I like to drink beer and read in my living room. Is there any one better than Bukowski to read and drink heavily to...

I like to drink beer and read in my living room. Is there any one better than Bukowski to read and drink heavily to? Or at least as good? I can't read anything by him without cracking open a bottle of something.

you clearly live your life on the basis of outward perception, and living up to certain archetypes. stop that.

How so? People like to smoke and watch anime or drink and watch movies or enjoy other mediums. I'm just saying that Bukowski puts me in the mood to drink heavily and enjoy his stories and poetry. And I'm wondering if anyone else has any suggestions? Go back to your "clean" lifestyle devoid of any alcohol or substances and let the adults post

whatever you say, you silly larper. I'm trying to help your pathetic ass.

Probably Hemingway if you're following the alcoholic theme.
I live close to Bukowski's old place. Favorite poet by far, I agree that he's definitely an author that puts you in a certain mood for whatever. I usually have a cigarette. It makes me feel like I'm matching his grittier material.

>doesn't enjoy scotch while reading Hemingway on his couch
>doesn't enjoy sips of sake while reading soseki or Kawabata

You're a special kind of pleb

>scotch
just drink some liquid smoke my man

Harsh but true.

At your current stage of life, which is an understandable and acceptable place to be for any budding young white man as I assume you are, you think that what you are doing is hip/bohemian/edgy/fun/nostalgically-beatnik/fill in the blank. Little do you know, however, that you are reading the literary equivalent of slasher flick written by a talentless deadbeat who was promoted by jewish publishers with an interest in glorifying alcoholism, sexual degeneracy, and general loserdom because you are less of a threat to their tribal power structure if you are out there mimicking the type of behavior portrayed in books like those written by Bukowski, which is exactly what you are doing. Now, that's okay -- it's normal and I can't fault you for it because I've been there myself -- but it's level 1 shit. Since you are hopefully now aware of it, it's time to level up.

whats the next level sensei?

Well definitely try John Fante. He was one of Bukowski's favorites, and they have a somewhat similar style.

Also, I bet Byron's Don Juan would be fun with some booze.

So would The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde (except, perhaps, for chapter 11).

I was feeling this until the jew stuff

author was known drinker so you drink while reading his work.

op you are a fucking faggot

That's because you're a clueless rube.

Not that user but he's completely right. Have you ever studied any of this seriously? I have. Actual reading, not merely internet shenanigans. He is unfortunately more right than you'd ever dare presuppose.

I'm still a drunk, mind you, but now I'm an *informed* drunk. To progress!

Veeky Forums is depressing. what the fuck are these posts

need to stop visiting

>literally virtue signalling to himself because he can't deal

Fuck off, faggot. Try Reddit.

Drink or smoke because you want to drink or smoke or because you have to not because you're trying to emulate the author.

Getting drunk alone with a book is it's own reward and needs no reason.

Complaining about Veeky Forums is the reason Veeky Forums exists.

>scotch

> pretending you can tell the difference between scotch and any other whiskey

>Veeky Forums is my safe space please leave

"No."

you have a wholly unoriginal brain. cool reaction image - surprised it wasn't jordan peterson

>you have a wholly unoriginal brain.

Nice pseud ire; what a barb!

>doesn't enjoy a fizzy cherry coke straight from the soda fountain or a syrupy sundae while reading Lolita
>doesn't have an ox slaughtered, spit-roasted and served on silver platters to him and his comrades for each book if the Iliad
>no cocaine+Chivas for HST
>doesn't relish a Fentanyl lollipop with his Cancer Ward

who are you

I used to like bukowski until i saw a Video of him literally beating his wife.

Besides in essence i think he was afraid
Some would even say weak or a coward

I like to hate jews while reading Céline, works every time!

>him literally beating his wife
he only shoved her a bit with his feet

Never read bukowski. What should i start with

That's our resident shitposter Tomás de la Piña y Coño

Ham on Rye

>Never read bukowski. What should i start with

Louis-Ferdinand Céline.

