Be good author

>Be good author
>Commit suicide

Writing has a way of taking apart the fictions that are required to hold people together, so that they can love and work and believe in things. The more aestheticized and refined writers become, the more fragile they get.

Spending too much time thinking leads you to dark places.

>good

>t. "too smart for my own good" tier senpai

Wow, it's almost like crippling depression doesn't give a shit

Name one

heightened sensibility exposes you to the joys of moral pain

Hemingway, Plath, Mishima, Orwell, Wallace...

Still waiting...

now name nine more. you will be graded on accuracy!

>good

>Orwell
>suicide

Members of the out group who spend their lives analyzing the flaws and hypocrisies of the in group tend to be social outcasts who don't fit in anywhere. Which walks hand in hand with depression. Which often ends in suicide.

Well now I have to commit suicide.

Walter Benjamin

>Be good factory worker
>Commit suicide

>Be bad waiter
>Commit suicide

Etc, etc, etc...

>Your memes are concerning

> be mediocre author
> commit suicide
> "damn, this guy killed himself, he must've been a good author"

toole's was reasonable

Plath and Hemingway are ok but the rest of them are not good authors.

>be japanese

I do the "That sucks :(" all the time. I don't know how to respond when people go all real on you.

I usually go with "wish I could help", or "is there anything I can do to help?" if I give a fuck.

What if theyre talking about something from their past?

you ask them questions about it you autists, they're opening up because they want to talk about it

Opening up is stupid. Go talk to a therapist if you wanna get down and dirty with your issues. Leave other people out of it.

>become successful writer
>pour everything you have into a few great works
>"shit I'm out of ideas and people keep asking for new shit"

It really does. The worst part is once you go down that path, you can't really go back because you realize that all you'd be doing is constantly distracting yourself until the end of your life.

Plath, Mishima and Wallace are good, Hemingway is overrated and Orwell didn't kill himself

I believe writing was the only thing keeping them alive and they decided to end it when it no longer was working

>Wallace
>good

Yes, unlike your opinion.

Add Cobain

Honestly, all the japs I have read committed suicide. (Except for that sci-fi writer)
Pretty strange.

You should read soseki then

Probably.

fucking these

>be a good author
>make a series and never finish it

Thank fucking Christ I'm not alone with this shit

It hurts

same, i thought i was the only one as well

>Pretty strange
Not really, suicide is deeply rooted in Japanese culture.

READ NIETZSCHE

or Thomas Mann. God speed.

wow you people must sure be really smart, im sure you are so much better than other people and realize that they are but sheep.

Wow its almost like life is suffering and the cause of that suffering is desire.

Its almost as if its really your expectations of existance that makes you so edgy and cynical.

Its almost as if most of us are just trying to get through this life thing and help others do the same.

Read eastern philosophy faggots

>be a great author
>get tuberculosis and die at 27

Fuck therapists and fuck losers who need to spend money to see some phoney faggot just because they need someone to hear what they are thinking and feeling, even if they couldn't give less of a fuck, because they are too insecure to open up to people they actually know and will see again because they fear they might create some vulnerable connection.

How's enlightenment working out for you fellow Veeky Forums user?

Pavese, Pizarnik, Storni, Quiroga, Dazai, Woolf, Kawabata, Toole, de Rokha.

i would never claim to be enlightened, but atleast im not self-centered enough to despair over the meaninglessness of the universe.

You get what you get in this life, and you hold limited power to change it. Welcome to the club.

But it feels too stereotypical.
>Read Akutagava
>Biography in the back of the book
>He killed himself
>Read Kawabata
>He killed himself
>Read Dazai
>He killed himself
Haven't read Mishima, but he killed himself too.

Gogol

>despairing over the meaninglessness of the universe means that you are self-centered
???

you have to take in the context of my other post. In essence, about how people think they are hot shit for discovering the meaninglessness of existence.

I dont think pondering about it is inherently evil, but in my experience when you are stuck in a nihilistic rut its really self serving.

it goes like this:
>life is so unfair and meaningless
>but look at all those people outside my window smiling
>they must not know what i know, or else they would know that life is really meaningless and painful
>how can they be happy if life is finite and filled with suffering

In essence it stems from a dissatisfaction with what you get in life, but where does that dissatisfaction stem from? Who promised you meaning and a couchy life? who is to blame for the pain you feel.

Fact is that the people outside the window are all happy and smiling not because they dont know how bad they really have it, but because they dont expect too much.

Im sorry if i cant really put my thoughts on here adequately, i usually just lurk and english isn't my first language...

lol that doesn't even pertain to what we were talking about, you literally just said all that to say something edgy and act like you're an enlightened philosopher.

Underrated.

>shitty author
>keeps living and producing shit

no

OP said good authors

I want to go deeper into those places than anyone before. The internet will make it possible. A pioneer.
Witness me

>depressed people
Weaklings better off dead

There's a step beyond your current mindset, user.
I am you from the future, don't become complacent.

>Be a good author
>Die for a stroke caused by all the drugs you took in the same year when one of your most important books gets """adapted""" into a movie

>just started a new fiction book series
>is a recounting of past deeds by a modern historian, almost biographical
>two chapters in and the author is already constantly foreshadowing the horrible deaths of all the characters with his knowledge from their future
so much for getting invested in characters