Why the FUCK does a hamburger cost $7 here

why the FUCK does a hamburger cost $7 here

it takes five guys to make just one burger, that's a lot of wage

Ugh why do things even cost money, why don't we just sell things for smiles and happiness lol

We already have a fucking five guys thread
Fuck off

Five Guys blows.
The burgers are a mess (if they don't fuck your order up, and the fries are always under cooked , laden with grease, and way too salty with their weak ass "cajun" seasoning.
That shit costs too much money for a pile of grease and salt.

because $7 is a fuckton for a shitty burger
I can get sam equally shitty burger at InNOut for like $3

>5 guys

Because "hip" fucktards pay it.

Because you're paying for real food

Go to McDonalds if you want cheap processed shit.

See Costco's new burger? 4.99$

There are retards who will blow their money there just to tell themselves they are elite and wealthy since they can waste that much cash on a fast food burger.

They're like 13 here in leafland. Will never go there again. Pay that much for a shitty A&W burger when I could go to the bar or an actual restaurant and get a way bigger and better tasting burger for the same fucking price. Plus I can watch the game and have a beer instead of stare at an incredibly ugly restaurant style and boxes of peanuts

Made me sad to read. Son, please grill a burger yourself one of these days.

>only been to 5 guys a hand full of times
>every single time I've been there there's always that one guy that says "there's only 4 guys working here. I thought this was five guys! haha haha haha!"
I would kill myself if I had to work there.

Or they like the food

Son, I don't have time to drive home and grill anything when I have my lunch.

Maybe you'll learn this in the future when mommy and daddy cut you off their dime.

Same reason a glass of Coke (no refills) costs $16.00 at Harrod's...

I used to eat 5 Guys when their double cheeseburger was $5, and it tasted acceptable. Now they want nearly $8 for the same burger that's not as good. Also, the fries are shit and you have to ask for no salt, because they still dump a lot of salt on it even if you ask for lite salt.

>entire thread makes up bullshit reasons out of bitterness
Why do you think all the toppings are free? You're supposed to get as many toppings as you can fit into your gaping maw, you waste of oxygen. Getting a plain cheeseburger at Five Guys is an admission to the rest of the world that you are too stupid to exist.

I fucking love five guys but the price is obscene. They were proper like 7 years ago but got cocky.

>mediocre burger
>buns always soggy from grease
>this experience costs as much as 2 double doubles, a much better burger with proper toasted buns.

aside from things like bacon or avacado, toppings are free at most places

>>buns always soggy
Fucking this

Five guys is the only place that makes my chest feel like it's being constricted. I can't imagine what it does to anyone overweight

>used to work at 5 guys
>people would always say stupid shit like your example
>one guy comes up and says "so you guys make out all the time?" while pointing toward everyone else in the back
>"cause you guys are 5 gays, or FAGGOTS as I like to call them"
>nod my head and take his order
fucking customers

bumping

>when you have women on the line
>"so it's 3 guys and 2 girls now?"
>"sure are you gonna fucking order or not."

they don't even fill the bag with fries now

Guys, let's face facts. All fast food is shit.

>this thread
Holy shit is it Veeky Forums circa 2008?

This is depressing. Is 7 dollars really a lot of money for some people? I was always taught to do the math by using the amount of time it would take you to make that money.

I would say 12-14 dollars an hour is a ballpark average for what most people here make. That would mean it’d take half an hour of work to make the 7 dollars needed to buy a burger at 5 guys. Most wagecucks have at least a half hour lunch, meaning it’s a fair trade off.

This Is like a somber version of console wars. You’re pissed that you can only afford one type of restaurant to eat at, so you half to talk down to someone else’s choice.

>wow you don't waste money on a sub par product so you can go on an anonymous image board and rant about how you like wasting money on overpriced sub par fast fast food because I make a slightly above a mediocre amount for a living literally lmaiong at your life

>Got a double cheeseburger, fries and a shake
>Almost $20
Never went back after that. Shame because it tastes good.

Christ. I usually have seven dollars in quarters and dimes in my pocket by the end of the day. God bless, user. I hope you get your life going on the right track.

Hmmm, a regular (not the small ), burger at Five Guys here is $10 now.

5 guys burgers are grilled, as apposed to McDonald's which are actually microwaved

Because it tastes good and is filling

>I usually have seven dollars in quarters and dimes in my pocket by the end of the day
Learn how to panhandle better.

