Faulkner

Can we all at least agree that faulkner has been eternally BTFO?

>I actively seek out shit to get outraged about, screenshot, and post to Veeky Forums to get people to pat me on my back

>find copy of AILD on my way home
>Recognize the name Faulkner, but never read any of his work.
>Go online and look up the book as prelim research for my reading
>find some inane comment, have a chuckle, and decide to share it for keks

You were way off.

>not knowing Faulkner
>screenshotting and uploading a picture of a review for attention
>saying "eternally BTFO" and "keks"

woahhh guys, look at mr positivity over here on Veeky Forums
hes got life figured out guys

>not understanding that OP doesn't endorse the views of the review he posted, but rather came across it while pursuing a vague interest in Faulkner, and shared it with us because it so fully embodies a personality type that is near universally despised here to the point that most people on Veeky Forums would be incredulous that this caricature actually exists in the world.
>Thinking that people post on anonymous message boards for attention rather than a vague altruistic impulse to share something entirely germane to the interests and culture of like-minded people
>Needing to virtue signal this hard, placing yourself in such stark opposition to "attention seekers" that you paradoxically become one.
kys

t. edgeking

op was clearly going for a laff. maybe not a funny one but you'd have to be retarded not to see that this was the motive here.

>woman can't understand good literature
nothing new here

I hate how plebs air quote "cultured" "cool" "intelligent" so much.

AILD is a great book, and not even that difficult to understand. Sounds like that reviewer didn't even attempt to think about what she was reading.

as i lay dying is a better band than a book

>not even that difficult to understand
Wow you must be a genius. 15 different alternating narrators speaking in southern redneck dialect was confusing in my experience.

I haven't seen anyone get thoroughly dismantled this hard in a long time. I had to read that post twice. Fuck yeah.

If you feel the need to "thoroughly dismantle" Veeky Forums posts then you've already lost.
The guy you quoted is fighting shadows.

Why are you even replying to my post?

You've already lost.

>If you feel the need to "thoroughly dismantle" Veeky Forums posts then you've already lost.

lol? it was a single post, not 10. that was fine.

>The guy you quoted is fighting shadows.

implying you aren't that "shadow". kek.

My post demonstrates the difference between shadow boxing and Schattenspiel
Don't try to come at me dude I'm like 9000 levels above you already.

>They never learn

See what I mean?
He's not even sentient. He's barking at his shadow self.

>forces quirkiness to play off his tism moment

cringe

im stil a shadow

>existential insight
>autism

Back to your bestial engorgements

>cringe
>implying that social shaming tactics can still work on me

I'm not 7 anymore step it up man

Get her to post here.

im not even trying im just reacting

Damage control

>that kid who actually tries to use pseudo-spiritual ramblings when he is bored and wants to bant

Legit fuckin tism you are pseud as shit.

Same desu.
Do you want to date?

>he thinks any given abstract thought is a grasp at spirituality

go back

not if you were the last user on earth

We're similar though.

>posting awkward tentative banalities, making sure he picks just the right amount of words to keep it vague enough so as not to indict himself as an over-reaching idiot

You are gonna be so glad when you finally get over this try hard pseud shit.

goodreads reviews are great for classic books

always some 30 y/o woman ranting about how they can't understand it so it's the worst book ever

>garbage metalcore is better than one of the greatest novels of the 20th century