Broke lads food

What kind of food do you eat when you hit the lowest bottom of your wallet?
Pic somewhat related

Other urls found in this thread:

nutritionvalue.org/Stinging_Nettles,_blanched_(Northern_Plains_Indians)_nutritional_value.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Rice, beans, chicken, soups, bread, ramen

Cock

Nice

Mix of rice topped with cooked tomato cooked and scrambled eggs.
That or rice with whatever veg is on sale that week, I always have some sauces inhouse to cook something up.

Little Ceaser's

Tuna casserole.
Chuckwagon beans.
Veggie soup.

cheapest chunk of bulk meat I can buy, into the slow cooker it goes

boil ramen, add 1 or 2 eggs, add shitty meat from the slow cooker, whatever vegetables were cheap, ezpz nutritious meal. tastes pretty good too

I bake my own bread then eat it with butter.

Veggies, pasta, and bacon

a loaf of bread is like 1 dollar for wholemeal

Rice, beans, bread, pasta, condensed soup casseroles. I start to use bacon ends to flavor most things. But really, if you cook most of what you eat, you learn to have cheap staples around anyways. Those near infinitely shelf stable dry goods that you buy in bulk anyways.

Lentil soup is probably my easiest quick cheap meal. It's 3 minutes of chopping carrots and onions, and like 40 minutes of simmering for a meal that costs like 2 bucks and serves 6. Add some fresh baked bread at about 20 cents a loaf and the family is pretty happy.

cheapest poor man food is egg salad sandwhich.

jar of relish
jar of mayo
loaf of white bread
12 dozen eggs.

5 days of food for five dollars.

Next 5 days will cost two dollars since you have the relish and mayo.

You can get "ok" nutrition for around 12 bucks a month.

>5 days of food for five dollars.
that's at least $15 here

even where you live, I'm sure there must be cheaper, healthier alternatives like beans and rice or oats. To either of those a small bit of flavor somewhere adds a lot and makes it much more bearable.

Rice + eggs
Potatoes + eggs
anykind of beans
pasta + pesto or butter

and water

Not him, but I got 18 eggs for 99 cents yesterday.
The relish and mayo are not going to be completely consumed in one week, so you're probably talking more like a dollar per week on those. The bread is oddly the most expensive item on his list.

I mean, The eggs were on sale, but even if they aren't they're like 1.50 a dozen. There are advantages to living in the flyovers.

egg sammy guy here.

egg sammy also offered a balanced nutrition of fats/proteins/carbs. The relish and (if homade mayo) lemon juice provide vitamin C to prevent scurvy.

For extended periods of poor tier - the egg sammy is the only way to go. Also - they CAN be fucking delicious...if you work on it.

>soft boiled eggs

well this is what i eat every day

2 red shin ramyun
2 eggs for the ramen
1 bag of frozen mixed veggies

$3 a day

You'll need to start factoring in 4 dollars a month in high blood pressure meds soon.

>t. a guy who's been there.

You can't beat a whole fucking pizza for $5. You fucking CAN'T.

Eat stinging nettle, can't beat free food.
I'm in Oregon usa and eat that shit as a staple vegetable comparable to spinach. All you have to do is wash it in hot water or stir-fry it and it wont sting you. You can even dry it out and grind it for flour.

nutritionvalue.org/Stinging_Nettles,_blanched_(Northern_Plains_Indians)_nutritional_value.html

Nothing.

I can. Keep some frozen pizza dough around. You can make a enough for 8 pizzas using about a dollar of ingredients. 99 sent can of tomato sauce and some herbs per pizza. A bag of mozzerella will be enough for 5-6 pizzas and cost around 2 bucks. Pepperoni slices are the ripoff. Make it with onions and peppers. Whatever you normally keep around for cooking.

My final cost per onion and pepper pizza is 2.80 cents. If you insist on pepperoni, it will add another dollar per pizza.

It will taste better, and as long as you can think ahead to thaw the dough, is about 5 minutes of effort, and 20 minutes to bake.

Little Caesars spends more on the box than the pizza they put in it.

potatoes, ramen, 711 hot dogs

I know some people will go to Wal-Mart and buy the discounted/marked down stuff that is getting close to the expiration date. Things like meat and sandwiches, etc.

>2.7g protein
nice
only interesting post in this thread, among a bunch that are just downright incorrect like these

piece n pooh lole

get some beans/spaghetti
cheap cheese if u can afford it
some cheap ham
some cheap bread

grate cheese and spread ham on buttered toast, cover with beans/spaghetti

very filling meal, relatively cheap when cheese not introduced.

