Creates a food abortion mash-up out of twenty different kinds of oversugared candies

>creates a food abortion mash-up out of twenty different kinds of oversugared candies
"MMMMM CAN'T STOP EATING IT'S SO RICH BUT SO DELICIOUS"
>eats a dish flavored with rosewater, a refined but subtle flavor
"IT TASTES LIKE POTPOURRI, I CAN'T STAND IT!"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=O0ZCSQF2sSA
youtu.be/9i7VOELLXag
youtu.be/sta-kHfOzeE
youtube.com/watch?v=VnXu22HZBNQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Upqp21Dm5vg
youtube.com/watch?v=LLBm8TaXyQE
youtube.com/watch?v=dZFxWaOvsCI
youtube.com/watch?v=MnJfZb2FAkY
reddit.com/user/oliverbabish/
youtube.com/watch?v=nffGuGwCE3E
youtube.com/watch?v=EaJWqEXaG9Y
youtube.com/watch?v=W6grbWC6feQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

youtube.com/watch?v=O0ZCSQF2sSA
the video that triggered me, I'm starting to hate this guy's McDonalds-tier taste for explosive and overpowering flavors

>teaches people to cook
>doesn't even know how to cut vegetables
>makes some god awful pan sauce that looks more like fucking shallot juice
fucking triggered the shit out of me holy shit

Are we actually shitting on someone for not liking a really uncommon acquired taste? I don't even especially like this guy, but come on.

Go to bed babish

Buy my cookbook first, faggot

>tattoos

Manchild.

I can't watch that dude anymore.
When the first minute and the last minute of his videos are going to continue to be:

>HEY GUYS HAVE YOU HEARD ABOUT SQUARESPACE!?

I'm done.

I get it. Get paid motherfucker. But I'm out.

it's their criticism genuine or are just being contrarians because babish is popular?
we'll never know

>free video
>can skip ahead
>complains about shilling so he himself can put food on the table

suck my dick from the back senpai

>salsa
meh
>red sauce
meh
>bechamel
standard, decent enough
>fond and wine sauce
looked like shit

step your game up babbysh

He thinks he's getting the concentrated tomato flavor from the tomato paste and not the simmering of the sauce. Who the fuck watches this dumb fuck still?

Babish plz

Doesn't Chef John from FoodWishes.com do the same thing? He'll make a recipe and then admit that it didn't turn out well.
Why is this guy even called reddit anyway? Is it because he makes food vaguely related to pop culture? And give me a break about complaining about advertising. Literally all youtubers do that and you can skip it. It's not even sneaky, youtube will tell you that there is a paid promotion.

I think Veeky Forums hates him because tattoos + speaking voice + cooks = numale or something like that.
It's a hard nut to crack why Veeky Forums is so obsessed with this pretty average channel.

My main problem with Babish is that he's proud of not cleaning his plate, ever, and that somehow, cleaning it once in a while is some kind of achievement. What a fucking prick. As a poorfag, this makes me so angry.

>Doesn't Chef John do the same thing?
Name one video where he does this.

youtu.be/9i7VOELLXag

He's a entertainment chef. All TV chefs do this, take a bite of their food and then discard the rest. He's not chronicling his daily meals, he's making a presentation for youtube.

He has like 3 or 4 videos like this, but this is the first one I could find.
Admitting that what you did didn't turn out how you like is not something you can fault him for.

>maple syrup marinade
I think he was just trying it out, it was apparent he didn't have it before. Can you link another video where he complains about the taste? That's the first one I've ever seen where he does it.

>Turkish delight
I think he was just trying it out, it was apparent he didn't have it before.
I don't want to search right now, you can find them yourself.

If you hate him so much then why do you click on his videos?
Do you have poor self control?

youtu.be/sta-kHfOzeE

probably a lil a both im sure people that actually know how to cook might get annoyed by it but others is just XD le get out reddit cucking with babish type banter

He shares the food he cooks with friends.

Link the video, I gotta see this.

Ah well, that's better.

I'm the OP and his comments on rosewater pissed me off cause it's literally the first time I've seen him describe a food as bad, even though he makes flavor disasters all the damn time

Which video are you talking about first? He said he hated The Office pretzel

>triggered
Is tumbler down tonight?

>triggered

People watch this shit? Have some standards

youtube.com/watch?v=VnXu22HZBNQ

he actually likes the fried chicken lasagna and the burger made with donuts

But Rosewater is just TOO MUCH am I right?

This is how the american palate works. All kinds of weird sugary chemicals makes them happy, but for most of the rest of the world it makes us sick.

Tried a reeses piece once. It was disgusting. Horrible chocolate, and horrible peanut butter.

did no one tell him powdered sugar already contains corn starch?

