HIRO APPROVED META THREAD

So now that redditification of Veeky Forums is complete and the board is a full blown reddit colony, can we officially acknowledge this in the rules?

Veeky Forums is fine as is

We don't need endless arguments about the board

what is there to talk about tho? i guess one feels thread could be cool because some times you just want to talk about life with people who aren't total mongs even if it isn't directly Veeky Forums related

Get rid of the constant /pol/ infestation and I'll be happy
This is a marxist Catholic board

>people who aren't total mongs
>Veeky Forums

Pick one.

Literature you fucking mong. YOU are a mong. Don't come here to discuss your life, we all don't care. Take your /r9k/ shit to an appropriate board.

>Take your /r9k/ shit to an appropriate board.

yeah because i want to discuss life with people who watch 40 hours of pokemon a week and read star wars novels

Blog posts aren't literature. Take them back to

It's more of a thedonald invasion. /pol/ left us alone for years besides asking about Evola every now and again. Blame kekfags.

Spook.

purge anyone who shills jordan peepeeson

>ban everyone who makes meta threads
>ban anyone who doesn't like the greatest writer alive, Cormack McCarthy
>ban monsieur posters
>ban me
>ban female author threads
>ban girls
>ban genre fiction except dune

I don't think there's a better thread to ask, but where do you guys get .epubs?

>I don't think there's a better thread to ask
Pleb

Bookzz

>ban /pol/tier shit
>ban off-topic threads
>hire new mods
>op is a fag

8ch pumps out epubs every day and even translates fairly effectively
Bookzz is shit, doesn't have Kindle formats for anything that isn't popular as fuck and if it is it's probably riddled with errors

please don't ban girls

Enforce semi-anonymity. There should be randomly generated tripcodes like on Veeky Forums.

>Corn Tortilla YeCarthy
>greatest anything
Greatest author alive is Gene Wolfe and you know it.

Library Genesis you stupid shitter.

I don't see that solving much.

A problem with this board is that due to the topic being discussed people here will generally be more thoughtful than people would on the anime board.
People who might have little to no interest in literature catch wind of this and decide they would rather post here than their other more general boards.

If the rules were enforced and the culture of the board shifted away from posting about their bookshelves there wouldn't be a problem.

I hate the /pol/ kids too, but they have as much right to be here and shit on every thread as everyone else. sorry m8.

>Greatest author alive is Gene Wolfe
>greatest writer alive, Cormack McCarthy

Silly Americans

You can discuss life, just make it into a philosophy thread
Actually if you'd start one right now I feel like contributing

>besides asking about Evola every now and again.
Lol so true
>pic related being used for every single thread about the guy

How can a post be so plebbit.

thank you senpai

I see where you're coming from, but those types of posts can be tangentially related to literature and there's nothing wrong with that. There are still fully fledged literature threads every day. Calm down user, no one is taking away your Nietzsche worship threads.

On a side note. Why the FUCK do I have to verify upwards of ten images of shitty thrid world country cars and street signs in order to post? these captchas are getting ridiculous. I miss the days of clicking on burgers, now I'm just dreading the endless storefront assault.

meant this one

Wolfe is universally recognized as King of Fiction. I'm not a freedom.

What we really need is some more Marxism threads.

What we need is more diversity.

What we really need is to hang all niggers and commies from trees

Unironically, this.

>discussions of philosophy that take place on Veeky Forums should be based around specific philosophical works to which posters can refer.

General philosophy e.g. "what is the right thing to do in this situation." belong on Veeky Forums.

Kill yourself my man.

> /pol/ likes anime

you have no right to be here, gas yourselves

Fuck off. The true Veeky Forums involves retarded stormweenies arguing with autistic fully automated luxury gobbunists.

You do know what site you're posting on, right?

Most people who post seem to not read.
Maybe they've read a wikipedia article for a philosopher, or watched some 'school of life'/'the philosophy of rick and morty'-tier trash youtube videos and decide they are informed enough to post about it, on the wrong board (go to Veeky Forums.

If you want to discuss an idea a philosopher had on this board, you should at least read the philosophical text itself and then talk about it.

What we really need is free pap smear tests for women.

Just bring back some good old-fashioned e/lit/ism and drive the redditors from the board.

Can we ban any threads that complain about a particular work or author without providing any actual reasons? Like even one fucking reason would be acceptable.

fpbp
/thread

i truly miss the good old days when people here believed in the greek gods

that sounds reddit af

As an anarchocapitalist, I like having a small army of natsocs tirelessly keeping discussions of Marx in the realm of sanity.

Dude all work is productive by its self because humans can do produce more than is required to keep them alive

>sends 100000000 million people whack stones and do nothing else

>nation fails