Bone Broth

I'm making some bone broth. Should I post pics?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=3-ZqD9-W1_8
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=309&v=h2P2amdXif8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I think you mean to say stock and I am sure the 10% of us on here who actually cook have made it at least once.

But go ahead and post pics if you like.

Why would you?

yeah, stock is more correct you are right. but all the paleo fags call it bone broth these days

m.youtube.com/watch?v=3-ZqD9-W1_8

cause i'm having broing sunday, just cooking , laundry, and taking care of some other stuff that has me sat at home most of day

>bone broth
Isn't that kinda redundant?

No? It could have easily been vegetable or shellfish broth.

well, no. if i said bone stock then it would have bene redundant.

I would shoot a load of my bone broth onto her

hmmm, ok

I just made some last week - please do

It's actually the opposite. Broth is from meat while stock is from bones. It's like saying barley soba.

where do you get the bones?

Not OP, but you can get bones for cheap from the butcher or market meat counter. Just ask.

from the inside of an animal

some grocery stores will sell bones all wrapped up. other times, you just go to counter and ask.

if you live near halal or chinatown, the butchers will have bones on dispaly and you just point and say "you give me 2 pounds this, please".

Is that your stock OP? Take the lid off and let's see

still rolling away... i'll open in a b9it

The other day I was at the kroger butcher counter and asked for 5 lbs of beef bones so I could make a big batch of stock. Some myopic skeleton "woman" heard me and said, "oh, are you making bone broth?" I looked at her with disdain and said, "no, beef stock." Her smile faded to a frown.

It's called stock, dumbass.

What is even the point of all this? It's a shitload of work for a cup of jelly or two

This is far more convenient, it's pourable liquid straight from the fridge. Lasts for ages too

what is that? I never heard of that

Also, not hard, I just throw some bones, ginger, garlic, bay leaves, pepper, salt into a pressure cooker

Regular fondue from the convenience store.

Pressure cookers help for sure. How do you store the broth?

just put in plastic container and put in fridge or freezer

Haven't seen that here (USA), but we have 'better than buiollon, which seems like it is similar.

The common thing here in Sweden are dry bouillon cubes, but they're very diluted. The liquid seems better. Is BTB any good on that front?

I don't even use a pressure cooker and it's not hard. you just throw shit in a pot put it on a low fire and occasionally check on it. it's not like you gotta stand there watching or stirring it

yeah, it's essentially a boiled down stock. Like a sludge in a jar that you keep in the fridge. You then take a spoonful of it for very 2 cup of water, or whatever the ratio is. Tastes pretty good as far as 'instant' stock type stuff.

Where the fuck did "bone broth" come from? It's fucking stock.

It's more the time investment that kills me. Stock making without pressure is a day long project, for less quality end result too. Pressure cooker is magical.

>tfw no oba-san to ara ara

I find it relaxing to leave something on the stove simmering for 24-48 hours. It's a ritual I like to do that signals an end to my eating and start of fasting. And when I break my fast it will be with this broth I'm making. So throughout my fast I have this quietly bubbling stockpot to check up on, like a plant you water daily, and lifting the lid smelling it and watching it comforts me while I'm fasting.

That's interesting user. Why do you decide to fast?

quite good mate. most bullion cubes only make about a cup or ~300 mL of stock per cube. thats why you might find it a bit diluted

Real bucatini is mandatory. It's next to the spaghetti. Look for it. Shit is fucking amazing. Takes five minutes

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=309&v=h2P2amdXif8

That was a really cool video man.

It seems so simply. Although that cook is probably a badass.