What am I in for

What am I in for.

Corn. Lots of corn.

It's a slog. There are better ways to understand Smith's ideas than subjecting yourself to this.

If you don't read the whole thing you're a pleb.

a dense, boring struggle. if you give up partway, don't feel bad. watch some youtube lectures or something similar on it and come back later

Thoroughly debunked garbage.
Read Marx.

I took the opportunity to stop reading at the end of "Book 1". He explains supply and demand then repeats 50 3 page anecdotes to illustrate it. It's like reading a reference book.

Marx is wrong. The labour theory of value is obviously wrong.
He thought that there is an equality of value in trade which is wrong, there is an inequality of value.

back to r/communism and don't have children fag

I asked a similar question yesterday and got insulted for saying it was a little unrealistic to recommend it as an entry level work considering it's length and age.

Hehe this book about economics from 200 years ago is wrong so income inequality is okay and people starving or being slaves is okay

>people starving or being slaves
k how often does this occur in first world capatalist countries

>doesn't know he's a slave
If they can tell you how to walk and talk, if they can tell you how to speak and dress, if they can tell you where and when you can piss and you have no say in the matter, you're a slave. Doesn't matter if you're paid a paltry sum relative to what you've give up, you're still a slave.

Outdated economics.

You can do most anything you want as long as it doesn't endanger others in any way

>t. Living off my parents

Being W O K E.
No but really, he lays out a well thought out argument for why capitalistic economics is a superior system that produces the most good possible in a society, as well as lays all the theoretical basis for modern economics.
Id recommend a read of at least the abridged if you want a good understanding of modern economic theory.

Read Principles of Economics by Carl Menger instead. It's shorter, and more up do date. It also includes his theory of Marginal Utility, which is taught in introductory econ courses, and widely excepted by economists today.

You're about to read the prologue to Capital by Marx.

To that chart.
Why don't companies just hire someone who's willing to work for less If CEOs are paid too much? Profits are higher when salaries are lower, so it would make sense to find someone who is willing to do the same job for less money, except if they contributions are seen as 300 times more valuable than of the typical worker of that same company.

Because you're paying CEOs thousands/millions so they don't fuck up. It's also why they have the so-called "golden parachute", so that when they fuck up, they resign without complaints, otherwise their incompetence would cause much higher losses in the long run.

I'm rusty on the details, but high CEO pay often comes with stipulations about investing back into the company; it's a weird tax strategy.

holy fuck the communism is real

Well CEO's are usually paid so much from compensation, they are largely paid in stock as a form of motivation to do well so that their shares are worth more. And they're paid so well largely because they set the tone and policy of the company that trickles down from them.
You want the best possible guy for the job, because while most CEOs are just average and have little impact, a great CEO will create a radically successful company and a shit one will single handedly destroy your company (Enron/Valeant/LehmanBros).

>2017
not being self employeed