Spaghetti is always fucked after being in fridge for a few days.

I don't know how to manage this, everytime I eat ramen on daily basis I got diarrhea

1.5 for a dozen is crazy, I pay three bucks for half a dozen

fug, i meant tinned spaghetti, can also use spaghetti rings, same as tinned beans.

As I said, there are good reasons to live in flyover states. I am a software developer working from home. I pull down a Salary as if I was actually in our Atlanta office, but my living cost are so ridiculously low, that I build my retirement funds at an insane rate compared to my city dwelling peers. The only bitch is having to make several adjoining flights for international travel.

Look for canned foods and get some flavourful thing you like to add in, like old bay or soy sauce for me. The canning mutes sharper flavours, so it's easier to mix things together into something that harmonizes. Put in enough spice you like and it will harmonize whatever other tastes that conflict

Look for canned foods and get some flavourful thing you like to add in, like old bay or soy sauce for me. The canning mutes sharper flavours, so it's easier to mix things together into something that harmonizes. Put in enough spice you like and it will harmonize whatever other tastes that conflict

I raid the pantry.
Learn to bake and you too can be a fat shit on just pennies a day.

Hell yeah, homemade junk food is the best

I always have some kind of broth, flour, butter and potatoes on hand no matter how bad it gets, gravy fries have gotten me through many a bleak day

Is there any canned refried bean brand that doesn't taste sour? No matter what I pick it's all disgusting.

Walmart pizzas are better imo and are also 5$.

Also did you know pumpkins are food and are thus covered by ebt. Shit blew my mind today as a cashier ringing up 10 pumpkins and having the total come to 0 after snap.

pumpkins are food?!?! Mind blown...

Amy's Organic Vegetarian Refried Beans with Green Chiles

peppers cost more than pepperoni
;_;

Uhhh. no?

this week Peppers are 1.49 a lbs here and are not on sale. A pack of sliced pepperoni goes for 3.99 usually,

Y-yes, senpai.
Peppers here are $4 a lb. and sliced pepperoni is $2.

What are you doing with 10 pumpkins?

Luke??

I don't have an oven. Can you microwave Wal-Mart pizzas?

You might be broke, but it is never ok to put ketchup on weird shit. Ketchup is pretty much burgers and fries only, famalam. Eggs are pretty cheap. Ramen. Check out any discount grocery stores if you have any. Usually a lot of expired shit, but not too big of an issue if you go about it smart.

Grilled cheese sandwiches. Add a tomato slice if its a special occasion.

Buckwheat porrige. In the student`s caffeteria you could get a plate for 0.5$. The trick was that you could have some bread, ketchup and tea for free.

Cheapest protein is probably buying 10 eggs, but i can`t eat too much of them for some reason. So i usually buy some chicken. Whole is better if you want soup, but breasts are best for pure meat. Fillet it with a knife and roast. Cheap fish is pretty nutritious, but i prefer stuff like salmon and won`t fit in a budget. Pork can be cheap too, and budget cuts are great from an oven.
Milk and cottage cheese is an option, but probably more expensive per gram of protein.

Best taste for value garnish is probably baked potatoes. Season them with onion. (0.25-1$ per kilo depending on prices and season). Add cabbage and carrots (i prefer them fresh) and some cheap fruit (banana, apple, anything in season).
Add rice or lentils if you can be bothered to cook them properly (i can`t).

Ramen
Hotdogs
Potatoes
oil

You can microwave everything sweetie

Aren't fishes a bit more expensive?
I haven't checked the cheapest cuts out there though.

rice and canned tuna (some lemon juice, and or hot sauce of your choice)

>able to afford butter
look at mister money man here.

>lowest bottom of your wallet
You can probably get food stamps and eat the way you always have prior to that point, just with the added flavor of sorrow to each dish.

>12 dozen
That's too many eggs

>bake my own bread
>butter
My, do you mill your own flour as well?

No, the thing is, cheap bread is absolutely disgusting here. So even with the cheapest flour, home baked bread is better and it's like 15 cents per loaf in total.

There are different stores right?
Although i agree own baked bread will taste better a sliced loaf is only around 80 cents here.

Yes but all stores around here store their cheap bread in plastic and it all tastes like shit. I don't know why people buy this crap.