Most autistic self-help books

My brother became NEET three years ago and has become a massive autist thanks to self-help books.

What is the most autistic self-help book or which book causes the most autstic behaviour?

My bet's on pic related.

>inb4 the bible

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wljRiAofFJ8
goodreads.com/list/show/97774.Scott_Adams_Persuasion_Reading_List
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I keep meaning to read this all the way through to fix myself. But I am so authentic that when people ask me how I am I just say fine and then I can't physically bring myself to ask them "how are you" because I don't care. Even though I see others do it and I think it's the social convention.

I dont know OP but i think this guy could write it

You'll only gain self-centered people who only want to talk about themselves. They will have zero interest in you as a person and more of a free-therapist. The book also describes how you can "use" friends to your advantage.

I get that some people say the book made them less shy but damn this isn't the way to "win friends".

I find that 19th century victorian novels improved my social anxiety and behavior a great deal. I have made as many of my interactions highly formalized, with plenty of pleasantries and sympathies, and questions about others. It has given me a buffer and also I think improves others opinion of me.

>authentic

autocorrect fail, i meant autistic

Good, now start wearing the frilly dresses.

Also Tucker Max. They're used as "self-help" in certain spaces so that's why I include them.

Self help books don't cause autism. Autistic people that read self help books don't have the empathy, emotional quotient, or awareness to properly apply anything in a self help book. So it becomes a bastardized form of what it was supposed to be.

Well said.

What self-help book recommends becoming an autistic NEET? I want to buy it for my enemies.

it was written in the 50s though.
but it's true that all self-help social skills books can only fuck you up.

I've been reading it since you've posted it and I'm disgusted by the selfish nature of the book. This really brings the SELF in selfhelp.

People actually apply this shit.

You can generally tell when someone's a self-help reader though. Their eyes have this emptiness to them and it's almost as if they're a robot just acting things out.

>life has improved substantially since I started reading self help books
>see this thread

Man, what's the problem with self-help? If it helps me fulfill my goals, what's wrong?

Nothing. It's just some bitter autismos beyond all help venting through impotent contrarian rage on the internet.

it fucks up your ability to socialize like a normal person because you learn how to socialize by socializing.
don't lie to yourself at best you're a functional autist.

I don't think self-help books are all bad. The way I see it, in the old days, you would seek out the help of a wiseman or other dispenser of advice, and some (maybe most) of them would be crappy but occasionally you could find a good one. It's like that with self help books.

>it fucks up your ability to socialize like a normal person because you learn how to socialize by socializing.
I don't read self-help for social advice though, I mostly read books about being an efficient worker, learner, and planner.

>muh goals

You're a self-help reader, all right.

What's wrong with thinking about and working towards your goals? Everyone has goals, so it makes sense to actually make a long-term plan to reach them instead of just wasting time floundering about. Surely you can see the benefit in being more efficient, if only so you can have more leisure time.

That's alright, thread was referring more to those types of books though.

Any good self help meme on manipulating people? I want to be q better con man.

How to Win Friends and Influence People, for one.

I keep having to tell you newfriend mongoloids in various ways... It's bad form for OP to inb4.

I think authentic is a legitimate way of phrasing it.

>i'm autistic therefore everyone is autistic
>inb4 where do you think you are

Everyone should read an introduction to interpersonal communication theory textbook. It just takes the magic away from talking to people. It's like a self help book but people have done studies to prove the shit they ramble about.

Any recommendations?

>interpersonal communication theory
Sounds like even more of a retarded waste of time than philosophy.

Yea you're right but our relationships these days are about using each other and friendships are built on bullshit

i didn't say everyone was autistic, your greentext sums up what your state of mind is though.

I like to call the 48 rules of power, the passive aggressive hand book; though, all in all, it's a great book. To be honest, I believe more people need to read it; especially those in power.

I don't, just go read one, it doesn't matter
I like to call it "How to be an asshole." The audio book is hilarious because the dude reading it does spooky and evil voices when telling the story examples.

Yeah that was one of the better audibility performances I've listened to. Not sure how useful the advice is, though.

I've been reading some books like this to help me learn how to be an effective beggar when I eventually become homeless. So far the best approach I've worked out is instead of just asking people money, ask them first if they're a helpful person. If they say yes and you follow that up by asking for money it kind of traps them. Consistency if important to people. Even if they realize what you're doing they're still likely to give you money just to avoid contradicting themselves.

The advice is top notch; don't let these degenerates tell you that you'll transform into an asshole.

But the author is literally a fedora.
It's like following a get rich guide from someone poor.

I'm just not sure if all the advice would work for my career path. It seems to have been written primarily for men in business, law, or other such careers. Not saying none of it is generalizable but for example the advice about not looking like you're working too hard would probably not be good for a PhD student working in a lab.

I'm not the biggest fan of Robert Greene either, but, the book is really good; if you know how to use the laws properly, that is.

You can find a way to use all of the laws; they just won't be as extrodinary, or as assertive, as you would think.

youtube.com/watch?v=wljRiAofFJ8

>unironically watching TED talks

p s e u d
s
e
u
d

Not even shitposting.

It's not about the goals, it's about learning along the way. That should be the goal. The goals people set are always fague to begin with.
"I want to be more social so I'll read this book about socializing."

Just get out and socialize and fail a bunch of times and learn from your own mistakes, not someone else's.

She makes a lot of good points, jeez just watch it.

That's gay. I'm open to learning but seriously if I'm only going to live once I definitely am not going to risk not accomplishing my career goals.

Hello wagecuck my old friend

>wagecuck

Nigga, it's not about wages. My family owns a property that I could rent out and live off for life if I wanted to. I choose to work because I love my field.

>I'm not a cuck because I have to be; I'm a cuck because I want to be
Ok

So if I were to drop out of my field and live at home, suddenly I would become not a cuck? How does that work? How would quitting make me a better person?

why so?

Goals are artificial impositions of deprivation.

spooky

Making something of yourself even even though, or especially since it means helping others on the way and choose not to be a leech on society makes you a cuck?

Go back to imgur.

Pretty much anything by Robert Cialdini.

Besides writing Dilbert, Scott Adams also studies hypnosis and persuasion. Here's his suggested reading list: goodreads.com/list/show/97774.Scott_Adams_Persuasion_Reading_List