>go to used bookstore
>grab a stack of seminals
>go to cafe with stack
>order coffee, find table
>set stack in precise disarray atop the table
>pull out phone
>browse Veeky Forums
>
Fellow plebs report in, what are we going to do about the massive influx of /sffg/ threads, redditors, booktuber threads, list threads, write what's on your mind threads, and other forms of obvious bait and shitposting? I've noticed a sharp trend upward in the amount of trash filling the catalogue lately--ostensibly since the Veeky Forums 2017 list was posted on arr-books.

Also, Kierkegaard thread.
>tfw no Regine

I'm a pseud.

It's alright user, being a pseud is an ailment you can cure with more time spent reading. Why are you such a pseud?

I am subhuman.

>complains about state of Veeky Forums yet doesn't mention Peterson threads
Don't come any closer, (((oldfag)))

we're redpilled now, cuck

I am the relation that relates to itself

Forgot Petersen threads, important oversight thanks user. How do we save Veeky Forums?
>Then I think that Abraham turned away from him, and when again he turned towards him he was unrecognizable to Isaac, his eyes were wild, his venerable locks had risen like the locks of the furies above his head. He seized Isaac by the threat. He drew the knife.

Veeky Forums's demise strongly correlates to the influx of T_D shitposters to Veeky Forums in general and the tragic death of deep&edgy.

if mods actually deleted off topic threads and /pol/ bullshit (which are usually one and the same thing) we might be able to salvage something.

just a reminder:
>Veeky Forums is for the discussion of literature, specifically books (fiction & non-fiction), short stories, poetry, creative writing, etc. If you want to discuss history, religion, or the humanities, go to Veeky Forums. If you want to discuss politics, go to /pol/.

if other boards have half decent moderation (pic related) why cant we?

/sffg/ is a the only constant general on this board
we tend to stick to it, and you tend to stay out of it
if you see any dumbos posting main threads just send them to /sffg/ and we'll call them faggots for you

don't blame us, we're contained

nah redpilled infers a distaste of intelligence, academia, experts etc

you've just got a bit lost and confused.

here, let me help

fucking ree
I started noticing an unironic decline in Veeky Forums about a month ago. I mean there's always some amount of trash but very recently it's gotten visibly worse

We need more threads about non-white male authors. 90% of threads here are just circle jerking over white males, so obviously frogposters and /pol/tards feel comfortable here.

I maintain that Veeky Forums won't be good again in a real, permanent way until someone takes the most extreme step imaginable: somehow acquire ownership of Reddit and shut the site down. Sure, a huge chunk of them would come here, but the constant flow would finally be cut off at the source.

Don't worry user, when net neutrality finally goes away and the entire internet becomes indistinguishable from cable television, the droves of pseuds who thrive on instant access to the commodification of the intellegentsia will vanish--almost overnight.

Or at least that's my dream.

I've never understood why Veeky Forums dislikes fantasy and sci-fi so much. I've asked why and answers range from "escapism is for faggots" to "lol nice bait". How is this any different from alternate history? You don't see that with such low regard. The classics are full of people that most likely never existed.

Is it the ambiguity of intent or the possible bias of the author or his environment? When we see John of Patmos talk about Jesus pulling a sword out of his ass and ravaging the sinners, we are quick to consider the possible parallels of Domitian's reign, or the allegory of the daily struggle of the Christian when faced with temptation and sin. But Tolkien talks about a Maiar doing equally imaginative shit and for some reason now it's garbage.

Is it just "It's not ancient so it sucks"? Please, help me understand.

>Implying this happened when Gaia/9Gag became less popular.

>I started noticing an unironic decline in Veeky Forums about a month ago

i'd say a few months longer. My hypothesis is that a bunch of spastics from T_D came over to /pol/ during the height of the american election bullshit, stayed on /pol/....got bored and now they try and shit up every board. once again reddit and /pol/ ruins everything...... even each other. /pol/ has got worse and reddit has got worse.

I think the internet in general is fucked now. its beyond repair. a failed experiment. burn it clean.

a less drastic solution would be for Veeky Forums mods to delete off-topic, duplicated (peterson threads), and blatant bate threads. other boards do it. even /pol/ bans offtopic and excessive trolling.

We obviously need to engage in a campaign of harassment and belittlement towards Jap Moot until he acquiesces to our demands.

Generals are the cancer in Veeky Forums, and here they aren't the exception. I want then out.

And I never read Nietzsche.

i think redditors actually are a part of the problem, the quality on Veeky Forums went considerably down after that imgur thing got posted

The guy who made a infograph of the katie incident was a fucking scumbag of the highest order.

talking about the Veeky Forums top 100, but yeah sure