Is it actually good food?

Is it actually good food?

Other urls found in this thread:

aht.seriouseats.com/2012/08/in-n-out-severs-ties-with-beef-supplier-over-inhumane-treatment.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I had it once in Las Vegas and was VERY disappointed. I was pretty pumped about finally trying it and there was a long line, but what I got was very mediocre. The fries tasted like generic frozen fries and the burger (animal style or whatever) was just okay. The hot peppers were a nice touch.

I'd rather have Wendy's DESU

They're just decent, nothing special without the thousand island dressing.

better then most shit

Slightly above McDonald's tier, maybe. Other user is right, I'd rather have Wendy's.

The GOAT fast food t b qh

>Slightly above McDonald's
your on drugs if you think that

I'd rather have McDonalds than in-n-out, But If I really want a good fast food burget I'm heading to Whataburger

Eh. It’s overhyped a bit but it is good. The most appealing thing is its limited locations.

I've always enjoyed it

Culvers is obviously the best regional fast food burger

Anyone who says it isn't the best fast food burger is lying and most likely never tried it.

Pretty good. Not a high quality burger but the best basic burger you can find and now one of the cheapest places too.

Taco Bell of burgers with a "secret" menu and fewer locations. It's not horrible just don't fall for the hype.

Overrated like the state it's from

To Californians it is the fast food ideal. Non Californian opinions need not apply.
I blame New York transplants for using it to brag to their friends back east about having this super cool burger joint all the locals are into. Then they had to go and make a meme out of muh secret menu.

Step aside pleb

Whataburger is fucking based and if you disagree you should just fucking kill yourself while you're at it

Like I like Whataburger,but don't you think we're sucking it's dick a little too hard like those Californians who Say In-n-out is gods gift?

Not really, the triple meat Whataburger with grilled onions and jalapenos is the best T B H famalam.

Mcdonalds is the worst tier of fast food

I don't know, pic related might give McDonald's a run for their money on being the worst

they have good fries

Is my burger better?

Not anymore.

It use to be my favorite fast food place over here in Cali, but I stopped eating from there after they changed beef suppliers a few years ago, then the quality went to shit.

Burgers use to be thick n' juicy, but now are thin as a cheeseburger from McDonald's.

>Pickles

I worked here for years, my first job till I was finished with college. After hours we would fuck around and make our own custom burgers. Shit was cash.

Normal Fries are complete shit, animal style fries are miles better.

The fries taste like that because they were straight up potatoes 5 minutes earlier. Not frozen.

They don't have a beef supplier, they butcher their own.

What lvl were you user? I am also an INOfag

what i meant was that ininout is by far way better then Mcdonalds

INO seems like a place nobody is really ashamed to say they work at since they typically get paid more than your average burger flipping joint.

this in n out uses fresh cut potatoes for there fries

Was Level 7 as I was finishing up. Do not miss the fast pace at all but it was a great experience. Wouldn't trade it for the world.

Hell yeah man, it's a great place to work. Great money too if your just out of high school/college. Plus free food.

I always find it strange when people say In-n-Out fries aren't fresh. You can literally see them smashing potatoes through the slicer in the back.
Its funny because other places, like shake shack, initially thought it would be better to do the fresh fries thing, but turned out people like the frozen stuff more.
I order mine well done, and have no problems.

How are the animal fries? I didn't know they bathed them in cheese and onions like that.

god awful. its a shit as it looks.

Cheese ,Grilled Onions and Thousand Island dressing I believe.

I like mine the standard way, but well done is closer to what most people expect.
God tier. I'd get em every day but I don't want to get fat. You can also order those well done because the steamer we use to melt the cheese has a tendency to soften em a bit.

I obviously don't know what it tastes like but imma say yes.

right at my innout there potato cuter is in the middle window in the drive thru its impossible not to see them cut the fries

best fries in any chain fast food

They don't supply their own beef. Not even McDonalds. They get it through suppliers like every other restaurant chains.

aht.seriouseats.com/2012/08/in-n-out-severs-ties-with-beef-supplier-over-inhumane-treatment.html

I've literally had customers insist our fries were: frozen and/or under a heat lamp, even after I tell them we don't have freezers, and that I had literally done the whole process of peeling/dicing/frying minutes before. Also, fuck Cosmopolitan and BuzzFeed for making people think "monkey burgers" and "roadkill fries" are a thing.

That's just the source of cattle. The quarter chucks are butchered at their own facilities.

Really fresh tasting burgers.

Garbage fries that taste like croutons. No starch to them whatsoever.

Milkshakes no longer taste good, either.

It's good under two conditions:

1) better burger places aren't open
2) the line is short

otherwise, it's much easier to just go to a different restaurant and enjoy something almost as good.

My personal favorite burger place
Yeah its a meme or whatever but I grew up in california so I had these burgers from childhood to adult life
I'll usually get a double double mustard grilled with grilled onions and extra spread, animal fries too if I'm feeling them.
Technically its fast food but I'd say its leagues better than any fast food burger you can get

>Non Californian opinions need not apply.
Why not, we have them in Nevada

this

The thing I hear the most from people is that the fries aren't good, and I can agree with that to an extent. It depends on how quickly you get the fries from when they were made and it also depends on the quality of the potatoes we get. Generally they're always good potatoes, but from time to time they're pretty spotty and those can be a pain to deal with, we have to go through extra procedures just to get them to look normal after being cooked.

