Where do you buy your books?

Where do you buy your books?

Estate sales, Used bookstores, Amazon

East Village Book Store on St. Marks and 1st Avenue.

Greatest book store in the world as far as I'm concerned.

Amazon, Wordery, Book Depository

I find Amazons marketplace to be the best place.

Amazon or Bookdepository I don't know any good Library in France who sell cheap used books, and I don't really have the time to find one.

Unfortunately, all the locallly-owned bookstores in my town have died except for one, and it's the size of a shoebox and caters solely to bestsellers that soccer moms read.

So I'm stuck with books-a-million or barnes & noble, which I visit maybe once a year.

In answer to your question, mostly from Amazon...I can find nice, hardbound editions, get two-day shipping, and the price is reasonable. It's not the same as spending hours browsing in a brick & mortar shop, but it serves my needs.

Amazon is literally outcompeting any business I have ever encountered in Seattle or the rest of WA. Even Powell's in Portland, OR doesn't compete.

Most used stores never have what I want, anyway.

bookfinder.com

Internet antiquaries, library sales and the odd carts that sell books.

Unironically Barnes and Noble.

If I can't find it there I order from Amazon

extremely well organised, much better than any other charity bookshop - and always a very well stocked scifi section

Thrift stores. The shit people just unknowingly give away is dumbfounding.

open one. i work at an independent bookstore and if your community can support one, do it.

Look at this cool son of a bitch

>if your community can support one, do it.

Did you miss the part where he mentioned all the used book stores in his town closed?

Amazon. I steal books from Barnes and Noble though. When I'm finished I trade it out for a new book.

Amazon, or Book Depository.

I buy new books because the hassle of ordering used isn't worth it, and Amazon/BD generally have the cheapest prices without having to deal with 3 month $300 shipping. If there were still used book stores here and I could inspect the books I'd probably do that instead.

y would you even buy books,
just borrow from a public library, silly

No one can match Amazon for new books, but I'll usually buy used from thrift books or torrent an ebook

Savers

Dans la bookerie.

Did you start this after reading The Ego and His Own?

I haven't bought a book in a year.
Even though I live in a college town there's only one operating bookstore, and the selection they have is not good. The store itself is tiny and it's 80% filled with Harlequin romance novels.

I used to buy on Amazon but ever since they increased their shipping prince to $5.99 I literally can't afford it.
There's also something really frustrating about routinely paying over 500% the cost of the product on shipping.

And don't tell me to get Prime, since only certain listings are "prime eligible" and on those listings they just defray the cost of the shipping into the cost of the product.

All these books are from Half Price Books. The most expensive one was $10, cheapest was .50 cents. It helps that I live in a big city.

Libraries around me sell books via the honor system. They have a little nook tucked away in the back where you can just grab a book and drop however much money you think it's worth. I once took a copy of History of Beauty and dropped a Lincoln in the tin. They have a lot of textbooks---mostly related to coding---and a shit load of genre fiction stocked, but sometimes they have good stuff.

The area I'm in is far too rich and concerned with technology to even care if you just take a book and leave sans compensation. There are never any cameras in these nooks, so it would be easy to.

Other than that, I buy books at a used bookstore like everybody else here, but only if the library doesn't stock it, or if it's a book that I know I'll spend a lot of time on.

Abebooks and Kaboom Books in Houston. Abebooks if I know what I want and cause I don't like Amazon or Ebay. Kaboom Books if I want to browse and possibly stumble on something fantastic.

I torrent most of them. Thrift stores around me usually just have shitty self-help and stuff like that. The nearest used bookstore is in the city and lacked good stuff. If I buy something, which is rare, I get it from thriftbooks. Sometimes I go to the library.

Second hand bookshops
Book market
Bookshop
Online occasionally but I prefer the hunt

Huh, I'm a charity shop fan and have never seen an amnesty international one.

Bookdepository my big nigger, god I love those cunts. Free shipping to Aus is too good. They're always quick, and one time when the books didn't come it took no fucking time at all before they sent out replacements. They didn't even ask for proof that they didn't arrive...
/advertisement over.

I get my books from the Book Man desu

I think they make a provision in their accounting for books that never arrive, maybe as a percentage of sales. They have no legal obligation to you after they ship the book, but they want happy customers (and repeat business). Sometimes my missing books will show up months later, long after the free replacement arrived.

Amazon and abebooks have literally everything I need. I don't know why people would go to local stores to get watered down selections when you could literally have any edition of any book you want in any condition you want it in.

I want to see her shit in those panties from that angle

Heffers mostly

If i cant find it there i'll knock one off abe, but i dont really like ordering things

It was Amazon but they've lost the same order three times now, so here I am going to used book stores.

>Purchase multiple items at once
>Get free shipping without prime
Wow, really hard stuff.

He said book stores closed, nothing about used book stores.

i've never paid for a book in my life

I found a local bookstore recently, same location since the 70s and I'm going to have to check it out, From the pics their selection is huge and they do book trades and if you want to buy books, $1 a book, this might be my new place to look for books

Amazon for nearly everything, Barnes and Noble for the occasional impulse read, and any of their leatherbound collection books I happen to want

Amazon for Hard Covers and Kobo for e-books.
inb4: He buys e-books

Usually Books A Million, Barnes & Noble, or Amazon. Or I go to my college's library.

I also just discovered there's a library that sells books for very cheap prices (like a dollar or less) near my home. So I'll be going there when I buy the books I need for next years reading.