I still miss it Veeky Forums

I still miss it Veeky Forums

Oh man, I remember we used to have Borders threads every day, people would just walk out with armfuls of books without paying and the staff couldn't care less.

Same

Newfaggot here. That sounds like a lot of fun.

I let that Down and Out in Paris and London go ...

Later there wasn't much left I wanted, but I did manage to nick one

>there wasn't much left I wanted
this was borders probem even before they started liquidating, especially if you were into non-fiction

It was a cheap immitation of Barnes and Noble. The K-Mart to their Target. Good riddance.

Back before the internet we used to have to go to Tower Records and Books to get edgy or controversial books and music. My proudest day was when I got my first car and drove to the city and could shop at Tower. My first purchase was a book on growing weed and a graphic novel of Harlan Ellisons Vic and Blood.

Me too user, but I miss Hastings more.

They're all gone! GONE!

This is Amazon's fault!

(But I love Amazon too...)

Sounds like you and your friends are the ones we should blame for this...

*rolls up sleeve; clenches fist*

Borders was comfier though

>Defenders of capitalism.

The one I remember used to be next to a coffee shop. Now it's a liquor store next to a fucking Foot Locker.

i only miss the one in the wtc, the one over by wall street sucked

Yes, I am one. Nice to meet you.

You're aware this very site, and the means by which you access it, as well as the device on which you access it, are all capitalistic enterprises (or their byproducts), I presume?

Therefore, rendering you a hypocrite.

Holy shit, Borders threads used to be a fucking thing?!? I`m not that new really but first I`ve heard of them.
>For my birthday as a kid, for my bday outting I went to this massive Borders and spent like hours in there when it was near closure.
It still miss it.
All I have now is a Waterstones and thats full of fucking normies and hipsters.

You're like a little baby

Try this feel

NO BORDERS FUCK OFF FASCIST

Borders was infinitely better than B&N although I still haven't figured out how to describe why. When I was a kid and Borders was still a thing I would never go to the B&N in my town even though it was way closer.

My parents actually bought one of the shelves from Borders as it was going out of business and I'm hoping I can take it from them when I move into a real house

Same. Still have my members card

>World Wibe Web developed at CERN to allow research scientists to transfer data
>Capitalist

nice dumpster stores

dude, I'm not even an edgy anti-capitalist, in fact I'm pretty conservative, but I'm face-palming at this. You've already gotten 3 posts making fun of you and I can't think of anything particularly witty but lol you are a dumbass.

Oh my God I remember this. My Dad would take me there when I was little

>World Wibe Web developed at CERN
>

And now your consumerist nostalgia means nothing to nobody. That memory is trapped alone in your head and when you die it will go with you

Don't worry, I will always remember this story

oh fuck that picture is pure nostalgia