We usually wash out the starch after we dice the potatoes into the sink, if we don't the fries tend to all stick together in the fryers and we need to shake the fryers more often to break them up.

You have to be doing something else, besides washing them. You're either using the wrong type of potato, or you're cutting them way too fine. Actually, this might be it. Your fries are almost shoestring size. All I'm tasting is a crispy crust with no potato starch whatsoever.

You can have good tasting fries with fine cuts, without doing whatever it is that you're doing. I honestly don't go to In N Out that often because I live in a city with local burger joints that can also cook a mean burger with starchy fries.

It's funny, i've worked for the company for about five years and I can't for the life of me remember what potatoes we use are called right now, maybe one of the other in n out people in the thread can help me with that one. There's not much else to the process than what people see, they're washed and peeled in the back, and then diced and cooked in front of the customers. We do test cook the fries in the morning though, to see if we need to cook them longer in lower temperatures, or held in warmer or colder water after they're diced, so that could be a big factor as to why you're not getting a good fry.
I don't eat the fries as much as I used to. I've gotten kinda tired of them myself after working there for nearly five years but i'll never get sick of the burgers desu. You're lucky you've got some local burger joints though, not many quality ones around where I live, unless you count Fatburger or the Habit

Yeah. I wish someone with more potatoy knowledge could chime in. Maybe it's cooking them at the wrong temperature too. Or a combination of all the things previously mentioned.

I should've mentioned this. But I'm actually a potato wedge/steak fries kind of guy. So I clearly have that preference...

On an unrelated topic, is it true that In N Out managers earn a huge salary? How about the workers? You mentioned that you've been with them for five years--they can't be treating you as badly as McDonalds, right?

My reason for asking. I'm studying to be a teacher and some advisor quite bluntly told me, "why would you want to be a teacher when you can make more money being a manger at In N Out?" I don't know what her deal was, maybe her husband is one, or a friend is. Don't know. It's also very arrogant to say that anyone can just be a manager, right?

iirc, I think they're Kennebec potatoes, the name sound familiar. But I feel you, i'm a curly fry guy myself.

And while I can't pinpoint how much my store manager makes, I know he makes a six figure salary easily. Also they do get bonuses periodically depending on a lot of factors, biggest one probably being how many burgers were selling over a certain time period that add up as well.

I'd say i'm doing well off on my own part time, although it would make a big difference if I was full time, but each store can only afford to keep a handful of us full time, but I live comfortably on what I make as a level 7 associate. And yeah, they've treated me pretty well for a fast food company, and a lot of that comes from upper management just treating us with a lot of respect. They do a good job of working with your schedule if you're part time, have a family or go to school. There's also the free food, workplace safety awards, company picnics and i've been on a couple of trips to Disneyland on their dime, with spending money to boot too. Can't think of many places that do that for their employees.

That's kind of a weird thing for an advisor to say honestly. They probably did overhear how much they make from someone, or they know someone who's a store manager. I hear it all the time myself but people don't hear about how long it could potentially take to get to that point. I wouldn't say ANYONE can be a manager there though, I know a lot of people who've gone into management only to burn out and quit or back down to an associate level because they can't handle the stress. On the other hand i've heard stories of people in their early 20's becoming store managers in a couple years after being hired because they just understand how it all works. I believe anyone can work their way up into the company as long as they're willing to work for it, how long it takes depends on the person and if they fit the job better than others.

i live in texas and do agree whataburger is great, but sometimes you can get that drop in quality characteristic to most fast food chains. all the in n outs i've been to are markedly consistent in the quality of the food that i've gotten. i'd take a perfectly made whataburger patty melt over any other fast food meal, but i'll usually pick in n out unless it's lunch rush or something and i know the whataburger staff will be on point.

The one thing that In-N-Out has above literally all other fast food competition is the quality to price point ratio. It's easily the best burger and fries you can get at roughly 7 dollars in the west coast area.

Compare that to a Big Mac meal that costs roughly 6 dollars.

no

Or that, I actually enjoyed culver's burger way more than in-n-out's

Anyone who says this juicy, melty, special sauced burger doesn't look better than any other burger on this thread is a fucking liar or doesn't like burgers.

Cookout beats the shit out of In-N-Out for value.

>that fucking 'cheese'.

It's a fast food burger m8 what did you expect?

I'll take a chicken quesadilla with two chicken quesadilla's as sides.

In my country even McDonald's use real cheese.

they do that everywhere

Lol that's not real cheese, that's an American single
Which is what they use everywhere

>Emmental is an American single
Retard.

The quesadillas do have a dope zesty sauce on them. I think the main quesadilla is just 2 of the side items ones.

I usually go Chargrilled Chicken Club style or Big Double Cheddar style, ranch chicken wrap, beef quesadilla, and, of course, a Cheerwine float.

You can't just throw around a fancy cheese name you heard somewhere and apply it to McDonald's burgers