QTDDTOT

Why is the Bible rated so high?

Posting these top 100's should be bannable.

It's an important and interesting book(s) with history, poetry, wisdom and stories that have been told and re-told in various forms in almost all countries. It is the cornerstone of almost all of ideas held in "the west" and beyond. Pretty much any book written between AD 500 and 1960 assumes knowledge of its contents.

How is the stranger #13 and way ahead of plato, tolstoy, joyce and shakespeare.
This shit triggers me everytime

Because it's a democratic vote of people's "favorite" book.
More people have read camus than plato

Because a metric shitton of literature alludes to it or is heavily influenced by it

stop posting the outdated chart

Serious question: in this sense, is actually reading it required or the knowledge acquired in churches, prayer groups, etc. enough?

What's the best translation of The Argonautica?

the actual knowledge is important but in terms of actual literary value the bible is really great as well. Read Isaiah in the KJV and listen to the rhythm of the words for example. Ecclesiastes is really good too

This, in my 6 years on this board, the uptick of absolute trash, genre fiction, tv tie-ins, and in-depth discussion of such deep works as Brave New World have always followed these awful fucking charts

leave

Real answer? It was the only literature some groups of people were exposed to for ages. Add to that they treated it as sacred and divine and you can see how its quality can be greatly skewed.

Cool, I'll put it on my list.

Follow-up question: is the KJV the best version to read for purely literally purposes?

>12017
>Still wants it to be 2016 AD.
>When Trump was gonna MAGA.

Not him, but I would. It's a very beautiful text and it can be fun to study.

I learned a lot of new things that I didn't originally pick up on from church activities.

It's a fake chart made by some Discord fags (notice the preponderance of Japanese lit + no vote counts?)

shut up redditor

Do I stand a chance of understanding Shakespeare if I read it outside of high school. I remember in high school the teacher would explain what everything meant. Would I understand it if I just read it on my own?

If you're a native English speaker, it should be easy enough. I recommend the Folger Shakespeare Library series, as every other page is an explanation of key terms, references, and themes on the page before.

Don't believe people who say they understand Shakespeare without at least a little bit of guidance -- Elizabethan England had a very different culture than what you experience in the modern day, and it helps to have a guiding hand.

What's the best order to read Evola?

What's the best order to read Nietzsche?

Nietzsche is best read chronologically (and multiple times as you change your views on him over the years) and with Evola you can start with Revolt and Ride the Tiger to see if you like him and then pretty much cherry-pick from his other works depending on taste.

If you're coming to Evola more for the spiritual and less for the political stuff, maybe check out Guenon's shorter books first. Man and his Becoming is good if you're into that shit. But you'll know pretty quickly if you aren't.

great book from various aspects, literary. historical, cultural, poetic, philosophic

probably the most referenced book in all western cannon, influenced lots and lots of great writers, also part of the 3 big bases of western civilization: greek philosophy, christian morals and roman law

Discordfags are worse than redditfags

Both are better than Veeky Forumsfags, at least they read

I will assume you're into this from a rightwing angle.

For N:
> Beyond Good and Evil
> Human, All Too Human
> The Gay Science OR Thus Spake Zarathustra
> Thus Spake OR TGS
> Birth of Tragedy
> Twilight of the Idols
> Anything else you want

For Evola, if you're just reading his meme trilogy, it is:
> Revolt Against the Modern World
> Ride the Tiger
> Men Among the Ruins

You can read Fascism Viewed from the Right as well for a political viewpoint, and don't forget his works on the Metaphysics of Sex, and Introduction to Magick.

F.am>senpai
???>desu

Just because a book had a lot of influence doesn't mean it should be rated higher than any other book.

That's a shit criteria for a top 100. Might as well add Harry potter and the Quran in your top 10.

It should be #1.

>>>>>

Shut the fuck up you stupid fucking sophist.

A combination of memery and good lit drawing on biblical tropes.

Fuck, I thought Evola's trilogy was
>Revolt Against the Modern World
>Men Among the Ruins
>Ride the Tiger

I was hoping Men Among the Ruins was the second one, because that title appeals to me the most.

But for Nietzsche, I don't really care about how his politics, I just want to learn about his atheistic philosophy.

you should read stirner before either. even though nietzsche may or may not have read him, and evola doesnt like him - he is deeply influenced by him. stirner takes it down to the treads. neetch and evola rebuild. but their projects will make a lot more sense after reading the ego and its own

>great book from various aspects, literary. historical, cultural, poetic, philosophic

>It's an important and interesting book(s) with history, poetry, wisdom and stories

stop picking specific pieces of posts and ignoring the rest of them, of course influence is not the the only reason for it to be high rated, moron

how is that /pol/ based? it is unequivocally the most significant book that humanity has ever produced, regardless of your personal views about it.

Just ignore that guy. /pol/ is half atheist. His post doesn't make sense.

Is there any bell hooks that's worth reading?

What's her most influential book/essay?

>pol is half atheist

wat

There's been polls on /pol/ that hundreds of people have voted in. It usually turns out that half are atheists and half are Christians. Or it may have been like 45% Christian, 45% atheist, and 10% various other things. Either way, there are a good amount of atheists on /pol/.

Are all the 8 main characters in chapter 3 just Stencil in disguise? Even with all their intricate backstories?

What are some good books about the French Revolution?

Should've asked this earlier today, but do you browse Veeky Forums? I swear I've seen your same suggestion for reading Nietzsche on Veeky Forums before.

A Tale of Two Cities is pretty good. You probably read it in high school though

Can i skip the old testament? I'm afraid that if I try to read the bible in its entirety I would give up or get bored.

>les miserables made the list
You can fuck your own shit, retards. The list is flawed and mediocre.

At least read Genesis, Exodus, and Job

No.