I unironically believe that JK Rowling created the best university ever produced in literature in her Harry Potter...

I unironically believe that JK Rowling created the best university ever produced in literature in her Harry Potter series.

No school surpasses Hogwarts.

No friendship surpasses that of Harry, Ron and Hermione.

No plot surpasses the plot in HP.

No catalogue of names is more meaningful and symbolic than those in HP.

There is no variety of objects and locations superior to the broomsticks, chocolate frogs, every-flavor beans, cloaks, wands, deserted shacks, huts, invisible hideaways, underground vaults, hidden rooms etc as in the Harry Potter universe.

Please, please post in this thread to celebrate Harry Potter. The boy who lived!

>best university
The Earthsea one is better

>No friendship surpasses that of Harry, Ron and Hermione
A good number of Chinese cartoons are better.

>No plot surpasses the plot in HP
Nah,

>No catalogue of names is more meaningful and symbolic than those in HP.
I don't know what this means.

>There is no variety of objects and locations superior to the broomsticks, chocolate frogs, every-flavor beans, cloaks, wands, deserted shacks, huts, invisible hideaways, underground vaults, hidden rooms etc as in the Harry Potter universe.
This is true. Harry Potter has a very unique kind of whimsy that continues in every book. Like Roald Dahl on crack.

I think he meant "iconic and well-known" rather than "meaningful and symbolic."

Dylan?

She wrote good kid's books and I don't think there's anything wrong with revisiting it if you feel the need and have nothing better to do, but it's fucking obnoxious that people put so much meaning into her shit since it basically boils down to just bee urself, love/friendship conquers all, puberty is rough, and anyone who values greatness over mediocrity and tolerance is literally Voldemort.
Still though...
>tfw no Luna gf

Hailey!?!?

Harry was angry most of the time and broke a ton of rules literally every fucking book and never faced any consequences for it. He is also constantly getting people around him into danger for selfish reasons while simultaneously trying to desert them to do things on his own.

Ron is a half coward, half idiot who isn't really good at anything and never really becomes good at anything. He makes stupid decisions, but I can't think of a time where he made a stupid decision and then learned from it. In fact, his whole Quidditch arc in whatever book that was really irritated me because it didn't make sense.

Hermione is a Mary Sue.

OP here. I meant meaningful and symbolic, thank you very much.

What do I mean by that?

I mean that the names themselves, while appearing random and created solely for the purpose of entertaining (e.g. Humperdink Dragonsclaw) are actually references to myths from various countries, or plants whose type is relevant to the type of character with said name, or historical figures, and so on. There is nothing left to chance. Everything ties together. JK Rowling's OCD-like precision means that the Harry Potter universe functions as a wholly connected universe. There is no fat to trim, there are no loose ends. She creates plots which overlap and vie for the spotlight, she introduces an entire armory of Chekhov's guns which all eventually go off at some time or other.

Literally non of the main characters were going to get careers after high school. What job do you really expect Ron to have a in world without manual labor?

So much of that shit is obvious and cliched. I figured out many of the references when I was in middle school and it's laughable if you're actually impressed by it as an adult.

WRONG oh my god

Okay....

Harry is a BRAVE but misunderstood young man. Of course he's angry, ummm Voldemort killed his parents!?!?

Ron doesn't take much seriously but his narrative arc is that he learns to be brave, independent and a leader (why do you think Hermione falls for him hmmm?)

Hermione is bossy and patronizing, but her narrative arc is opposite to Ron's. She learns to break rules, to relax, to joke around etc. That's why they end up together, they both reach Aristotle's golden medium (or whatever lol!) at the same time and fall in luuurv (oooooohh!)

Urrr, okay stop talking to me now. Seriously, I just...Ew.

>Seriously, I just...Ew.
This is not good bait dude. You need to make real life friends.

*draws wand*

I'd be careful what you say, little guy.

Hehe.

Did you "get" the reference to Sturm und Drang in the name Durmstrang?

Did you "get" the fact that Snape's first ever potion in book 1 is a reference to his regret and sadness at the death of Harry's mother, Lily?

Seriously kid, Rowling plants so many seeds that it will take decades to fully appreciate her work in full. It's like de-mining a village in Somalia.

Did you read the IMDB trivia or something?

I'm curious, is Sturm und Drang relevant to the story in any way? Is that a thematic reference?

Apparently it refers to some kind German literary movement Goethe was originally apart of.

So no, its not relevant at all.

>she introduces an entire armory of Chekhov's guns which all eventually go off at some time or other.
>time travel introduced in book 3
>"woops, they all got broken before we could use them to kill voldy, lol"

*accio humour*

Huh, nothing flew towards me. I guess you comment wasn't funny.

i didn't make a joke tho, i pointed out a flaw in the harry potter books. the only reason it seems as though she planted chekhov's guns is because she filled the first few books with tons of pointless fluff, and returned to some of it later.

>elder wand swticheroo

That shit alone brings down the entire series

it was all placebo. the wand maker guy was basically a pseudo-scientist. it only worked out because harry mindfreaked voldy, and destroyed his self-confidence. magic is all mental, the wands are just amplifiers and targeting systems

He's right you know. The time turners are very poor writing. I literally just have to ignore it to enjoy the series at all.

Stop.