' poke a poka

It's almost like other youtubers don't watch the other channels.

It's just hipsters hating things that are popular. Ignore it. These people are so devoid of joy in their lives they seek to bring other people to their level.

>Babish is fine. Nothing special, nothing shitty. His cooking skills are mediocre and his recipes reflect that.
so he shouldn't be fucking making videos. please ban all non-professionals from making instructionals in any given field.

also let me correct you that babish was unpopular here well before szechuan

And some FRESHHHllly ground black pepper!

For me it's CookingInRussia, the best youtube cooking channel

The Reddit Scare has been a staple of Veeky Forums for years now. It's still fucking retarded

*bald

You hit all the major points. Jealous butthurt babies mooing about how people like things they don’t like.

God the way he talks just rubs me the wrong way. Why does he fuck up his inflections so much?

Oh wow, that kitchen tool you almost never use and literally never need under any circumstance. How could ANYONE call themselves a cook if they aren't a practiced expert with that.

>implying every single video maker Veeky Forums likes is a professional
Nigger, please.

name one that isn't

also townsend doesn't count

You sad piece of shit.

Saw a Babish vid for the first time few days ago, let me tell you, thought it was subtle satire. Babish cuts a pepper like a retard, no knife skills, then says heat is in seeds, I giggle thinking yea a lot of people think that. Next up, he cuts an onion total basic knife skills, then says must cut even pieces consistent for a salsa, cuts it all up into different pieces. Babish then adds a sliver of butter to the salsa, huge pot says butter makes a huge difference. He's either low iq or doesn't know what he's doing reading off a script.

Kill yourself, normie.

there's literally nothing wrong with that guy though... i dont understand

The popular thing right now is to hate Babish for his ties to Reddit (ohhhh, nooooo...) and pretend he's shitty as opposed to just okay.

I guarantee that half the people who bitch about him have never even watched his shit.

You are so Reddit it's not funny.

Is this the kind of tryhard fag you're talking about?

Exactly.

salsa is something that is in a puree form, Pinche negro pendejo. it's a fucking salad if he had kept it normal with tomato, onion, chiles, cilantro, and lime and blend it with avocados then it would have been guacamole which happens to be a salsa. si no sabes nada mejor calleta el hocico pinche sudaca de mierda

Shitty chef that latches onto millennial fanbases in order to get viewers. As opposed to making content that stands on its own.
>hamburger video
>call it a crabby patty
>carbonara video
>call it master of none carbonara

His gimick is that he makes recipes that match the episode or movie. They're not terrible and they're not always great. My sister was a professional foodie at one point. I've showed her the videos, she thinks it's cute. She used to write the recipes for Woman's World. They required that she use all sorts of shortcuts and that everything cooked in under a certain time. What he does is not really that different. It's supposed to be something that literally anyone can copy

You are pathetic

Bump!

I watch him and like him but I see why people would hate him like Veeky Forums. Something about the way he acts feels gay.

It's his intonation