Bohemianism

we have our little community here, in cyberspace, and that's cool. but if you're anything like me, you don't really know many people who read and write in real life, or if they do it's mostly academic.

i know it's probably just a lot of romanticized shit, but left-bank paris when all those authors were there seems like a pretty cool spot to be, even if it wasn't all that it was cracked up to be. i say we pick a city and all move there and live the romantic life on the dole as down and out bohemians.

my vote would be for mexico city, but i'm open to suggestion.

>willfully abandoning your home country, therefore negating your patriotism
Not patrician at all senpai
You're all a bunch of pseuds anyway, there's nearly nothing to gain from meeting faggots like you irl

unsubscribe

Baltimore's pretty chill

Oklahoma City is the obvious choice

St Petersburg

As in nothing ever happens here? I'd agree with that. Thank good I'm leaving in a few months.

im already in dc so itd be close

yoo i like this idea

Hengelo, The Netherlands makes a great place to live for any aspiring writer. I promise.

yo what is good with delft? i visited once and it seemed mad cozy. does everyone in the netherlands like nescio

Hengelo > Delft but still good. Lots of smart people live there I guess. The only person that I know that has even read Nescio is my brother. We both like it. All my other friends read scandinavian crime thrillers.

DC is infinitely better than Baltimore, especially for a writer.

German user here. I am currently trying to improve my prose and I feel like I have to get out of my place to really be able to do so. If you can offer a couch to crash on for a week or so I'll come by and we can read and write together a bit. 100% srs

!!!! let's do it! Oklafag here

Barely anyone has even heard of Nescio. Most people know Mulisch and Hendriks, but that's where their literary knowledge ends.

damn i thought he was more famous. wish he had written more

if you can get to washington, youre welcome to crash at my spot

isnt tulsa more Veeky Forums? saying that based solely on rumblefish

if getting to the US wasnt such a goddamn pain in the ass I would take you up on that offer in a heartbeat...

Probably some shitty City like Sarajevo.

what makes it a pain? most us-origin flights to europe ive taken go through frankfurt. or its just expensive?

It is rather expensive, yes. Apart from that Europeans also have to apply for a short-term Visa to visit, I think. Last time I did that it was quite the hassle. To be honest the price of a flight is a problem in and of itself already, as I am a student.

Most patrician city this side of Panama.

None of us want to say it, but New York is the obvious answer.

Ya right like I want to meet a bunch of stinky NIGGERS

yeah totally dude, we can bounce ideas off of jonathan franzen and rachel cusk, good call. ill work as a waiter at a tapas restaurant. new york is perfect, because its a middlebrow yuppie disneyworld filled with people who listen to npr podcasts. perfect.

This. I could actually see a bohemian lifestyle circlejerk like OP wants happening at any number of pretentious sidewalk cafes in DC. Trouble is living there among whites is expensive af.

Zürich so that we could all chil in the grand cafè odeon
The place where Lenin, Joyce, Hesse and Mussolini were drinking their coffee.

isnt a bottle of water like $20 in zurich

Probably somewhere cheap but highly populated, so not anywhere in North America or Western Europe.

If you don't think the bourgeois exist everywhere, you're deluded.

New York has a shit ton of culture, even the most disgusting aspects of its commercial culture gives it merit for an artist - you have to understand what you love and what you hate.

Well it depends where you buy it but wages are usualy pretty high in switzerland(but you shouldnt go to the odeon or other cafès clubs bars etc every day)

What do you think Paris was like? Do you think it was all cheap fun? You're an imbecile

And you can drink fountain, lake and river water if hydration is your concern

Fuck yes, I came here to post this. Stuck in Seattle right now, but I'm looking to move over sooner rather than later. Help me, Islandbro.

Lviv/Lwow/Lemberg

Old city. Cheap.

Connected to a grid. Europe.

Small city, but so is London.

Student city, forever young.

this but unironically

>t. american