Sess'd

i'm turkish and I don't like lokum...

I don't like his channel name, voice, or the way he shoots videos showing just his hands.

He's just as bad as that other show that used bacon strips on everything.

>so he himself can put food on the table
The was already rich during his early videos, this shit isn't a valid point

>britbong this fucking made

You mean epic meal time from like 6 years ago?
How is it just as bad as that?

Chef john

There was one where he made some kind of cauliflower chip or something and he didn't like it

>babish suddenly getting popular
>latest video has audible dot cum plug
god dammit, this is the sign of it going downhill from here.

>roll up your sleeves and wear slim fitting clothes
>deceptively keep your face out of the camera
>digitally change your voice
>actually a bald manlet redditor
lmao

has it ever occurred to you that subtle flavors are hogwash.

there's a reason they're subtle. they're not good enough to be appreciated, outright

What, you didn't care for his Campbell's Authentic Tyson Chicken Noodle Soup brought to you by Uber Eats and Blue Apron?

can somebody provide me with an image of the nonwhite, monkey-faced American mutt so that I can respond to this user?

Chef John:
- also shoots videos so you can't see his face
- also isn't funny
- actually has more subscribers than Babish making him more of a meme

And yet Veeky Forums loves Chef John but hates Babish. Why?

Chef John's videos are decent, the recipes are mostly pretty tasty and simple enough to make, and he slips in little tips and tricks to help you cook better in the future.

Chef John is GOAT, Babish is shitkin mudslime

raking in the $$$ too
he must feel like shit for being a hack

>also shoots videos so you can't see his face

He knows as well as you or I do that no one wants to look at some flabby old dude making food. He's focusing on the actual recipe rather than branding.

>also isn't funny

Yeah but in a dad or uncle humor kind of way, he's still endearing

lol, you are just parroting that its an uncommon acquired taste SPECIFICALLY because the idiot in the video says "rosewater is an acquired taste."

fucken impressionable morons should lurk til they die.

He's entertaining. I love him.

no because those are food related services. dumbass.

and dont give me that "he has a cook book so audio books makes sense!" bullshit.

He's not gonna last long. Can't believe he quit his job for this.

Few chefs on Youtube last as long as Foodwishes or reach Foodwishes level.

He's no Gordon Ramsay either.

chef john has been in the game for years, he's cooked all of his dishes many times before and has perfected. Babish admits he just started cooking not too long ago and kind of wings it as he goes

I find chef johns humor charming in a mr rogers kind of way

Chef John?:
- also shoots videos? so you can't see his face?
- also? isn't funny?
- actually has more subscribers than Babish? making him more of a meme?

And yet Veeky Forums loves Chef John? but hates Babish? Why?

fixed your post, John

Everyone knows with Turkish Delight pistachio is where its at. Rose is fine if you get a taste for it but I dare anyone to not like pistachio.

Chef John has a tight grasp on the fundamentals of cooking and has simplified it down to its most important components. I personally haven't seen him make any big technical mistakes and sometimes he does things better than conventional.

>I dislike this kind of thing, but the essentials are basically good. I'd make it with a different flavorant.
>OH MY GOD THIS FUCKING KEKED NUMALE FAGGOT CAN'T TAKE THE TASTE OF MY CHEAP ARAB PISSWATER

the only reason this board exists is for food gore

youtube.com/watch?v=Upqp21Dm5vg
It's not ja/ck/ tier, but there are so many better places to actually learn. Like jacques pepin, food wishes, etc.
Chef John actually knows what he's doing, responds to criticism in the comments rather than just getting his dick sucked 24/7, has a decent and unique sense of humor, doesn't have a patreon, doesn't shill on reddit, focuses on technique and showing skill, rather than the upper half of his body and no cutting or prep, and he does a good amount of unique recipes rather than shit from movies that you could just google for.

12,000 on patreon for producing shit like youtube.com/watch?v=LLBm8TaXyQE is actually pretty admirable. He's a top tier jew and puts on a persona that people actually perceive as knowledgeable and skilled. And then it falls apart when he says "per nod" and doesn't understand that the reason you curl fingers is for safety, not grip. That and when he tries to use a pastry bag. Why even upload that shit?

I'd say he's probably got a year or two before things start to slow down and fall apart.

>doesn’t like rosewater
>recommends orange blossom water

???

>Chef John actually knows what he's doing
our guy
been making videos bc his heart tells him so

youtube.com/watch?v=dZFxWaOvsCI

>people prefer some flavors over others
?????

