This is the best living writer

This is the best living writer.

Fuck off, Norm.

That's not Anne Carson.

She's great too. Munro is the best living writer though, and the best short-story writer of all time.

Flannery O'Connor shits all over Munro's stupid fucking face desu

ahahahahaha, okay retard.

Not Vargas Llosa

she's dead retard

I hate that Veeky Forums culture makes this somehow an edgy controversial opinion. Munro's great.

prove it

>inb4 liberal media outlet

Based Norm destroyed that hack Margaret Atwood.

I doubt it.

Pynchon, McCarthy, and Wolfe are all still alive. At least it's commonly believed that Pynchon is still alive.

I like you,OP.

What are your favorite books by her? And favorite short-stories?

flannery o'connor is the biggest meme pushed by the tokenists on this site trying to name a female writer i swear to fucking god

Haven't seen her mentioned once outside of this thread

patrician detected

not even one of the bloom 4

*teleports behind you*

how new are you

>Best living (female) writer
not so fast!

Been here 12 years

This

He's probably the only writer ITT that will be discussed after 5 years

But this guy is still alive, user.

Is there a buzzword for the equivalent of edgy when it comes to male writers like Palahniuk and Rothfuss, but for overly sentimental and banal crap like Munro and Picoult? Grandma-core is kinda longwinded.

wtf this is the fourth time I've heard Carson be called the greatest living writer. Is it a meme? I've only read Autobiography or Red and I enjoyed it but, really?

nah dude, she's actually great. no memeing no sjwing. She was legit. Maybe you're not familiar with her work?

except she's actually good? and i think you're mistaking her for woolf, who's named a lot more frequently

dat not pinecone

>read The Violent Bear it Away
>it's annoying as shit and also boring

he's written one good book, M&D, and V are forgettable crap, the rest is lower than garbage. Not denying Gravity's Rainbow is probably the most important post-WW2 book but he was able to do that once.

She's too "our eyes met in the Depends aisle" for me

Trying way too hard.

Flannery O'Connor is overrated. She had no restraint. Cynical juvenile core.

>Flannery O'Connor was smarter and more talented than me. Better read too. Truly my intellectual superior in all respects.
ftfy

>But this guy is still alive,

He does appear to be breathing, but does he really count as 'alive'?

nope.

sorry, no

Is it better to start with Garp or Meany?

they're both great to start with, i personally prefer garp: it's the book that got me into reading

Is that Clive Barker? He's overrated.

Who is Norm? I dislike Atwood so this might be interesting.

I always appreciate seeing Wolfe compared to Pynchon and YeCarthy. I hope you're being sincere.

What does this even mean?

This, nobody can argue against it.

That is a very risky affirmation. Obviously she's an excellent writer, but better than George R. R. Martin for example?

That's not Cormac McCarthy.

T B H dostoevsky and tolstoy are still alive in my heart therefore they are the best

quads confirmed

Where to start with her?

What are her best books?

What are the best short stories?

It's not a competition

are you trying to imply that woolf is overrated? baka