If I only eat fruits and vegetables for a year will I lose weight?

If I only eat fruits and vegetables for a year will I lose weight?
I stopped eating snacks, fast food or soda drinks but I'm still a fat fuck you can't afford the gym.

stop eating sugar and wheat and carbs, you will lose the weight fast

Go for a walk you chunky monkey. So what if you can't afford a gym membership? You know what you're gonna be doing in the gym? Picking things up and putting them down. You can do that in the comfort of your own home FOR FREE.

As to an actual answer to your question. Short answer is no. Long answer: You need to keep track of how many calories you're both eating and spending through the day. Make sure you're getting all your vitamins and minerals you need (multivitamins can help but don't overdo it, vitamin poisoning is a thing). Once you get all that, just adjust your diet so that you're eating less calories than you're expending, your body will make up the difference by breaking down your body fat.

tl;dr go to Veeky Forums and read the fucking sticky.

Yes.

As a vegan unless you gorge on nuts, avocado, potatos, pastas and sauces you will generally have trouble being overweight.

Just make sure you get your b12 bro. Chuck in spirulina to your diet and youre good to go

>As a vegan
do you have trouble breathing?
what with being malnourished and everything

Fuck off with your pseudo-dietary bullshit. Carbs are the bodies preferred source of energy and fat is more calorie dense in any case.
Calories in V Calories out.
It’s that simple.

>Calories in V Calories out.
thats where youre wrong fedora boy

>the laws of thermodynamics don’t apply to me
Retard.

No. I didnt say i was a vegan moron.

In2 reading comprehension

Stick to eating some meat, some fruit, and a ton of green vegetables without high calorie condiments. No grains or sugar.

What is genetics

*are genetics
If you consume less calories than you use you will lose weight.
Genetics have no effect on calorific surplus or deficit.

Holy shit, you're retarded!

And nobody's telling you to eat a slab of butter each meal with that either. As you said, Calories in and Calories out - you tend to want to eat a lot less grease than you would with grain, due to exactly what you said: Carbs being the body's preferred source of energy. You crave carbs and the like because they are good source of energy. Too good.

What people asked is for you to cut back down on carb and calories in general. You don't have to make it complicated familia.

Humans are complex biochemical machines with a number of hormonal and microbial control mechanisms. Although calories in/calories out is generally true, the source of those calories does make a difference to different people, since we do not all have the same hormones and gut flora. Some people really do better eating fewer carbohydrates.

Hey, OP,

I've lost over 17 kilos. 9 more to go.

Current weight was 86. Now 69kgs. Height 5'9"

Calculate your calories. Google it. Select "sedimentary" and see what's your daily required calories to do everyday work.
Subtract 500 from it and that's how much you should eat to lose 1lb every week.

To burn 1lb of fat you need 3500calories. So, 500*7=3500

Calorie in

>sedimentary
almost chuckled

Sedentary**

>Although calories in/calories out is generally true
It’s not generally true, it’s always true.
Now fuck off with your lazy, ignorant dietary advice.

A calorie is a calorie regardless of source.
Your logic is proof that fat people are lazy and they ignorant.

This is really only true in people who have an issue digesting certain food - and at that point, they have actual medical reasons to avoid them. I am not talking about gluten allergy that everyone and their mother seems to have somehow, more in line of "I eat this food and then I poop out half-digested version of it".

Otherwise, your body's terribly efficient in digesting food you consumed. You know, like how natural selection would weed out those with poorer ability to digest food - they become smaller, more sickly, and gets less bang for their buck at all times, which is a clear evolutionary disadvantage.

Or if you don't believe in evolution, uhh... I don't know. God wills it or something that the weak return to his embrace earlier?

If you had the discipline to do that, you wouldn't be fat in the first place. It's simpler and likely more effective to just count your calories.

It's gonna fucking blow. Good luck.

To add to this: Like, for the longest time when I eat a lot of grain, they would cause gas in my gut, and sometimes I just don't digest those food properly. Theoretically, I wasn't getting as much calories as I should be from those grain, as they weren't always getting fully digested.

For completely unrelated reason, I went and did a colonoscopy in hospital. Turns out flushing my gut in preparation for the examination fixed a lot of issues and I mostly digest grain just fine. This more efficient digestion didn't actually make me fatter - for a while, due to the scare I watched my diet a bit so that I don't like, shit blood or something.

