Can you recommend a good book about a wizard, or multiple wizards?

Can you recommend a good book about a wizard, or multiple wizards?

zardoz

why do people keep recommending Gene Wolfe

>Babby still reads fantasy books.

I'm embarrassed for you OP.

he's good but he's also one of the few good fantasy author's Veeky Forumskids know because this place is a clique and people are scared to read outside of boundaries, so it becomes a cycle of repetition i.e. read the greeks read the christian mystics read shakespeare read joyce and so on

Diary of a Drug Fiend by Aleister Crowley, by a wizard, about a wizard, for wizards.

what do you recommend then? no reddit memes like rotfus or sanderson

Wolfe is a world unto himself. His work is so vast in its breadth, and so incredibly learned, that it is inaccessible to ordinary readers. Some of his fans, who are now of mature age, and in professorial tenure, have started university scholarships for other likewise highly educated scholars to spend years poring over the enigmas of his works, and to make sense of the esoteric allusions, influences, and references that permeate it.

Gene Wolfe, alongside Tolkien, Peake, and Le Guin, are some of the few fantastic fiction writers to deserve such comprehensive study. And because Wolfe corresponds with his fans, and has an entire online community devoted to studying his works which has been around for decades, and since he has a temperament well suited with the denizens of Veeky Forums, that he has instilled a cult reverence with loyal fans who encourage the reading of his works.

This was for posts:

Harry Potter

The sword of truth series has cool wizards doing wizardy stuff.

I've read a shit ton of books.
I read most of my books growing up. Library eater. Who I was for 20 years. I'd ignore teachers to read books, then I just started skipping classes to read books. Read the classics, read all the popular books, read random books, read moldy old western paperbacks, reread the classics, and so on.

Eventually I had to quit fiction almost entirely. Sci-fi didn't have enough quality books in the genre to keep reading through all the rest of the shit, and Fantasy is an unending flood of repetitive trash. I kept to reading history, philosophy, and other good stuff for years.

"Gene Wolfe? Shadow and Claw? Ugh, more Fantasy trash."

I now reread The Book of the New Sun as if it were the Holy Bible.

A Wizard of Earthsea

Fritz Leiber, Jack Vance, Tolkien, Lem, Dick. And as much of Gene Wolfe as you can find desu he's top tier.

This is fairly new material but it goes for a traditional fantasy vibe, mostly influenced by Sanderson. I'm nearly at the end of book one and I'm really enjoying it so far.

Bump for wizards.

Rhialto the Marvelous by Jack Vance and The Dying Earth are very wizard oriented. And to a minor point his Lyoness trilogy as well.

Legend of the 10 elemental masters

Babby still cares what other people read. Grow up kid

The Charwoman's Shadow and other Dunsay trips

my diary des

I would also recommend Eddison, Miller and Peak.

I would recommend The Wizard OP.
T H I S

The Crystal Cave by Mary Stewart
Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones
and Wild Magic by Tamora Pierce was my favorite series as a kid. It still holds up really well.

The Face in the Frost by John Bellairs