People with Faux-CD are annoying

Describe the stupidest, most blatant case of food-related faux-CD that you've ever seen.

My GF insists that things have to be symmetrical due to her "OCD". Bitch, bilateral symmetry isn't the only kind of symmetry in the world. Maybe I like to arrange my food using some kind of branched complex fractal symmetry that *looks* asymmetrical to plebs like you.

People with "pretend" OCDs are the worst, especially when it involves food.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=P_LvlhDAERc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I don't care about symmetry or organization, but I always have to rinse silverware and cups before I use them, even if they're clean. I don't know if it's OCD or not, but I've been doing it since I was 12.

Sounds more like autism than OCD

I agree. I'm aspergers/borderline autistic, and I can never drink/eat unless my utensils have been at least rinsed. I just don't trust dust. Not OCD, just retarded.

Another thing I do is that if there's a stack of disposable cups, I will ALWAYS grab from the second or third cup and never from the first. Same with stacks of plates at a buffet. Again, this isn't OCD, but just full blow stupid paranoia.

They should have just had one bear in 1 row out of place. As it is, the colors are not bad actually.

Go eat a dick dumbass

It isn't fucking symmetrical. There are two rows of orange. There should be another of the puke green ones.

i do the grabbing the second or third cup thing too. I always do it with baskets at the grocery store too but they are all the same there so it doesn't make sense to

I never take the first shampoo or deodorant bc that's the one ppl open up to smell

Hi I'm the asshole who opens up the second shampoo to smell :^)

these aren't in the order of the color spectrum
the fuck

>"pretend" OCDs
Nigger, do you even know what OCD is? This has to be a shitpost. Fake OCD is annoying, but you're going to need substance for an actual bitching case anyone gives a fuck about.

I would put the misplaced bear under the label.

>Buck fifty.
>For 45 bears.

Genius

>My GF insists that things have to be symmetrical due to her "OCD".
What happens if they're not symmetrical?

why is it ok to make fun of people with OCD?

people don't understand the struggles. I grew out of it luckily but anxiety disorders are no joke
still crops up occasionally if I'm getting stressed out though

>i grew out of it
that's why

it's entirely mental, nothing but your own mind doing it to itself. unless you get a brain scan and have some sort of injury, tumor, or odd activity in some associated part of the brain, you're just a product of the modern strive for survival

Not sure it this wins anything, but it is mine. I never eat everything together, like non ocd people.

For eg. First i eat fries, then salad/vegetables, and then meat. From a dish. I usually eat in order from not so tasty to best part of meal.

And now you're justifying making fun of people with mental health issues because "It's just your mind, herp derp, you have shitty genes". You're lack of understanding the complexities of it tells me YOU have shitty genes and should not breed so you don't pass your low IQ to others. Do you also tell people who are born with physical issues that they're just part of natural selection and don't deserve any help?

This is pissing me off because things should be arranged by colour from warmest to coolest if they were going to organise them in a coloured fashion anyway.

everything is all mental
some disorders can get better over time on their own as hormones, stimuli, or learned coping methods change, other can get worse.

people need stop saying OCD when all they have is an occasional C
OBSESSIVE you literally can't move past the compulsion until you have completed the ritual
DISORDER meaning it gets in the way of you having a functionally normal life

when people say "lol I'm ocd", yeah nah, you're just an anal cunt about stuff and will get over it. preferring something that is visually orderly isn't ocd, its just a normal mainstream aesthetic opinion
>lol I have to keep all my papers straight because I'm ocd
or worse yet
>a little ocd
damn, so you're telling me you prefer to keep your work organized? wow so OCD of you

now tell me, have you been sitting there for the last 40 minutes making little tiny micro adjustments you can barely see to the corner of the paper so it's sitting level with the desk JUUUUST right?
oh you haven't been? then fuck off with your self diagnosing mental illness for attention

Welcome fellow synesthesia-ite.

You go right to insulting, and bringing up a topic I never mentioned, instead of addressing my point. You are acting unreasonably, and communicating out of emotion. I have no further interest in this discussion if you continue to act in such a manner.