At the end of the day, the /biggest/ contributor is still going to be your diet and your exercise. Genetics, conditions etc DO play a part, but nothing so significant. Those thin people who keep saying "Oh I don't do anything" also tend to both eat less and be more active, whether they realize it or not. Or have crippling condition in relation to their digestion.

Sorry about blogging and repeating information from google.

>what is ketosis

also your body isn't a math-task.
if you eat 2000 cal of shit you will still look like shit.

Yes op. Severe malnutrition tends to do that

>what is ketosis
A diet which ultimately promotes weight loss by creating a calorific deficit.

This is actually true. A lot of people go "Oh but your body goes into ketosis and digests things that make you fat first!". Look, one of the biggest thing that keto diet make you do is to eat as little carb as possible, which is the primary reason of why people are fat. Rarely are people actually fat from eating veggies and meat, and a fuckton of people are fat from eating too much snacks. A lot of snacks and carb-heavy food are not allowed in keto diet.

I can't give any experience on whether ketosis work or not base on studies because it's not my field, but the diet itself ultimately cuts back on calories because people are dumb and can't think before putting food in their own mouth.

>what is ketosis

Something retards who love the smell of their own assholes do

smell of their own acetone*

I fucking hate that smell on my breath, not to mention the way my piss smells.

>A diet which ultimately promotes weight loss by creating a calorific deficit.

Yes and no.
Low insulin-release and the bodies capability to switch it's primary energy-source to ketonbodies instead of carbohydrates have also a bit to do with it because bio-chemical processes aren't just a meme you know?
Also it doesn't interfere with the law of thermodynamics at all, so stop oversimplifying shit.

Calorie counting is exceedingly tedious and easy to give up on. It's just easier to fill up on vegetables and water to prevent yourself from eating too much.

You're gonna end up being a fat fuck again so don't even bother trying. I've seen so many people fail losing weight throughout my life because they went on some stupid fad diet which might indeed make you lose weight but then they return to their normal eating habits and regain any lost weight. If you want to lose weight then you have to make permanent changes that are viable for the rest of your life such as eating less and/or exercising more.

This
I went two sizes down when I started walking to uni, instead of using public transport.

OP here, thanks for all the tips guys. I'll try to do as much exercise as possible everyday and eat less grains, fats and calories.

We tip with a rip.

No shit, you have to burn more calories than you gain to stay in shape.

its easier to lose weight if you cut empty calories and simple carbs though.
A diet of lean means, vegetables and salad is a lot less calorie dense than pastas, breads etc

lifehack: there's a place called the outdoors where you can exercise for free

Don't listen to all these people memeing about "free" exercise, OP.
You need to get to a gym in order to truly optimize physical benefits.

You'll lose weight if you eat fewer calories than you burn. That's all it comes down to.

I partially agree with this if you don't have a routine or proper equipment. But it doesn't hurt to do a few pushups at work right before lunch.

>If I only eat fruits and vegetables for a year will I lose weight?
Depends on how much fruit and vegetables you eat.

This.

>You need to get to a gym in order to truly optimize physical benefits.

Sure. But you can lose weight and get stronger without "optimization". Just because another method is not optimal doesn't mean it doesn't work.

Your comment is about as stupid as saying: well, if you can't eat at Noma you might as well not eat at all. Or if you can't afford a Ferrari you might as well not drive a car.

I have this issue too, and I am on a pescatarian diet with fish maybe 3 times a week. I have a 1000 calorie deficit according to the Veeky Forums calculator but still can't lose the weight. In fact, I have gained weight.

Currently trying a new method, where I just skip all meals except dinner and take in no more than 600 calories a day. No fish, no meat, and just veggies and beans.

You're either cheating on your diet or you're doing a bad job at counting calories. Are you measuring your portions using an actual scale, or are you winging it? Most people are very bad at estimating weight and volume.

Seeing how vegetables are very low calorie, I tend not to count those. I use them as filler. Beans are high in calories, so I use far less and measure out maybe 100g. Altogether, the average calories is maybe 500 maximum. I have two meals a day.