>somber version of console wars

what

>$7
this is pretty cheap tbf

I do not eat beefburgers.

Halfway decent, fresh beef costs a lot of money and they supply lots of toppings as well

This is why I fucking hate when people compare In-N-Out to Five Guys. A full combo (fries, soda, and a burger) at In-N-Out is like 6.5 dollars for a regular, 8 dollars for a double. Just getting fries and a two patty burger at Five Guys? Fucking 14 dollars.

That's nearly double the price.

Not to mention that innout is literally a fast food place while almost all five guys are sit in's that can be considered "fast casual" like a wingstop or something.

I don't know. I like their french fries the most though, especially with the cajun seasoning.

Also, a big F in solidarity to anyone who doesn't eat in the restaurant and gets disappointed at how the burger is always shit because they pack their burgers in ONLY THE WRINKLIEST OF FOIL, like retards.

Get some clean sheets of foil, wrap the fuckers RIGHT, and let the burger maintain its integrity. For fuck's sake

I dunno. I like 5 guys burgers. I have never been let down by one. It's never cold or old or stale. Never spends time in a microwave to heat back up. Sure, it is greasy because it's real beef cooked up with real fats in it and that can make it a little soggy on the bun, but I like it that way. I will go there maybe twice a year at most over the last 6 years or so when I moved to where they have one nearby. That's around 10-12 times I've been there and never let down. I don't mind the burger price because it's a reliable burger unlike any of the fast food places that leave stuff sitting around because "drive thru times" and what not. I don't like their fries though. I've tried them 3 times and every single time they are limp, soggy and just not good to me.

Because people keep paying $7 for a hamburger there. Welcome to capitalism.

A vast improvement.

What the hell are you talking about? We did the math. And the for quality you receive, it's not worth 15 minutes of me working.

Five chicks, burgers and... ?

In-N-Out is still a regional chain, while Five Guys is international.

That being said, I think every region has a burger chain that is far superior to Five Guys. I'll take Culvers or Kopps over Five Guys any day.

We have Culvers here in South Carolina and I had never tried them until recently. I just thought they were an ice cream shop for some reason. I tried one of their burgers and some fried cheese curds and was blown away. It was amazing and they're good size for what you pay also.

the burger making is just one guy, it takes all five to make the mayo

Wait, what? I guess it's spread a lot more then I had thought! When I was a kid, they were pretty exclusively in Wisconsin and nowhere else. Glad to hear that people can get good cheese curds and custard in South Carolina thought!

Yeah it is definitely great. It's about a 40 minute drive for me to get there though so only if I'm working out that way would I ever stop at it for lunch but it's well worth it. Their fried cheese curds and the burger were both amazing compared to what else is around the area it's in. Have not tried the frozen custard/ice cream stuff yet and don't know if I will because I can barely even finish my burger. I got something that was called wisconsin something pub burger or something like that. 10/10 for me.

Every order is wrong

I bet $100,000 is a lot of money to you

>pretending to be old and independent but eats babby food mcdicks.

$100,000 is a lot to everyone who isn't in the upper 1%. If it is not a lot to you, then you are an outlier, and should fuck off and kill yourself.

The future is female :^)

That was always the one thing I justified it with, sure it cost like $15 for a meal but they gave you so many fries you could pretty much sit there and eat them the rest of the day

Moreover any actual rich person would very much give a shit if they lost $100k, even if they're fortunate enough it wouldn't affect their lifestyle at all. You don't get rich by not caring about money

Why do people whine about how much a hamburger costs at Five Guys? If I go to Wendy's and really splurge on it, I'll get a baconator (no mayo), large fries, large drink, and a cup of chili (with cheese, onions, and hot sauce). That runs me a little over $10. I go to Five Guys, get a double bacon cheeseburger (with barbecue sauce, hot sauce, and grilled onions), small fries, and a drink, that runs me a little over $10 too. That seems to be the price point to have a huge meal in fast food. Even at Taco Bell, a huge meal for me (smothered steak burrito, no sour cream, nachos bell grande, no sour cream, and a drink) comes close to $10. Seems reasonable to me.

I think it's a fair price. At a csual dining restaurant, a single patty cheeseburger with fries is $10-$12, and a drink is $3, and that doesn't include the tip.

I think a lot of people get upset with the price of five guys because they market it as, and design the interior to look like a fast food restaurant, so people expect fast food prices. Really it should be seen as a casual restaurant with the extra expense of waitstaff removed.