So I just discovered a nearby grocery carries duck legs, wings, heads, and gizzards...

So I just discovered a nearby grocery carries duck legs, wings, heads, and gizzards, and I wanna try cooking them sometime. Thing is I've never cooked duck before, and I hear it's gamey as fuck if you don't prepare it right.

What's a good way to prepare duck to make it not taste like ass? Can you fry or roast it like chicken, or do you need to do completely different stuff with it?

Other urls found in this thread:

foodnetwork.ca/recipe/confit-de-canard-duck-confit/10297/
youtube.com/watch?v=15ua-qSqHMg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

the best way

foodnetwork.ca/recipe/confit-de-canard-duck-confit/10297/

>heads

I don't imagine there would be much meat on a duck head unless it also came with a sizable portion of the neck.

Huh, are these wild ducks? Otherwise they won't be gamey in my experience. Just ovencook a whole duck like you would a chicken and you already have something that is ten times nicer than chicken, don't need to get this fancy.

typical memerican not knowing shit about shit
go back eating dorito casserole you lowlife shithead

I'm not american. And I've tried confit, it's good, but it's not the only way to duck. The way I prepare it is a bit obscure. But just throw8jg it into an oven will work very nicely for most ducks

>but it's not the only way to duck

lmao you can't even write properly
are you a baby?

here's y advice baby cook put YOURSELF in the oven

I was just being cute, sperglord

At least he can punctuate you dumb fuck.

nice reddit spacing

>lmao
Fuck off back to Facebook you little cunt.

From when I looked, there was plenty of neck on it. But I probably won't be buying the duck heads cause cooking with heads kinda creeps me out.

Not even what reddit spacing means. this is reddit spacing

back to /pol/ with you

And forgot to reply to this, but I don't know if it's wild duck or not. I'm assuming they're farm raised but I can't be sure

>2017
>still unable to recognise Reddit spacing
Lurk Moar

>2017
>not knowing "reddit spacing" was on Veeky Forums before reddit even existed
Lurk more, newfaggot.

I've had plenty of both farmed and wild ducks and I didn't find either to be very gamey. The Farmed ones not at all.

Whatever you do, and simply grilling or roasting them works nicely, save the fat for potatoes. Duckfat is one of the most amazing things.

Idiot.

>I've had plenty of both farmed and wild ducks and I didn't find either to be very gamey. The Farmed ones not at all.
Ive had gamey duck, but it was an old as fuck wild duck. But yeah, dunno why op thinks duck is very gamey

Alright, cool. What could I do with the fat? Guessing just fry shit in it.

Never had duck before. I've only had people tell me about it, and they tell me it's gamey if it's cooked shitty.

duck isnt gamey unless it's a wild duck.

duck is versatile so pick a way of cooking that you're comfortable with.

youtube.com/watch?v=15ua-qSqHMg

>Alright, cool. What could I do with the fat? Guessing just fry shit in it.
You can do a lot with duck fat. Sauces, frying, or even duck confit

>duck stock, which nobody has
I have duck stock, get fucked john

How is this at all viable for a homecook cooking duck for the first time? Tard