I-I'm not crying

I-I'm not crying...

sot weed factor for plebs

Yeah, he can make [you] cry too.

False. Though Sotweed's a great novel, too.

fagaaaaats

i got the floating opera and the end of the road, are they good?

you think the floating opera is good but you feel as though the end of the road insists upon itself

I enjoyed both, though I thought Sot-Weed was better. Pynchon wasn't unaware of the similarities, and clearly embraced them. I doubt that you've read both, honestly.

alright cool, thank you for telling me what to feel

now you don't have to bother reading them

Just got Against the Day. What am I in for? I'm pretty excited.

Yeah I cried too. Fuck now you made me think about that ending fuck you.

have you ever read one of those instruction manuals for how to put an a Chinese air conditioning unit together? imagine something like that but more longwinded

having just recently finished sot-weed, im thinking about jumping into this one.

ive heard that people have had a hard time getting used to the subject material/language but did sot-weed adequately prepare me?

is it that bad? holy cowina

No. It might be his masterpiece. Just read it. There's like 4 people total on here that have read it, and that guy is not one of them.

okay.

>tfw you can never read M&D for the first time ever again

I heard it was complex and I was planning on reading it with a guide or just at face value first. I'm unsure. But I got it on a whim and saw that it is considered one of his better world, so I'm excited.

Stop saying that

but it gets me so many "You"s

The last transit killed me. Mason didn't like his sons at first because of Rebekah right? Your mate. It's what happens when your mate dies.

Kill me I have no mates.

What if (you) spent that time actually reading the novels and forming thoughts of your own about them? Ridiculous, I know, but at least then you'd be original.

>implying anyone on this board gives a flying fuck about original posts, or would commend an original thought regarding pynchon
you're writing checks you can't cash.

>insists upon itself
Literally a Family Guy quote (looked it up); stop posting

>he had to look it up to get it

nah I'll pass

Except Barth is a hack and not at all doing the same thing Pynchon is.

I can, I read most of it stoned.

Worth reading. Read Sot-weed factor after, although it is a lot different from those two works.

I tried reading it with a guide and it was just too much. Was taking forever to get through.

I think there's a great story in ATD but there's too much other shit going on and getting in the way. It feels like two or three other Pynchon novels clumped together and, while there are fantastic moments, it doesn't really work.

that's a little depressing. ah well, i guess i'll still try to read it.

So then I believe this is something I will wait to tackle when I'm truly prepared for some in depth analysis. I know you say it doesn't work, but the more I look, the more I see people how have finished it and understood it saying it's the best thing by Pynchon and that they've ever read. So I'm too hyped to be daunted.

Don't take other people's opinions of it too seriously. It's a novel that everyone seems to experience very differently.

Trips *rarely* never lie.

So trips usually lie?

really top tier characterization

we should do a reading group maybe towards the end of summer/into autumn

No, it's about 50/50 was the joke there.

Sixty percent of the time, I get jokes every time.

>son & xon
why can't i find this anywhere?

should i read mason & dixon or against the day first?

M&D