I'll leave with only one more thing. Traditionally, society weeds out undesirable traits and mentalities through rejection, only within the past forty years or so have we considered different approaches. These approaches have gained us much insight into causes and effects. OCD is definitely recognized by the DSM-5, but to register on the lower end of the Y-BOCS, you could be stating test parameters of everyday routine and stress relief. I could link you the stipulations involved for "diagnosis" of "OCD" if you like, but they are just arbitrary as all get out.

Found the Reddit faggot. GTFO.

>society
>take a migratory, predatory animal that lives in small family groups
>force it to live crammed in close proximity to millions of others, take away its ability to hunt, forage, and move freely across the land, require that it remains quiet and non-aggressive at all times
>sometimes this causes its brain which has been wired for hundreds of thousands of years to act a certain way to have difficulty coping with what is required of it
>THESE are the ones considered defective
k

because they don't actually understand what real OCD is. people think it's just liking things neat, and having things ordered

in reality it's checking the taps 18 times in a row other wise (you believe) you will drown in your sleep, or needing to check the lights befor you leave the house otherwise they will explode and burn the house down and therefore you're a terrible mother I HATE MYSELF

etc

used to live with this one bitch she changed her clothes like 5-7 times a day otherwise she believed the house would collapse? it made no sense also she would occasionally wig out and think the house was spaceship and we were all imposters?

>WAHHHHHH PEOPLE DONT UNDERSTAND MY TISM
reeeeeeeee

Very good points indeed.

>waaaah don't make fun of me
you should be able to make fun of everything
t medically diagnosed ocd

I just don't mention I have OCD, its a hard thing for people to understand

>have routine every morning from the moment I wake up, for every left turn I have to take a right turn
>drive to work is exactly 6 left turns, and 6 right turns. Makes my commute an extra 5 minutes
>stressful week at work, sitting in meeting and suddenly realize I've not been "equalizing" my turns
>get anxious and excuse myself to go to the bathroom
>spin around in stall till I feel "even"

>at movie theater
>suddenly have the urge to stand and scream
>can't not scream
>freaking out resisting it
>dash to car and scream

>burn my left hand pointer finger on hot pan
>shit, now I have to touch the pan with my right hand pointer finger
>shit, it didn't feel the same, better try again
>repeat with the original finger to make it an even number of attempts
>now have to do it to all my fingers
>roommate walks in on me tapping all my fingers in a hot pan trying to synchronize it

The list goes on, idk how to explain the urge / need that well.

//end blog //

Monster.

>it's entirely mental, nothing but your own mind doing it to itself.
Wrong. Your brain being wired wrong is not "mental", it's physiological. Just because it's sometimes partially a firmware issue doesn't mean it's not also a hardware issue.

Fuck, this is me
This is my specific brand of Autism
Whenever I go on a bike ride (mostly after lots of pressure from family to all do it together, I never decide to bike out of my own free will) if my bike brushes up against the grass on the right of the sidewalk I have to do it on the LEFT side of the sidewalk, too, and it had to be the same
And sometimes I get do autistic instead of doing something R-L I even go as far as to do it R-L-L-R-L-R-R-L-L-R-R-L-R-L-L-R or something with a pattern like that

That last part sounds more like schizophrenia user.

Who said i take the second one?

>Bitch, bilateral symmetry isn't the only kind of symmetry in the world

dude, can you please read the entirely of the posts you choose to respond to? holy shit, the reply to your post is right in the one you quoted
>unless you get a brain scan and have some sort of injury, tumor, or odd activity in some associated part of the brain

DONT TRUST THE DUST. DUST IS KNOWN TO BE MAJORITY HERPES-LADEN SKIN FLAKES

I'm actually repulsed by symmetry. Sure, it's annoying when one single object is out of place, but absolute symmetry is worse.

