What version of the bible is best?

I'd prefer a more "epic" tone, right now I have the standard hotel New American Bible and it seems to simple. How does King James compare to New American? How hard is it to read the 1611 version? Sorry if this has been asked before.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.org/details/RotherhamEmphasizedBible
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Read the KJV. No, it's not hard.

Perfect thanks
Specifically the 1611 version? good.

"Sorry if this has been asked before"
Laffd

It's a bad image, because it's unrelated to what you're actually asking for. No: KJV is by far the most epic, in no small part because it has defined what "epic" actually is. And, yeah, 1611 should be fine.
Also yeah, OP, learn to use warosu.org.

Douay-Rheims.

The KJV was heavily politically influenced, and is missing books.

More specifically, I'd recommend the Norton critical edition The English Bible King James Version (assuming you're reading for secular/literary reasons rather than devotional). It has extensive marginal notes and commentary to keep the 17th century poetic language accessible, and correcting the odd mistranslations. It also includes the Apocrypha, and additional scholarship all around.

>I'd recommend the Norton critical edition The English Bible King James Version
Fuck I already ordered the 1611 version, this looks much more comprehensive and helpful. Hopefully the bible reading group doesn't fall apart, I'll definitely be using it

>How hard is it to read
You ESL?

meh, I'd say read KJV first to get hyped and try a scholarly version later if you're interested in a more academic approach.

>Hopefully the bible reading group doesn't fall apart
It's got one more thread in it, two tops. They MIGHT get through Exodus.

Douay-Rheims you heretic

The people who claim the KJV is inaccurate also prefer translations that alter nearly every pronoun and euphemism in the entire book.

Its literally missing books you mongrol.

Get the Douay-Rheims

I like NASB.

>Douay-Rheims
>hastily-done papist version based on the Latin rather than the original languages
>less politically influenced than the KJV

archive.org/details/RotherhamEmphasizedBible

The charred, smoking version.

>missing books
You mean it's missing gutter trash? What a shame.

>chantard
>christian

Has anyone read the ISR version?