*a pinch of cayenne*

I heard you guys love a bit of Chef John
What are your favourites of his?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ukJivXwaMcU
youtube.com/watch?v=y-9hNSZWmZI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

anything involving marinating and grilling meat. whenever I try those recipes myself they're always a huge hit with the family. but even if I don't cook every dish, I just love watching his videos anyway

Not sure what it is, but I can't stand the way he speaks. Almost seems to put inflection and emphasis on words at random.

He did it a little in the older videos and people liked it as a shtick so he kept it up. He think he is being a comedian.

I feel the same way and also hate his lame attempts at jokes. he's unwatchable in my opinion

i just noticed this dude has over 1300 vids.

Steak pauline was nice. Also leak soup
Substitute with CookingInRussia if you have chef john allergies

The genovese meat sauce was fucking amazing. Roommate said it tasted like grandma's cooking and doused it in Frank's the degenerate.

>CookingInRussia
I'll have to check them out. Thanks.

That looks amazing. But any idea what I can substitute chuck steak with? No fucking idea what that is in danish, or if it's even a cut here

The Easter Hamlets. Hands down.
youtube.com/watch?v=ukJivXwaMcU

Chuck is the shoulder. Use whatever's sold for stewing in your country. Maybe... Tyndbov?

Would beef shank work?

Fuck off, chef, you are not getting any compliments

I did his paper pork and it was good. But his south carolina bbq sauce had way too much apple cider vinegar

Sure, but something from the chuck primal is probably sitting right next to it for half the price. There's a lot more shoulder on a steer than shin.

Just look for a big complicated wad of cow with a piece of shoulder blade in it. That's chuck.

Here in 'murca you can also buy "stew meat" cubed up by the butcher. That's usually chuck.

fuck donald trump and fuck white people

you are the theodor geisel of you "all republicans are evil"

Leave that shit out of this thread.

Chef Jon got me into cooking. It was from him I learned the standard procedure for stewing and braising.

Here's one off the top of my head
youtube.com/watch?v=y-9hNSZWmZI

Yeah, I love John but I had to unfollow him on Twitter because it's like 90% bitching about Trump.
Him being politically retarded does not make him any worse of a cook, though, so I just shrug it off like any adult would. You should try it.

>what are your favorites of his

am i not allowed to share my favorites, then? i just love the way he completely eviscerates drumpf in only 140 characters! i mean seriously, how could you not like such a talented and experienced chef who also dishes out blisteringly savage political takedowns on twitter????

I'm convinced my dad faked his own death and became a food blogger. And also got younger somehow.

>I had to unfollow him on Twitter
>so I just shrug it off like any adult would. You should try it.
wat

user doesn't let his political opinions get in the way of enjoying his work, he just doesn't want to hear them

these people are not good for spending time with. they're boring faggots and not very smart. avoid them. don't be friendly with them.

DROPPED

literally just unsubscribed. will never see or hear him again in my life.

Well, he should have left his shit in his head instead of putting it on Twitter. He labeled HIMSELF and now he gets to take responsibility for it.

that's right, freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom from consequences does it

:^)

(^:

(^:

(^:

(^:

That means atleast 3000 different food puns.

You are the suffering one of my terrible puns

>He doesn't like the jokes.
What the fuck is wrong with you? It's jolly grandpa-tier humor.
It's wonderful.

yeah, at first I hated him for his voice. but a lot of the times when I was looking for a recipe he had a video about it so slowly I got used to it.

I think his channel is great for stepping up your everyday dinners and learning some classics.

he taught me that chicken stock in everything is the way to go

/pol/fags are fucking babies.

His Korean fried chicken was nice, as was the flat bread, and his beer chili, and his chicken one, and his peanut curry, and his bulgogi beef.

Thinking back on it I can't remember trying anything of his that I didn't like.

I want to try the baked custard he did the other week. Just haven't got a muffin tin

Yeah, unfollowing people on twitter... what a child!

he's from california. of course he would have shit political taste

doesn't mean he doesn't have great taste in food. made his apple roses out of some of the 50 apples i picked. was pretty good