> seeing people giggle about their "OCD" because they have their shit organized
> mfw I have to do 2 hours of rituals every night before my brain will let me sleep, or I won't be able to

I know these feels

Yeah the fake OCD/organized crowd should really label themselves as "Organized Casuals Disorder"

Hoarding is in the OCD spectrum actually.

pls tell me your single

Everybody who fakes about being "so OCD" or "so bipolar" actively anger me and I get in their face about it all the time. I actually have bipolar disorder and it's literal hell on earth without being zonked out of my mind on meds, so fuck you for diminishing that shit.

How do you eat at restaurants?
Do ya take the shit to the restroom with you?

Probably uses those sanitary napkins with alcohol in them.
I do, and I do not have OCD.

When I was a child with severe OCD, this episode fucked with me and created my desire to "equalize my turns" as you say.

youtube.com/watch?v=P_LvlhDAERc

Yeah... you’re literally retarded

Funny enough, for years, whenever I tested the smell of a product I'd grab the one in front, sniff, and then hide it in the back.

THERE IS ONLY ONE ROW OF LIGHT GREEN BEARS!!!!!!!!!

humans aren't computers. All of reality is "mental". Everything is "in your head". Nothing is real.

I'm not even kidding or trolling. Look it up. Everything is indeed in your head.

except my dick, which is in your mom

How? Is it because he goes between the phone and the little animals so much?

I picked the wrong episode, sorry. I think the one I was thinking about was the one in which Donald was stretched into a really long elastic "donald rope" which wound itself inside a house. I don't remember which one it is exactly, but it was turmoil.

take all of my upvotes good sir

>have a 'repeated thoughts' exclusive form of OCD
>consists of me calling myself a 'piece of shit', 'fucking fag', etc. under my breath over and over again after remembering some wrong i've done at some point in the past
>sometimes includes shaking my head or otherwise spasming (used to hit myself or pull my hair but managed to stop that)
>this is combined with severe depression, anxiety, ADHD, and panic disorder (had literally over a dozen panic attacks over a 4hr period at my new job today)
>life is constant torture and misery

have you been to a professional user?? anyway that sounds rough proud of your for having a job and dealing with all that

I can't let other people help me cook. I hate it. As far as OCD if something gets between my fingers or toes then I feel very compelled to even out the feeling by going through all my finger or toes.

>why is it ok to make fun of people with OCD
Because it's ok to make fun of everyone.

IKTF

Got diagnosed with MDD and General anxiety, panic disorder, and social phobia.

I get the constant inner monologue attacks too.

wait, calling yourself a piece of shit is OCD?

I don't have OCD, but it is a compulsion if you do it every day over and over and over for hours on end.

I haven't been to a therapist in ages, definitely going to do so as soon as I pick out a healthcare plan. Thanks for the well-wishes! It's a six-figure job and an awesome team, so the idea of losing it over something so stupid is stressing me out. That's almost the worst part- I'm a socially able and very good at what I do, but my mental health problems cripple my potential.
Jeez. Are you getting treatment for it?
user put it very well there's a big difference between hating yourself and repeatedly recalling things (real or imagined) did wrong and punishing yourself for it. it's a living hell.

Yeah, been getting help for about 3 years now. It's difficult because apparently I've been depressed since I was a kid. Lots of bad shit to undo and learn.

Daily I take 150 mg Lamictal, 300 mg Effexor, and 450 mg Wellbutrin

And 50,000 iud of Vit D a week.

It blows in some ways. You feel like your life is a science experiment. But at least I'm not impulsively having the inside of my head filled with FUCK YOU YOU FUCKING LOSER YOU PIECE OF SHIT WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO OFFER YOU'RE AN AWKWARD UGLY FUCKING LOSER JUST END IT YOU FREAK every second of the day every single day.

Sometimes it still happens, but at least it's not as constant as it was.

I'm glad you're functional now, user. That's a very hard thing to accomplish when you lost the genetic lottery. Do you have any side-effects from the meds? And does vitamin D help on its own?

>humans aren't computers.
Wrong. Humans are the best computers. Our fucking synapses switch faster than transistors. You know that thing you can feel in the back of your head/neck? That's your cerebral cortex. It processes every fucking thing you see.

