Jacobite magazine short-story contest

Hi Veeky Forums,

I am one of the co-founders of Jacobite magazine, a magazine that focuses on philosophy, (post-)politics and cultural analysis from an "exit" point of view. Exit in this context means building alternatives in ways that range from Silicon Valley techno-secessionists building cryptocurrencies or religious traditionalists creating parallel institutions.

I have browsed Veeky Forums for a while, and I know there's a decent amount of talented writers here who want to get published. So I am inviting this board's users to submit short stories that have a theme of "exit" or "building alternatives" in a braod sense. Submissions should be between 2500 and 6,000 words. Put it in Word format or into the body of the email.

Contributors are paid, but probably slightly less than market rate for short stories because our funding is limited right now. But the winner of the contest will appear in our first print edition, so you will be published.

We publish academics and experts, so you will be in good company. No fiction online yet, but one is in the pipe and will be up this week.

Thee website (jacobitemag.com) launched less than a week ago. We will have a quarterly print edition very soon.

Anyway even if you're not interested, follow @jacobitemag on social media. I know Nick Land is popular here, and he's a regular Jacobite contributor with a second piece coming soon.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/jacobitemag/status/870340953122451464
jacobitemag.com/2017/05/25/a-quick-and-dirty-introduction-to-accelerationism/
jacobitemag.com/2017/05/26/chapo-traphouse-will-never-be-edgy/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

S H I L L
H
I
L
L

SHILL

SHILL

SHILL

fuck those limpwristed commie faggots and fuck this shill thread

Forgot my trip :)

>that have a theme of "exit"

The tiger
He destroyed his cage
Yes
YES
The tiger is out

Jacobite magazine, not Jacobin you retard

holy...

Oh I forgot to give the email. Send submissions to [email protected]

fucking bitch niggers

so instead of commie faggots you're literal who's not worth the time of even the biggest loser here.

kill yourself and flush your rag down the toilet you cuck.

"Hey guys I founded a magazine but i've been spending all my time on this loser website with you!"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAA

Can we have some proof that this is real?

Hilarious one, fellow /leftypol/ler :).

like....existence in general?

twitter.com/jacobitemag/status/870340953122451464

this """"magazine""" looks like the huffpo for white male college kids with no friends

What is the deadline?

July 1

what made you pick that gay ass name?

hoping to get some commies who were looking for jacobin but made a typo?

1. Jacobites called into question the legitimacy of the parliamentary political system
2. the founders are Catholic

There are people on Veeky Forums that aren't familiar with Jacobitism... I'd expect that from /pol/.

Can I write a story about killing myself? It won't be very good.

I'm gonna write a story about a couple of faggots who browse Veeky Forums and suck each other's dicks all day and found a magazine called jacobin together

exit life

this is bretty good jacobitemag.com/2017/05/25/a-quick-and-dirty-introduction-to-accelerationism/

heh... i appreciate the offer, kiddo, but i'm a little bit above your pay grade.
now if you were from Jacobin, then we could talk.

more like jaco-being-a-little-bitch weekly

Yes but it's too similar to Jacobin. You even put in the "mag" in the domain like Jacobin. At best, it's confusing, but it's really just embarrassing.

the ambiguation is intentional, just because Jacobins and Jacobites are confused so much despite pretty much being opposites. Unlike pretty much every new magazine, we're not some artisanal flavor of communist.

And we tried to just get "jacobite.com" but it's owned by some Scottish tour company

OP how big is your cock?

mag is a cool word, almost the coolest

You might be able to jacobi.te; .te is a Tamil Eelan DNS.
But I'd be surprised if you could figure out how given that you were naive enough to think any commonword.com might be available or affordable.

