Hey Veeky Forums, how do I know that I'm actually alive? Sometimes I think I may not be

Hey Veeky Forums, how do I know that I'm actually alive? Sometimes I think I may not be.

Any books that will clear this up for me?

Being and Time

:)

this. it's a very hard read and it's gonna take you a long time to understand , but it's worth it

i'm not too eager to learn german

Unironically Wittgenstein's Tractatus
You are just confused by misunderstanding language.

Blindsight.
You might not like the answer.

wut

>how do I know that I'm actually alive? Sometimes I think I may not be.

another 12 year old breaks cover

Literally any book. Think about it. Can you recite the plot of a book you haven't read? No? This proves that you're not the only senpai alive. It also proves that you are alice because you have to do something to aquire knowledge instead of it being handy to you because you're not real or whatever. Hope I helped.

fucking epic thread /b/ros

I fucking love this deep philosophical shit man

lets smoke a blunt and look at the stars dude

why are you here?

the sad thing is that there are people on this board who unironically think this sort of shit actually is deep and meaningful and it is what philosophy actually is and think they are smart for thinking it

woo dude that's another really deep question ya know

No, I mean, why are on Veeky Forums being an obnoxious fucking dipshit?

t. 16 year old

stop being such a special fucking snowflake
this is Veeky Forums ya know

to laugh at you and let you know you're a retard

That is what philosophy actually is you pretentious prick. Just because the field has become so advanced and thought through, with terms like nihilism, existentialism, absurdism, etc, doesnt mean the basic questions dont have merit.
The question OP was asking is the same line of thought that Descartes was on when he decided "I think therefore i am"
Thats definitely philosophy my friend.
I agree the whole "smoke a blunt and look at the stars" is a bit juvenile, but the greeks started with basic shit before there was formal philosophy. Maybe anaxamander was smoking a blunt looking at the stars when he had his thoughts
what youre saying is similar to saying algebra isnt math because we have calculus now.
Stop trying to make youself feel superior because you know more about this shit

t. wikipedia scholar

this isn't /b/.

t. wannabe janitor
fuck off discussion cuck this board is for memes and I'm a hardworking memester. I got three drafts of Pynchon copypastas to my name what have you contributed besides r/showerthoughts tier threads?

How mad are you?