What's Veeky Forums's preferred drink of choice when writing? Lets be honest, no one reads while drunk...

What's Veeky Forums's preferred drink of choice when writing? Lets be honest, no one reads while drunk, unless they're trying to initiate some odd sort of drunken recall to impress their dinner party friends over wine.

So, what's your poison?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/rvwfLe6sLis
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>pic related

btw, jim beam is one of my favorites for writing

Water. Distilled. Tepid.

Benzedrex washed down with mountain dew(s).

Red wine and some valium and weed.

I used to drink whisky but then it got too expensive.....so i moved on to bourbon..... but then i became a drunken retard and shouldn't really drink anything over 15%.

buffalo trace was my favourite bourbon for the price. £20 and pisses all over jack daniels, jim beam, wild turkey etc good available stuff

>really enjoying this californian zinfandel at the moment

I've given up drink and drugs for the summer, but when I drink I generally just get Yuenling, or Yuengling Black and Tan if i'm feeling fancy.

REDBULL AND SPEED METAL, BRO!

I only drink the Champagne of Beers

Not bad choices, I understand your decision as well. Also, other anons, I am talking about alcohol. Just in case it was not evident.

pseud

no need for this rudeness bro

distilled water is disgusting to be honest senpai, I prefer glacier-fed tap water

I don't drink because it makes you stupid and I don't need to escape reality

i dont do it often but if i do either rum or weed

Gin and Tonic, or Pinot Noir. It depends on my mood.

>Pinot Noir
do you let someone put it in their balls so you can suck it directly from their dick you fucking faggot?

This desu. Drinking only water from this day on is the most red-pilled thing you can do. The days of booze-hound writers and caffeine-addicted frenchies with no self control is literally degenerate. Water is the purest thing on this earth. It comprises literally everything here, and is absolutely abundant, and yet nobody really indulges in it. It's the yin and yang of our lives. McElroy wrote that water is as vast an absence as it is a vital element. It eludes, destroys, creeps and overwhelms. It's the literal beautiful tragedy of the world and our lives.

i prefer a nice malbec. I find pinot noir too light and skinny.
what sort of gin do you like

>he didn't know Veeky Forums is a homosexual board

gtfo newbuddy

>write drunk, edit sober.

No writer has actually ever said this, it's just a myth. Most alcoholic writers never wrote while under the influence. Those who did...like bukowski, it's very obvious.

Don't drink while writing op, it makes you worse than you already are, trust me gayboy.

being "redpilled" always sound fucking stupid.

>redpilled shoes

under the volcano is one of the finest novels written in the 20th century. lowry was a raging alcholic during its writing and could drink bukowski under the table.

there's always an exception to the rule.

nobody from Veeky Forums is ever going to write anything that'll get published. we basically write for fun. its a hobby, a passion. its more fun when you're half-cut

Cheap whisky and Lone Star Beer.

You are BG Ripper.

On a long writing session, I usually go through one of these bad boys

(citation needed)

>under the volcano is one of the finest novels written in the 20th century. lowry was a raging alcholic during its writing and could drink bukowski under the table.

And? Lots of writers were raging alcoholics, but does that mean they were physically drinking WHILE they wrote? Most didn't.

Plus I already said there's exceptions by using the word MOST, dumbfuck.

>nobody from Veeky Forums is ever going to write anything that'll get published.

Shows what you know fuckbait, I'm getting published next month.

I do not know why
distilled water makes

me feel high when drank
-rupi kaur

Why do they look so liquidy? My cum is much thicker than that. Am I abnormal?