I didn't think jacobite.com would be "available," but I offered to buy it from the tour company since jacobite.com just redirects a different domain, so they weren't getting a gigantic amount of use from it

that logo kinda sucks too, like you could of used the j from the jack card to feed into your name but you just had to pick the king

Such a common word most people on Veeky Forums don't know what it means.
Jacobitism is about the King. Why do you even post here?

well James II was the king, wasn't he?

kys sage etc etc

yeah but I'm talking about using the J from the jack card to make your logo look dope

The shitposters always come out of the woodwork whenever offers like this arise, if you weren't already a browser of this board I'd feel bad for you having to deal with them trying to derail your thread. Anyway, this is definitely interesting and I would love to (attempt to) contribute, along with many others on here I'm sure. July 1st is the deadline you said, yeah? Are you accepting non-fiction/essays too? Nietzsche is my area of interest, and it'd be cool to maybe also submit an essay on my traditionalist-political reading or appropriation of his work.

Common word as in it's in the dictionary. Pretty much all common words URLs get parked by people or businesses hoping to profit from whoever wants to actually use them.

Just because it redirects doesn't mean it's not being used; it'll be helping them boost traffic, or keep old links on referral sites that haven't been updated yet work. Good luck all the same.

>The shitposters always come out of the woodwork whenever offers like this arise, if you weren't already a browser of this board I'd feel bad for you having to deal with them trying to derail your thread.
open wider I think you can fit more of his dick in your mouth
>Anyway, this is definitely interesting and I would love to (attempt to) contribute, along with many others on here I'm sure.
Lel
>July 1st is the deadline you said, yeah?
you realize that he wrote that in the thread above you and this isn't a verbal conversation you fucking autist?
>Are you accepting non-fiction/essays too? Nietzsche is my area of interest,
of course he is.
>and it'd be cool to maybe also submit an essay on my traditionalist-political reading or appropriation of his work.
this whole post is reddit and cringe

we accept non-fiction articles/essays in general, but that's a separate thing from the offer in this thread to make it into print, and we pay more for fiction.

If you think you have something good use the same email (inquiries at jacobitemag.com)

Jesus, sorry if my lack of shitposting offended you, man.

Cool, what's the pay for each?

50 bucks for online-only pieces

But then why have the card motif in the first place? It would just be a non-sequitur.

Hello OP I represent a firm that has quite a bit of money to invest in blog start ups and I think I could convince them to expand to print mags if you have what it takes to interest them. I interested they are able to furnish 10,000 dollars in non-conditional grants.

the one caveat is that you will need to eat one of your magazines in front of us. If you refuse to accept we will buy your magazine and turn it into an anime fanzine. you will be writing articles about Naruto and weebshit until you're fingers bleed. you have 24 hours to accept our offer.

kek

>LIFE AND DEATH ON THE CONTENT FARM
so you steal article like these from the hipsterrunoff guy's vice column?

lmao who the fuck reads vice?

How exactly do you have 900+ followers after 15 tweets? Why is your twitter account five years old? How can Nick Land be a regular contributor if you've only been established a week with no issues yet?

>jacobitemag.com/2017/05/26/chapo-traphouse-will-never-be-edgy/
the title seems promising, good clickbait
but the actual article is underwhelming
it's short, and very stale

1. we promoted the account well
2. the account is years old because someone associated has been squatting on it for years (I think he registered it as a joke referring to Jacobin)
3. Nick Land has another piece coming soon and expressed interest in writing regularly

andrea castillo

piping hot, delicious pasta

At what point in your life did you realise that you will never be a real journalist?

It's been brewing for a while. I'm surprised Unqualified Reservations didn't do something like this sooner.

who are you

>it's a "OP needs anonymous NEETs to write shitty articles for his shitty magazine because he's somehow even more of an unimaginative shitty writer than them episode"

Robert.

all of these articles are really short
is it clickbait for brainlets

Kantbot wrote it[/spoilers]

It's Bob from HR
stop impersonating me

no you aren't

they range from, like, 1500 words to 3000. That isn't short

You're right, I'm not Robert, is.

I don't honestly know how to answer that. I'm not anyone that you'd know or anything.