>Altogether, the average calories is maybe 500 maximum
That's obviously impossible given that you are not losing weight.

Get a scale. Weigh EVERYTHING you consume. No exceptions.

Meh, fine.

And don't forget calories in drinks

Water has no calories.

Best shape I've ever been in was extremely carb light (maybe one serving a week) and sugar free.

There are a hell of a lot of people with type 2 diabetes, which is a genetic predisposition triggered by refined carbohydrate consumption, which causes insulin overproduction and insulin resistance. This in turn, causes even greater insulin production, making the body extremely efficient at storing carbohydrate calories as body fat. Low GI carbohydrates do not do this to those people. A calorie isn't always a calorie, dude. That is a disease of global epidemic proportions. And yes, thin people also get type 2 diabetes. Is it evolution's or God's will for them to all die because humanity now makes a shit ton of processed refined carbohydrate junk food and dummies tell them it's just a matter of calories in calories out? Come on. Pull your head out of your ass.

bacon eggs an vitamins and walking

100% you will lose fast as fuck

You're not taking into account how long various sources of calories will keep you from feeling hungry. It is calories in calories out, but not all calories are equal where satiety is concerned

It's true that fat has more calories per gram, but it's more satiating, but it doesn't spike your blood sugar and you'll feel satisfied for longer than if you had eaten carbohydrates. So it's easier to maintain a caloric deficit over a long period of time when eating more fat than carbs.

You would lose weight fast if you could manage to eat nothing but fruits and vegetables and zero processed food yes.

Energy in. Energy out. Start yourself on a low carb AND low calorie diet full of veggies. Go easy on the fruit and limit yourself to one a day. The sugar is a motherfucker. I suggest an apple. Then you have to move. People say that losing weight is 90% diet. I don't necessarily disagree but if you were to move more you'll get your metabolism up and lose the weigh a lot fast. Lastly, make peace with going to bed hungry. Try not to eat after dark if you can.

>Try not to eat after dark if you can.
This is good advice. Whenever I've had my last food early in the evening, before 7 or 8pm, I usually wake up feeling much better. Unfortunately I forget often and end up eating late a lot.

I agree it's hard. I'm a champion midnight snacker. I get super creative.

lmao

>OP here, thanks for all the tips guys. I'll try to do as much exercise as possible everyday and eat less grains, fats and calories.

Eating fewer calories is 100% of what matters. If you mess this up nothing can save you.

eating less grains and fats may help you get less calories, but they're a means to the end and not a replacement for counting calories.

Exercise is good but it wont make you lose weight if you fuck up your calories. At the most it will keep your metabolism up and help motivate you to not eat.

All that means is you may lose weight faster than you expect if you can’t get the full caloric value out of the food you eat. Having a super powered metabolism doesn’t magically increase the calories you consume.

I understand calories in/calories out works for many people. But if you are older and/or already in pre-diabetes phase, then you will have a hard time losing that stored fat. The caloric restriction will just make you hungry as fuck all the time, your body will not use your stored fat as energy because it is used to a carb superhighway going down your gullet and into your bloodstream. At some point you will break down and have a cheat meal...or two...or for the whole weekend. There are other factors that can overwhelm a person's willpower. So I would say:
> find out if you are allergic to any specific foods so you can avoid them.
> cut out most carbs and all sugar, you can do this in steps by eliminating/replacing certain foods in your normal diet
> eat a normal amount of calories per day

The allergy stuff is important I think. I found out recently I was allergic to wheat and all dairy (plus some other stuff). I suspected the wheat, but had no idea about the dairy. I quit both and feel much better, and lost 2 inches on my waist in just a few weeks, probably due to no longer having intestinal bloating caused by internal allergic reactions.

Eventually wouldn't even the pre diabetic body have no choice but to eat fat?

Just stay away from those types of food then retard

not sure how that works, but there is definitely a problem to lose fat normally for people who have been eating a high carb/sugar junkfood diet for many years. I had that issue and found fasting for (almost) 2 days helped to reset my cravings. I think a short fast is a good way to start a new diet.

Genetics effect where the fat is stored, typically not how much of it is stored, except in the case of endocrinal diseases, which you would definitely know if you had. Gender effects your daily caloric needs far moreso than genetics.
t. geneticist