You can’t tell me that rosewater and orange blossom water taste exactly the same

They don’t taste the same, but they both taste like potpourri.

based food wishes guy
i wish he would teach me how to actually
youtube.com/watch?v=MnJfZb2FAkY

What the fuck was with that "salsa" the bitch made fucking gross ass pico de gallo. Throw that shit in a food processor. Also, he doesn't even know how to tell if a mango is ripe, that mango was so green I bet it tasted so chalky.

Also. One huge problem. This nignog has a kitchenaid god tier mixer and he still grinds up his meat by FREEZING IT and killing it and then throwing it into a food processor. Fucking garbage. Go get the attatchment for the mixer to grind meat for like 60 bucks. You can afford it with all that squarespace bullshit.

*how to actually cook : )

Ja/ck/ has the nice Joule sous vide circulator and that 1k Vitamix blender and he's even worse than Babish so there's that.

No, I said it because its the fucking truth

Hot roux cold milk no lumps. What were his other tips?

I'm aware of this and hate it but
>O B S E S S E D
B
S
E
S
S
E
D

how about they get a REAL fucking job. you dont HAVE to tip street performers, but you only pay them because they put in EFFORT. if you saw a booth asking you to pay $0.25 to watch someone take on the "spicy noodle challenge funny emoji emoji emoji," youd rather fuck yourself.

Who's that guy who made some old english recipe for green bean pie/pastry?

one is endearing the other is pandering guess which is which

>what makes this dude reddit hurr durr

reddit.com/user/oliverbabish/

>year or two

12k a month is a shitload of cash my dude, holy fuck you only need a year or two of that shit to be pretty set up if you ask me

Wait, what's wrong with the way he cuts vegetables? I've been doing the whole
>slice along vertical lines on onion
>two perpendicular lines inward
>then chop horizontally
shit forever. Is that actually not the right way?

not that person. no, your technique is fine if you want to dice. The only problem is that he's not curling his fingers to properly use as a guide (and for safety) and half the time he's pushing down rather than actually slicing. Also a really shitty technique of cutting a mango. On some of the older threads, people would post that picture of him cutting a carrot with his fingers practically extended, which looked really bad.

youtube.com/watch?v=nffGuGwCE3E
youtube.com/watch?v=EaJWqEXaG9Y
youtube.com/watch?v=W6grbWC6feQ
proper technique.

These videos were amazing, thank you. I noticed that in the first Pepin one, he says to always use a curved slicing motion rather chopping one. Yet he does the chopping motion when slicing the cucumber really fast. Is there a subtle movement I'm missing?

yeah he's moving it backwards, just not as exaggerated when he demonstrated the motion earlier.

i disagree with you entirely, the rosewater turkish delight is the best but is also the mildest and most inoffensive kind you can get; the berry and citrus ones are so-so but are kinda inferior to western fruit gummies, and pistachio is disgusting and you may as well just get some fucking proper pistachio pastries instead you fucking hack

>All TV chefs do this
obviously, but they don't make a point of throwing the food away. the camera just sorta cuts because it's a cooking show and not an eating show. if anything, the waste is hidden and shameful

I highly doubt any food gets wasted, especially after he hands off the White Russian to his roommate in the cocktail episode because he's lactose intolerant

Tastelets don't deserve to be teaching people.

>how about they get a REAL fucking job.
there is no such thing as a real fucking job you pringus.

should a retard that isn't used to relatively common tastes try to teach others about cooking? no, fuck, I hate youtube cooks with no training or experience, they are the worst

>uncommon acquired taste?
rosewater is maybe as far as "uncommon" but it's one of the most common flavors of that shitty liquid people douse sticks in and jam them in their bathrooms, and rosewater is an incredibly inoffensive and mild flavor

you're all immature fucking niggers. loads of people hate rose-scented foods, including great chefs and critics. it's just one of those divisive products. and anyone who knows their shit will tell you that the trick to it is to use it extremely sparingly.

>fussy girlfriend
>doesn't like seafood
>doesn't like a lot of fruit
>doesn't like certain presentations of meat
>actually likes rose flavor

she even surprised herself.

Babs is still learning, and he makes that pretty clear re: what his channel is actually about. John is obviously the better chef because he's been in the game much longer, cooking professionally rather than just for YouTube.
only prob I have with John is that the upward inflection on everything starts out endearing but gets annoying after a while.

>see a recipe video linked
>looks/sounds good, click the link
>Hi? this is? Chef John from? foodwishes.com?

>t. tastelet

he recommended a bunch of alternatives like coconut extract and orange blossom water

I think he's obnoxious when he talks about cilantro but I guess I'd be a fagot too if I were born with a gene that makes me naturally hate one of the best herbs in the world

>it's just one of those divisive products.
ive never seen anyone with a strong opinion on it either way until this thread. you are a shill!

A shill for what?

>shill
Nothing more cringe than a newfag using a term in completely the wrong context.
Lurk Moar.