One of the worst things I've ever heard

i literally am gagging

listen to this shit, the sample here:

audible.com/pd/Religion-Spirituality/Milk-and-Honey-Audiobook/B01K7YRP10?qid=1496514823&sr=1-14

Other urls found in this thread:

poetryfoundation.org/poetrymagazine/poems/detail/92681
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

wow i have
never heard
of this
before
what a
great thread

Why do you people insist on posting shit you hate every day?
It's like the /pol/-retards and frogfaggots who go out of their way to search through social media to find something to screenshot and post on Veeky Forums.

Create threads about literature you actually enjoy and which moves you, instead of 'this triggers me, please agree with me!'-circlejerkery faggotry.

I'm new here, sorry

I was just viscerally shocked listening to it, how did it become a bestseller?

Show us a contemporary poet you like instead. Put your non-scoffing opinion out there. Watch me do it.

I like Sumita Chakraborty's Dear, Beloved a lot.
poetryfoundation.org/poetrymagazine/poems/detail/92681

t nu male
I'm very new to poetry and far from

Anne Carson is brilliant

the same way amy schumer's book did and how superhero movies make the most revenue

instagram

What I really want is postmodern poetry - like modernist but with a sort of post 00s bent. i don't know much stuff like that, with a sense of humor. But also technological and science-fiction, and artful.

I am a poet myself but I don't really enjoy older poetry

IDK, nothing I say is going well

CK Williams

>CK Williams
thanks I'll check it out. any recommendations are highly appreciated.

>Anne Carson
Imma read The Glass Essay soon thanks user.

Gregory Frasier's Strange Pieta is a p cool book if you like southern poets.

Sam Riviere. Dude is brilliant except this one line he has that is so fucking out-of-place. It's in this poem called "4 letters for sophie" and it's a love poem and smack dab in the middle of it is the line "my dick is a blank document". ruined a good poem.

Was leafing through this at the bookshop yesterday. I thought it was pretty good, but I'm not paying £10 for a book I'm gonna read in an hour.

So what propels a work like this onto all the best-seller lists? I'm sincerely curious, why did this in particular explode?

Luck.

viral marketing on social media like this thread

>I am a poet myself but I don't really enjoy older poetry

negro what?

Her poetry was popular on the internet before it was published into a book. It's the only example of this happening but people (poetry newfags) are treating it like it's indicative of some trend in poetry.

Yeah you can get the appeal. She's young though and it shows with how she approaches poetry. I wrote absolute shit when I was 24.

>poetry
>in audio books

I'm gonna say this as someone who literally every fucking day listens to several hours of audiobooks between doing shit.

Why. The FUCK. Would you EVER listen to poetry in audiobook format?
It's not fucking Dante's Inferno here for fucks sake what the hell?

Some poetry like Rupi's is well-suited to a reading. Some is slam-ish and others mimic natural speaking patterns.

Oh its this thread again. Yay. Im so glad we have it everyday!

Worst kind of post. Something so disgusting about the cadence and use of incredulous reaction image. Hate it every time I see it. People who like Scott Pilgrim are niggers.

*infects you with treatment-resistant lice*