It actually sucks electrolytes out of you. It's not recommended to drink at all. Only insane germaphobes drink it, and it makes them crazier because they're starving their already shaky brain.

raging alcoholics dont sober up to write as they would be trying to write whilst experiencing withdrawal and DT's. lowry wrote under the volcano very drunk.

there is a difference between a "raging alchoholic" and a heavy drinker

>dumbfuck, fuckbait

im sure you'll win a Pulitzer freindo

inb4 you post something stupid

Drink more water

When I'm out:
Highland Special w/Islay Scotch

When I'm home:
perrier scotch spritzer

as a scotsman this angers me

>Vodka in a mug
is the standard
>Wild Turkey 101 with lemonade and iced tea
for hot summer days
>Black Butte Porter
If I want beer

A combination of spring and distilled is recommended. And a healthy diet. Distilled water actually hydrates you more so that any other water. You drink spring, and then some distilled to clear out the plaque and minerals from your bones and arteries. Then you eat a balanced diet, which nobody here does.

or you could just drink regular fucking water

>raging alcoholics dont sober up to write as they would be trying to write whilst experiencing withdrawal and DT's.

Not all alcoholics get DTs or withdrawals, that's more of a maintenance drinker thing, most writers and most great drunks in general were binge drinkers. They'd be drunk for a week, quit for a week, etc.

Faulkner for example, would take months off while he was writing, but once his project was done he'd be drunk for a month straight or so.

Hemingway wrote during the morning, and drank at night.

I'm also an alcoholic btw, it'd be cool if you stopped talking about shit you have no knowledge at all of.

I'm sure a few drank while plastered, but the vast majority never did.

>But--but, like two did! So I should drink, it'll work for me!

Cool bro, go at it, but you were warned.

Pls take his warning, user. Alcoholism is no joke. I know that doesn't need to be said, but it needs to be said.

Buffalo Trace is great stuff.

Solid choices. I'm a whiskey man myself. Never been one for wine.

Gin/Tonic is classic. Never heard of Noir.

>redpilled

>Black Butte Porter
Top tier taste.

English breakfast. Black.

Gin and pineapple juice.
Humbert Humbert has good taste in little girls

I don't drink. Then again I don't write.

>those shoes

I see them all the time and genuinely thought they were cheap trainers from Primark. They're fucking ugly.

Water (and Ritalin)

Soda. Anyone else? I can't stand alcohool
Anyways I mostly drink water.

I never found alcohol to have any worthwhile impact on my writing. People quote that most great writers were drunks, but I don't think the alcohol had anything to do with their writing, it was just the coping mechanism they used to deal with the fact that they were geniuses, and writing is a nerve wracking, maddening profession. The booze was just a side effect of all this.

If I had maybe one drink, I'd noticed SOMETIMES I would write a little smoother, a little more free flowing. This didn't make much of a difference though, in a novel that took hundreds of hours of initial writing, that meant I could save maybe 5 minutes in editing that one section I had a beer during. Any more than one drink, and everything would turn to shit and I'd be better off watching the Karate Kid or something.

I never had any great epiphanies, or moments where there's no fucking way I could have achieved greatness without booze.

The worst case scenario you'll run into is if the booze DOES work, because now you're dependent on it to write, and all drunks will tell you that drugs work until they don't. One day the booze won't work anymore, and what will you do then? Best to learn to write without it in the first damn place.

I usually drink cheap whisky mixed with some iced sweet tea.

Other than that, a strong brew of coffee is something I also enjoy.

I know its a meme, but getting rip roaring drunk is the only time I can really write. I'm not honest with myself otherwise.

>tfw don't feel comfortable writing while sober.
>tfw I'm not going to make it

>drinking while writing

enjoy being a shit author

Then you're the stupid one.

>buffalo trace
my niggaz

my brethren

this is now the thread theme

youtu.be/rvwfLe6sLis

dank meme on the rise

I just go into my shower and shotgun one of these babies every time I finish a chapter

It's not so much about escaping reality as it is lowering the inhibitions to take the route you know to exist, but be difficult. I do this when I'm stumped on a programming problem. If I drink I just brute force the algorithm and stop looking for short cuts.

Even when I was an alcoholic, I rarely wrote creatively while drunk. If I did, nothing ever came of it. I would typically write when I was starting the day's drinking, or when I was doing my brief periods of "I'm not an alcoholic, I can stop for 24 hours even though I pop pills the entire time to distract from the fact that I'm not drinking."