That's literally 80's-tier neuroscience, m8. Research has demonstrated time and time again that circuitboards are just a shoddy metaphor for synaptic networks; cognitive processing is far more complex and involves (extremely important) things like emotional reasoning, implicit and explicit processing, cognitive hierarchies, etc. that have no analogue even in (contemporary) AI.

Veeky Forums - mental disorder discussion

Better than the constant bitching and derailing about niggers and whores

It's iu not iud. An iud is something very different

who /germaphobe/ here

>Do you also tell people who are born with physical issues that they're just part of natural selection and don't deserve any help?
Yes. Even better are the ones who weren't born with physical issues but acquired them later in life due to their own stupidity and now expect everyone else around them to pick up their slack.

How can mirrors be real if our eyes aren't real?

just wait for someone to grab a plate at the buffet

>Asperger's
>Borderline autistic
Aspie here (medically documented certified high functional autism) you know that being an aspie is being autistic right? It's just different degrees of severity that denote the different usage.

I also made some mozzarella sticks. Want some? Fresh out of the oven

Here. It really sucks but I can imagine the guys doing hour long routines every day have it worse.

>red
>orange
>blue
>green
>yellow
>yellow
>blue
>orange
>red
Just pointing it out because nobody else has

But then the plate below it is the top plate, therefore it is dirty now.

>OCD

>labels aren't symmetric or even lined up

I literally cannot fall asleep until I've taken a shit and peed about 10 minutes before sleeping. If I can't, I'll be unable to sleep until I'm exhausted and pass out. I still will have to get up to pee before sleeping.

I'll have nightmares about needing to pee or poop and no matter what how much I pee or shit, the feeling never goes away.

>human
>wired to act certain way

Choose one

Sometimes an intrusive thought will occur while I'm walking through a doorway. If I'm particularly anxious that day I'll have to stop (balanced on one foot like a retard) and think of something positive that "negates" the intrusive thought before I can finish walking through the doorway.
This rarely happens anymore but it feels so awful when it does. I force myself to ignore shit like this 99% of the time because I know it's all just irrational manifestations of anxiety, but my brain just won't quit.

A guy with really bad OCD lived across from me once. Whenever he got home from work he would open and close each of his car's four doors at least 8 times a piece, then lock and relock it several times. Whenever he left his apartment, he would open and close his door a couple times, then lock it and yank on it about 15 times to make sure it was locked. Real OCD is actually pretty fucked.

>Effexor
Holy. Fucking. Hell. The withdrawal is miserable... I was on it for a year in combo with others (also a diagnosed ocd) and I wouldn't wish those brain zaps on anyone. Vertigo, auditory hallucinations, chills... That being said, while on it consistently and avoiding withdrawal, I felt great! It made me impulsive as fuck!

Its bizzare that OCD is the one mental disorder its a okay to bastardize and illegitimize enmasse.

I was diagnosed with it years ago and it seriously fucks my life up so this shit is mildly infuriating

>its another mental illness pissing contest

Just fuck off to r9k will you?

>lmao i hate crooked paintings xD
vs this

I hate that OCD is the meme disorder. Hope you can crush yours user

is fake ocd more annoying than fake celiacs?

>if i throw in acronyms it becomes science

Maybe they're different flavors.

People that mistake being neat or particular for obsessive compulsive thoughts are irritating. Intrusive thoughts are horrible

Did you taper? I didn't have so bad a time coming off venlafaxine

It's a gimmick so fake OCDers can 'arrange' the box 'properly'

It's intentional

Thanks friend, things were a lot better today than when I wrote that, so I'm feeling pretty good. Just can't fucking wait for my insurance to kick in.

Any of you guys tried CBD? It should help with the anxiety part at least.

Colour temperature isn't synaesthesia.

I have, it's great for back and nerve pain, but didn't see any results for anxiety. Kava's easily been the best treatment for severe anxiety attacks that I've tried that isn't pharmaceutical (though it's better than some non-traditional pharma treatments for me). Plus you can drink it in a tea, even though it kinda tastes like shit.

the mind is possible only because of uncertain quantum tunnelling.

And before you ask, yes I do watch rick and morthy.

your face is a hardware issue