>1500 words to 3000.
u4 brainlet

This thread reeks of rabid samefaggotry and I don't just mean op

If you like longer-form stuff, we have a forthcoming essay from Charles Coulombe you should watch for

I didn't make that thread

Would you publish my erotic fan fiction of Nick Land puppet-fisting Elon Musk while his wife watches? There's a short segment where they discuss the political implications of Roko's Basilisk.

You won't find much but friends/followers of the cathedral here. I don't have any better recommendations for you though. If you know of any please let me know.

After this first one, what will your model for accepting submissions be? Are you going to become more tight-knit, or keep canvassing for friendly weirdo nobodies, with Baudrillardian accelerationist spirit-medium manifestos?

Do you vet submissions by content or by author? I would want to stay anonymous.

We want regular good (and notable) contributors, but will always publish good content.

We allow pseudonyms but want to keep that to a minimum.

What is your politics?

I like Nick Land, Catholics, nihilism, and a lot of accelerationism, when they have a left wing slant.

But I can't stand the whiff of reactionaries as they are today. Especially I find sad that Nick, an incredibly intelligent man, colludes at all with human diversity or any other racist ideologies...

Critics of enlightenment, democracy, reason, scientism, humanism, I get them.

Using them just as an excuse to defray the costs of civilization on its weakest members is not only vile but leads to a lot of intellectual dishonesty...

I thought that pic was Charles for a second

What are you talking about?

we won't get along. you offer nothing to us at Jacobite. might as well move along

the publication's only institutional stance is pro-exit, but this naturally gives us common cause with people on the right.

Exit isn't an exclusively right-wing phenomenon, though. Read Liberal Archipeligo or read up about Autonomism

That's understandable. I'm an academic, but junior, so I can't really afford to have my insane shit out there in a format where people can Google it through my name.

FUCK OFF NAZI SCUM

TAKE YOUR RETARDED /POL/SHIT BACK TO LIT IS A COMMUNIST BOARD FUCK OFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Too bad, a lot of content is interesting, but I can't associate myself to the right since as it is today I feel that a lot of the ideas are just built ad-hoc to be antagonistic to the right, and not out of a sincere understanding of the matter.

This is just a pugilistic view of intellectualism, where it's often easy to embarrass oneself (like seriously there is nothing more uncool than the effort the right is making to look cool -- see your chapo article) and ideas are judged only on the merit of their virality (a lowly populist meter) since the only point is being a contrarian.

I feel that there is no real desire for an understanding of the matters at hands, but just an exercise in control and power.

Robert from HR isn't associated with the magazine, he's a random user. Only this tripcode is associated with the mag

>short stories
Are you accepting non-fiction?

for this contest, if it's a story, yes. If it's just an essay, not for this contest

Can I use a pseudonym?

I publish in newspapers and magazines fairly regularly, but I fear direct association with the politics of your magazine might have negative implications for my non-political writing.

Edward Waverly is Kantbot right? That was the assumption being made in a thread a few days ago.

What does "exit" have to do with trying to restore the Stuart monarchy?
Are you accepting scottish history pieces because fuck you if you aren't

I saw your invitation for submissions on Xenosystems as well. I assume that stands?

Is this "contest" any different than your normal submission process?

zzz

What do you mean by "exit"?

the winner of this
1. gets more $ than usual
2. makes it into print

we have a forthcoming piece from Charles Coulombe

Kantbot thinks he is Chesterton just because they share the same outline.

>I know there's a decent amount of talented writers here who want to get published

name one

Anonymous

>I fear direct association with the politics of your magazine might have negative implications

Yeah, my worries exactly. How far afield is Jacobite going to go? I don't really want to be published in this and then next month they publish Brett Stevens or Ted Kaczynski or something else that will put me on the Cathedral shit-list.

damn, rekt i guess

lol you want me to write some allegorical piece of shit???

nah senpai

/pol/tards came quite a while ago.
And sadly, they came to stay.

You can have a theme without being an allegory, fuckface