Are light novels Veeky Forums?

Are light novels Veeky Forums?

If you reduce anime to plain text with simplified grammar and vocabulary, then what is left? It reads like fan fiction.

Slayers is literature

probably not, but they're still pretty entertaining.

Every weeb should be hunted down and sterilized.

>he thinks fanfiction is inherently bad

>sterilizing a population that rejects breeding and instead sates its carnal desires on fictional objects of affection and pillowcases

For what purpose?

Nah, even the people who read and enjoy LNs know they're objectively shit

Veeky Forums? Ayyyyyyyyyy....no. Light Novels are guilty pleasures at best. They're objectively low-level pulpy satisfaction material. There isn't any literary or cultural staying power to them. The only hope of light novel authors is for an anime studio to adapt their work into something worth remembering in a niche demographic. The entire format is designed to be read on a mobile phone and easily consumed on public transit, it even comes with author illustrations of cutesy characters for the reader to picture.

If anything, they're a symptom of a depressed society that doesn't want to think about serious or unpleasant things.

I don't see anything wrong with it. When I'm reading Ulysses, I imagine the scenes and characters as if they were from an anime.

>this is your brain on anime

Who are you quoting?

I don't understand.

>imagining pasty old Irish men with fart fetishes instead of cute anime girls interacting with each other and acting out the scenes

For what purpose?

You still get cute pictures

No, it's the same shallow content as anime but in text format.

>dismiss fan fiction
Hello, reddit?

I knows it's unpopular or whatever but some really fun non-Veeky Forums approved stuff started as fan fic

I would rather swallow a bucket filled with discarded men's ass razors from a retirement community that just shaved off a lifetime's worth of lice infested anal pubes, pass them through my entire digestive system without any anesthetic whatsoever, and shit them out all over my childhood photo albums than read a single page from that written equivalent of a late term abortion.

kek

The plan: Teach English in Japan, hire bilingual jap to translate my light novels into japanese, get them published because the quality of these things are generally so low and profit.
I'll let you guys know how it works out.

>dismiss fan fiction
Hello, reddit?

i have a copy of that that my mom bought me, shits like 1400 pages or some shit, i kinda wanna read it but i probably won't get half the biblical allusions n shit

I see your bet and raise you Sorcerous Stabber Orphen