At in written form.

>The typo makes it even better

/b/ooks

Is Veeky Forums literature?

@

I will not to define it.

Nah

Written works that are taught.

Art in form of Language, the word is its core.

If I were to define literature it would no longer be fine.

Books that are awesome.

A text with literary merit, and especially some social significance.

define literary merit
define social significance

fuck you lazy user pic related

Social significance is tied to merit. It is just what it sounds like. A measure of how much the audience values a work for its expression, esp w regard to reflecting the social dilemmas of the time. Not represented in dollars, but popular and critical reception and mimetic footprint.

>Social significance is tied to merit.

Retard.

no u, retard

>wikipedia

i'm marking you down for not using .edu links user

Before you subject the board to some long-ass reply nobody wants, read my words again:

>A text with literary merit, and especially some social significance.

In the context of TEXTS WITH LITERARY MERIT, social significance is important for meeting that vague threshold of "literature." There are things with social significance that are not literature. Shitty things like star wars or woodstock or riots. Not that.

i'm not going to do research for a useless monosyllabic user

Anything written from a "height" which skill, knowledge, perspective, or some combination of these create.

For example, the diary of a young girl is not literature until she's killed by Nazis (knowledge/perspective).

Every work of literature defines itself as such and likewise defines literature; perhaps literature is fated to not have a definition, or at least not a static and universal one.

books with words

>using monosyllabic as an insult
wew laddy been watching the news a bit too much?

Anything with words or otherwise. Possibly a dimension? I dont have the answers I just provoke questions. CAN literature be a dimension like time and space?

A suspended relation between meaning and reference.

How do you define "good prose"?