Rank these

>Seeing Shakespeare performed on the stage
>Reading Shakespeare
>Seeing a filmed, verbatim performance of Shakespeare
>Seeing a filmed adaptation of Shakespeare
>OMG Shakespeare

Cancer and degeneracy.

/thread

Plays are for the stage, period. Reading a play is like reading a movie script, it doesn't compare to the real thing at all.

That's what I thought, It's just that I have no-one to go with. I don't mix in those circles. I live near the Globe too

>Seeing Shakespeare performed on the stage
>Reading Shakespeare
>OMG Shakespeare
>Seeing a filmed, verbatim performance of Shakespeare
>Seeing a filmed adaptation of Shakespeare

Screenplay shakespeare is an abomination.

how to people take plays seriously? granted, i've never been to a broadway level play, but the acting is always so excessively dramatic that, even if the style is intentional, i can't take it seriously and become completely distracted by how shit and obnoxious the actors are

I think the idea of adapting Shakespeare to text messages could have had potential if it had been done well and the necessary liberties had been taken to modernize whatever needed to be. But this just seems silly and looks to be aimed to kids who need to read say Romeo and Juliet for school and do not want to. It doesn't seem to have any merit on its own right, or be something that anyone would read except to "cheat" on a book report or something.

>t. robot with no imagination

>the acting is always so excessively dramatic that, even if the style is intentional, i can't take it seriously and become completely distracted by how shit and obnoxious the actors are

This is actually the best way to work out if an actor is good. If you can't tell they're acting, they're fucking great

on stage, at the Globe Theatre in Early Modern English

anything else - fuck off

Shakespeare with samurai > all other modes of consuming Shakespeare

OMG Shakespeare is the only way to go, rest is cancer

>1. seeing shakespeare performed on the stage when you know the play well
>2. reading shakespeare

*power gap*

>3. seeing shakespeare performed on the stage

Honestly it's gibberish at times if you're not familiar with the lines, particularly as you can't reread what's being said in the heat of the moment

This. The people in this thread that say plays aren't meant to be read must be in denial.

OMG platonic dialogues when?

the 2015 Macbeth film was pretty decent

>Buy complete works of Shakespeare
>Shred
>Mix with water to create pulp
>Shove Shakespeare pulp up ass
>Instantly absorb all of Shakespeare' wisdom
>mfw

If you dislike well-performed plays you're a pseud. Do you live in a major city? Most have decent theaters.

What's with that weird discolouration on that guys thumb?

F