Help me decide what to read next boys

Help me decide what to read next boys

my diary desu

plato and rousseau are the only things that arent garbage (yes, machiavelli is garbage)

Economic control and quality of manufactured product: Shewhart.

/thread

>Kafka
>Garbage
What are you even doing here?

being an edgelord

Nah the prince is useful for understanding how cut throats government is by necessity.
His best work, however, is the commentary on Livy

>all that vonnegut

MEME MAGIC.

vonnegut more like vonneshit haha

>taking philosophy seriously

i feel like the message of the prince is already burned into the popular conscience

i feel like you know nothing about the popular conscience

All the Kings Men.

Fuck memes

You haven't seen the begging of my vonneguts friend

that hardback ruins the set

So far the only actual suggestion, I thank you friend

Some people understand it instinctively, I think, but for every tiger is a lamb

It is well considered critically and academically, a literary masterpiece, and always appropriate in understanding politics and business.

not everyone partakes of the commons

>Decline of the West
>Not the unabridged version

im really not sure why you thought this made sense

must be because you don't partake of the commons

Prince
Castle
Chronicle
Breakfast of Champions
Social Contract
Catch 22
The Republic
Mother Night
Catcher in the Rye
The Vikings
Look at the Birdie
All the King's Men
All Quiet on the Western Front
Intruder in the Dust
The Viking Spirit

Well, simply based on how much it has been discussed here and I'll start with the prince

I read The Prince at 17 and it changed my life. I felt a deep resonance with a dispassionate comprehension of the management of human groups, groups being viewed in many ways as distinct organisms with distinct characteristics.

I listened to it on audiobook at 19 and it changed my life. I loved the characters and the stories. It introduced me to history a bit more.

I read it at 23 and it changed my life. The dialectic approach and the analytical mindset gave me a format for discussion and comprehension that I found useful, important. The Discourses on Livy, likewise, were an expansion of the form and are an exceptional document. Drawing on historical examples for general lessons in a brilliant way. It's like morality tales from history. He's inspired me again and again over my life.

I will at some point do a thorough rereading of both of Machiavelli's texts again. He grows with me. It's the brain of the man.

His play was dumb. I thought it was marginally funny, and you can clearly see the philosophical points he's digging at through the farces that make up the Comedy. And still it was worth reading.

Ahh, enjoy. Machiavelli's is a mind worth picking.

If you want to be bored and read overrated garbage then I recommend Catch-22. Come back and tell us what page you fell asleep on.

pleb

>Catch 22

agreed