What was the first chapter book you loved as a kid?

What was the first chapter book you loved as a kid?

Pic related. Obviously House On The Cliff was the best Hardy Boys book ever, considering how mediocre The Tower Treasure was.

Dubliners

Was this the copy you read? I always fell in love with books because of how the older copies looked. Pic related, this is how I picture Veeky Forums too.

That was before The Hardy Boys but after Tom Swift and The Rover Boys, right?

Wonderful artwork. What is it? Is it a picture book or a chapter book?

We had the school library where we had the matte blue books and the shiny flashlight blue books. They were extremely popular so you always had a waiting list on which hardy boys books to read. Luckily I discovered them in third grade when I moved to that school after the other boys had read most of them, so I was able to read the earlier books since the other boys were on the later ones.

I always preferred the matte blue books, not the flashlight shiny books.

gary paulsen is the best childrens book author

I loved Hatchet as a kid. I remember hating one of the sequels and liking another one.

If I'm not mistaken that picture is from the little golden book giant (or golden treasury book?) Caroline and her Friends, which I absolutely loved as a child, and which was priced through the roof on ABE and other used sources about 5 years ago. Not op of image.

There aren't enough people named Fenton nowadays

Redwall, A Clockwork Orange, Ender's Game and RA Salvatore novels

25 years later they have not aged well

i remember i was into the series of unfortunate events. only read one hardy boys and i dont remember it being very good.

I just read it to my 6 year old, she was mesmerized.

Reading Island of Blue Dolphins now, not as well received.

What is a chapter book?

I don't remember. It had a red cover. The first one I can remember was that series about the detective girl who had the photographic memory.

Cam Jansen

The Phantom Tollbooth.

>chapter book
what did he mean by this

This. I found it in my dad's library when I was 6 or something. I read it front to back a dozen times, and it's influenced how and what I read, almost exclusively.

Same experience with a different book-- Cameron's Court of the Stone Children at 10.

alot of enid blytons stuff, faraway tree, whishing chair ect.

20,000 Leagues under the Sea
Or
The Golden Compass

for sure?