You're at a restaurant. Your server sets this bowl of soup down in front of you, stating that it is free with the meal

You're at a restaurant. Your server sets this bowl of soup down in front of you, stating that it is free with the meal.

Do you eat it?

I at least try it, and if its OK I eat it all.

I don't see why I wouldn't

As miserable as it may look, I'll eat it because I hate to waste food.

Probably yeah. Looks like a miso or chicken broth, which is nice before a meal especially if it's cold out.

Brainlet goes to restaurant does brainlet eat food?

>needs soup to be jam packed with huge chunks of shit like a wannabe stew
>can't just appreciate a broth

fucking americans.

OBSESSED

No, but seriously, you're acting like Americans only eat chili and gravy stews.

Sure but only after making a remark like "wow could they spare the vegetables?" and then picking out all of the green onion and putting it on my napkin

yes
and the bowl that it's served in is designed for sipping. no spoon needed.

Why do you think they have the highest obesity rate in the universe?

its not from stews, I can tell you that much. Also, there are middle eastern countries with higher obesity rates than the US. Read a book and stay obsessed.

loss of portion control

it sure as fuck aint our soup
shits like 90% water at its heartiest

That looks like a perfectly fine onion/miso broth

Looks good to me, I'd definitely eat it.

What are the star shaped things?

Corn.

also aside from the fact that the United States does not have the highest obesity rates in the world

I'd tear it up!

USA is 12th

That isn't a good thing, because obesity is still growing here at a crazy rate, it's just shitty for the rest of the world. Qatar surprises me, I don't visualize Arabs as fat. Also when did we pass Mexico back?

no it's just designed to fill me up so i don't complain about their small portions. so fuck them. nobody ever just gives anything away for free. you think this is my first rodeo?

Most Arab countries have a starving working class to bring the average down, but Qatar is pretty small and is stupid new-money rich.
The Polynesian countries are all fat because their diets radically changed during the post WWII cargo cult shit. They started pounding down the high calorie canned food leftover from the war and stopped eating their traditional diets.

i didn't order soup so i ask her to take it back

We still eat like farmers even though most of us don't work like farmers.
You don't need a hardy, high calorie diet to work in an office or retail store but that's the traditional American diet so we stick with it.

It actually has quite a bit to do with big sugar. For years we were taught that low-fat meant healthy. When you take the fat out of foods, it loses flavor. How do you fix that? Add more sugar.

Then there's the portion sizes problem. We shifted from being an nation of laborers to being service focused. As less and less of us do demanding work in factories and fields, we need to shift our eating habits away from the large portions of calorie dense foods that our grandparents needed to get through a work day. As a software developer I know I'm not going to burn more than 2200 calories in a day. If I don't make good decisions about what I eat, I'm going to get fat. Of course, that basic concept is easy for the populous to forget when you can't take 2 steps out of your home without being bombarded by billboards for fast food that more easily fits into the extremely busy work lives most of us tend to have.

We are a nation that tends to be career driven. We answer work emails while we vacation, and if we have a project due, we work extra hours off the clock to get it done, which often cuts into our food prep time.

As usual, problems are more complex than the person making a knee jerk reaction will ever consider.

When my pop ran his restaurant they used to over bowls of winter melon soup to all sit down diners gratis in the winter.

Hell yeah I would, I love broth, this one looks kinda sad though

>fascinating post
thank you user

You are welcome. It's kind of fascinating really, there's a growing movement of younger Polynesians to get back to traditional foods because diabetes and obesity are becoming such a big problem.

>dehydrate this
>put into coffee can packaging
>want hot chocolate on a cold night? have some soup instead

I know this is autistic but I would buy it.

You realize that instant soups and broths exist, right?

I throw it in her face

Looks bland.

>user discovers ramen noodle instant soup

Glad I could be a part of it

Sure, it looks like a decent broth.

Cargo cults is a melanesian consept and has nothing to do with diet (other than feeding ancestors that is)

That looks like a really legit broth, I love those veggies too. I'd be happy I got it desu.

maybe they don't have features and they had a couple ingredients about to turn. and decided to offer some free broth. also 3/4 cup of broth and a couple table spoons of veg is not going to fill you up
of course I would eat it. and I would go back sooner than later because of their kindness

You are an absolute faggot, it's just a clear soup.

There's no instant clear veggies broth the last time i check

The world will be better off if the only problem regarding nutrition was obesity instead of starvation

>beautifully clear broth
>vibrant colour
>varrying presentation of garnish

fuck yeah id eat it. beautifully simplistic and probably flavorful as fuck.

But they'll need the fat if they want to successfully transition to being marine mammals. In 20 years they'll be living underwater.

>shitty chicken broth
>shitty baby corn
>shitty cubed carrots
>shitty sliced cabbage
>shitty chopped green onions
>a fuckton of salt (most likely)
>MSG (most likely)

whatever. most stuff you get at cheap chinese joints is probably 10 times worse for you.

They don't. Islanders do. Unless you count Samoa. But I mean come on. All of those island fucks are fat as shit. Even Egypt has a higher obesity rate. Stop spreading your bullshit lies.

I'd try it at the very least. I'm not big on chunks of veggies in a thin soup, but the broth might taste nice.

Even if I didn't like it I'd ask for a togo container and offer it to my roommates. No point in letting food go to waste.

there is no reason not to at least try this soup and if it's good i fucking tank it

>What are herbs?
>What are spices?
You fucking Amerisharts seriously know nothing about seasoning food, other than with butter, cheese, salt, and sugar, don't you?

You're at a critically acclaimed fine dining restaurant. The waiter brings out your "salad" (pic related) and informs you that $42 plus 25% gratuity will be added to your bill.

Do you eat it?

that soup no,
if its something that looks good yeah