Do you hate yōkan, Veeky Forums? I don't, so I decided to find out if you don't agree with me

Do you hate yōkan, Veeky Forums? I don't, so I decided to find out if you don't agree with me.

Other urls found in this thread:

tasteofzen.com/recipes/detail.php?refer_id=122
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This is a very strange question.

I've never tried it, but if presented with it I would, it doesn't sound bad.

I'm eating some right now, by the way.

looks like quince cheese

I thought the same. If it is, it's wonderful. I don't like mixing jam and cheese but membrillo, as it's known in Spain, goes so very well with manchego cheese. A great combination.

Tasty. No sourness, but a deep sweetness. It would've been better with some tea, really.

where can i get some outside of japan

What is that? Membrillo?

tasteofzen.com/recipes/detail.php?refer_id=122
Googling will help.

Its pretty good desu

It's really easy to make, especially if you're using pre-made koshian (though most pre-made koshian is too sweet)

Tried making some with candied chestnuts, but the chestnuts were a pain in the ass to import, and they didn't really stick well to the yokan and kept falling out.

I had it at a two Michelin starred restaurant. Their yokan is said to be the stuff of dreams. It was.

Way too sweet.

Not that exactly. I made smooth red bean paste last week. Nobody but me liked it.

You're supposed to eat it with tea.

Half-Japanese here. Mizu yokan is the shit.

I've had red beans in steamed buns, mochi, and ice cream. But never on its own.

I love it. I have to resist buying it because it has so many calories, nearly all of it carbs.

Pretentious bullshit when ou conveys more information

Okay.

What is it made of?

Beans and dreams, my dude

My mom just brought some from korea the other day. Too damn sweet, but good.

How similar is it to Turkish delight?

I mean it's a pretty good deaftones album yeah

I buy yokan and keep it in my desk as a snack. I eat it right out of the pack. It's actually thanks to it that I finally decided to get my teeth fixed. moreso than other foods, yokan leave a perfect impression of your bite and it was a constant reminder of my janky crooked teeth. I finally pulled the trigger and invested in invisalign and a little over a year later my yokan bites are now a perfect semi-circle.

thanks japan!