Copped. Thanks
Fuck off

kek

Ham on rye

Post office

Woman

In that order

Wow, i didn't think Bukowski readers could get more stupid

He kicked her out of the sofa very aggressively whilst calling her a fuckin whore

I'm sorry but that' makes him less likable, besides that was on camera so god knows what he did off camera

Domestic violence say what you will isn't justifiable, not being a holy fairy by any means, it's just that wasn't very pleasant to see

Bukowski is for non mentally ill, well adjusted white people that like to take a look at the marginalized side of society and appreciating a wide variety of lit.

Also allot of hipsters dig him pretending to be edgy rebellious and non-comformist

Me personally i read ham on rye because i was intrigued and used to like him, now a days i don't really

Ive never read him. Thanks for the description

holy shit I was just joking faggot

Why be mad friend, also you weren't

>also you weren't
you can't even recognize a joke, why should anyone believe you could read a man's mind over the internet

Well jokes don't really come across as they would irl

Also don't really see the humor in stating he shoved her a bit, implying you mean it was actually quite brutal and being silly

So sure you made a "joke" good on you comedian, you're reaction was wildly disproportional

I'm honestly concerned i triggered you by addressing domestic violence, if so i forgive you....

>Also allot of hipsters dig him pretending to be edgy rebellious and non-comformist
It's more like this. I dsilike people like this, that read any certain author for the image he/she projects rather than for any literary merit the author has.
I think the author and its works should be separate. Like Mario Vargas Llosa. Yes, he keeps saying stupid and contradicting things about politics on tv and other media, but damn is he a great writer. Yet people dismiss him and his works for something he says

>that read any certain author for the image he/she projects
Well thats dumb. How else would you select authors you havnt read before except by their image or reputation? Not everyone frequents an iroquois backgammon forum

Bukowski and all his fans are shit

>Well jokes don't really come across as they would irl
correct
>Also don't really see the humor in stating he shoved her a bit, implying you mean it was actually quite brutal and being silly
correct
>So sure you made a "joke" good on you comedian, you're reaction was wildly disproportional
correct
>I'm honestly concerned i triggered you by addressing domestic violence, if so i forgive you....
incorrect

grow up, weaboo

Did you even read the books?

That whore deserved it.

>.....to read and drink heavily to?

I like authors who write with very tight, well constructed sentences when I'm smashed. I also like a bit of beauty, emotional and existential weight. For these reasons I like to read novels by Per Pettersson. also his novels aren't too long, nearly novellas.

She was unloyal, so was he btw which adds hypocrite to the list

I think he was provoked because she wanted to stand her ground, which got him upset because the camera was recording, showing that not only he has no control of his wife and that she talked back at him, but also the fact that she openly admits to sleeping with other people.

All in all it was just embarrassing

Exactly, she's trying to humiliate the man who takes care of her in front of the world.

Little do you know, young man, but i re-read lvl 666 kingdom of god is within you by leo x100s of times in my youth. Falling for 'degeneracy' and 'loserdom' spooks you yourself prove a intellectual low-weight in a serious need of 'lvling'. 'Muh fascist structure' you say in a post-wank clarity, trying to shame adults relaxing with a beer after a hard work day. 'Bashing' readers of 'deadbeats' who you see as ' hip/bohemian/edgy/fun/nostalgically-beatnik/fill in the blank' gives you much needed neuro-rush after another 'fill in the blank' day, while being also to you a tryout for your tribe of 'x x x x mogolian x forums' self-proclaimed intellectuals club. Stop judging, stop 'meming', start living, have fun, enjoy, connect, get to know.

my last remark of a kinder-garden quality: 'Now, that's okay -- it's normal and I can't fault you for it because I've been there myself -- but it's level 1 shit. Since you are hopefully now aware of it, it's time to level up.' - no u

She wasn't trying to humiliate him she was just being honest, if anything Bukowski made it embarrassing and painfully obvious

Internet good in the looney bin?

New Veeky Forums copypasta?

Make it so

>tfw you unironically spent two weeks straight getting stoned going through Inherent Vice, mapping it out and trying to discover the true nature of the golden fang