I physically couldn't drink when I was drunk. I mean, I couldn't do anything when drunk besides drinking. That's how bad I was.

I'd get ideas sometimes and jot them down, thinking they were genius, but when I sobered up I'd see they were mostly incoherent shit. I thought up a few decent ideas, and maybe one or two great ideas....but I'm betting I would have thought those up without the booze too.

But that's just another aspect of addiction, you think up one great idea and think it's the booze that did it, disregarding the thousands of bad ideas the booze gave you.

I feel you. Had a short honeymoon with alcoholism (1-2 years) when it helped. These days booze just turns me introverted and suicidal, drinking to oblivion. Withdrawals make me want to write but it's always incohorent sit like user said.

My big issue now is my publication drought. Booze was holding me back in life etc, but I was publishing. Since I've cleaned up I've got nothing, and feel like there aren't any acceptances on the horizon. In my more logical mind, I know that there are long dry spells with that, but there's still a part of me that says "drinking helped you do it. It made you more comfortable and set the pressures of every day life far enough away to write." Really it just made me content with living a trash life.
I went from school to working odd shit jobs and living in a 1 bed apartment in a very dangerous area. I remember standing outside smoking while drunk once, and someone pulled up to the curb and took a shot at me. I was so hammered I just kind of stood there.

It's not that hard for me. I was unpublished for years when I was drinking. Now that I sobered up I started getting published. So that's a great reason to stay sober

You're basically at where you should have been at on day 1 of writing, which is learning how to write without booze.

Old Grandad.

I don't write, though.

>distilled
>drinking literal poison
>not drinking pure mountain spring water

So it turns you into a worse programmer?

Johnnie Walker Black if it's before 8pm, Laphraoig (any year, desu) if it's later, but still before 4am. Then any type of bourbon with a high rye mashbill earlier in the day (lunch, mixing with a soda for dinner, etc).

I really don't think booze was actually part of the actual writing process at least. It's just now I care about the rest of my life more. I'm working a better job so I can pay rent on a safer place, I stopped defaulting on my loans and I'm rebuilding my relationship with my family, plus actually am feeling good enough to be in a romantic relationship with someone. I'm just relearning how to manage time for the most part, and behave like a more functional human.
A neat thing I have noticed with my work is that I'm writing longer pieces, probably because when I do sit down to write I'm not waiting to get drunk when I'm finished.

>no one reads while drunk
I drink beer and read every single night.

It really is absolutely delicious. And not overpriced either. One of the very few great, affordable beers.
Anyone have affordable delicious beer recs? Taste comes before ABV/price ratio
mon frere ill drink drinkto that
As Dostoevsky says theres that which we will only tell our closest friends. That which we will only tell ourselves, and that which we won't even tell ourselves. Alcohol makes the latter move toward the former.

rum and coke, or if I'm feeling naughty, Sheridan coffee liqueur.

Rittenhouse, I don't write though

Sometimes you need to be a bit shit to be productive.

Drinking is like using auxiliary gasoline tank for me. When I wrote 8000 characters (well I'm Japanese and doesn't count on words) and I still need to add it 1000 characters more, I drink some beer, then it does the job. But once my energy flow stops, visions fade away quickly, as if I'm not running as fast as those surroundings. I don't know how it would be after that if I weren't drinking beer.

Always liked Bacardi with a bit of something to mix. Any recommendations for coffee liquer?

Fair enough.

Do you drink sake? Do japanese people like sake? Ive always wondered.

>a beer

sure, but you don't get honest-author smashed on booze to write, that's the point

We do. Not all the people, though I feel sorry about those guys tongue.

And I'm not surprised if sake is not favored in other country, since Japanese foods heavily rely on rivers and sea topographically, and sake is best with seafood. I prefer drinking sake with side dish. It does magic.