20 dollaroos for a sandwich

>20 dollaroos for a sandwich
>7 dollaroos for some fries

why is this type of fastfood cuisine made by underpaid people so expensive

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/1979/03/02/archives/where-to-eat-the-best-pastrami-and-corned-beef-in-town-making-it.html
youtube.com/watch?v=IXLT9ZBlRKQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's a tourist trap so of course it's going to have high prices.

Also, calling it "fast food" is a bit inaccurate. Their sandwiches are fucking huge, and the meat is cured in house. It's a far cry from the slop you'd get at a typical fast food place like McDonalds or Wendy's.

also 1x sandwich at katz's is like 2 full meals, ditto for the fries. quit crying

>(((Katz's)))
Do you even need to ask?

If you voluntarily spend 20 dollars on a sandwich you're a retard or a hipster.

Four meals in my eyes... but I'm not obese.

Katz's literally has not been good in 50 years. It is supported entirely by tourists who don't know better, college student hipsters who want to feel authentically New York, and jews of habit who have never left the LES. So much better pastrami all over the city. I fucking hate Katz's.

I'm sure you were eating there 50 years ago

No, but the rest of my family were. The NY Times saw the writing on the wall ~40 years ago

>"...it's no place to find quality corned beef and >pastrami, even though all meats here are >handā€sliced. The sandwiches, which cost >$2.60 each, were tough, rubbery and barely >edible."

nytimes.com/1979/03/02/archives/where-to-eat-the-best-pastrami-and-corned-beef-in-town-making-it.html

>why is this type of fastfood cuisine made by underpaid people so expensive
Rent hikes, Katz's is on it's last legs cause just operating there became so goddamn expensive.

because that is the price that people are willing to pay
are you stupid?

>>(((Katz's)))
>Do you even need to ask?

Well, it's in Manhattan, which means it's going to be ridiculously priced and taxed in the first place, plus its a tourist trap for those that are too lazy to find better.

the grocery store I work at makes smoked meat sandwiches on rye withmustard and a pickle + coleslaw for a whopping $5CAD, and we have absolute control over how much meat you get. When I make it it's usually 4 quarter-inch slices

How do Amerifriends even pronounce "delicatessen"?

>go to a nice burger joint in a historical town that I haven't been to in nearly a decade
>interior has been remodeled and is meh
>menu is tiny comparatively
>prices have been hiked up
>burger fries and tea $16.00

It was a 1/3lb burger with swiss cheese and mushrooms added onto the burger. Pissed me off.

Their pastrami is actually pretty damn good, objectively speaking. Their staff is presumably paid well because it's a cult institution-- they are very nice and helpful. Cult barbecue places tend to pay their staff really well too. The prices are posted on a bulletin board with little hooks so they can raise or lower them according to demand. I would say that they find a sweet spot that keeps the place at capacity while driving away a flood of poor people.

My knock on Katz's is that their pickles are vile. Plus, the whole meal with sides is just way too much sodium.

dell - ihh - kuh - tess - en

"ihh" as in "ignorant"

>why is this type of fastfood cuisine made by underpaid people so expensive.

Oy vey! 20 dollars for a sandwich is a bargain, goyim! Make sure to tip your waiter, and don't forget the 600 million!

youtube.com/watch?v=IXLT9ZBlRKQ

Delly

I agree, the first time I ate there me and my cousin just ordered one sandwich and it was enough to fulfill our appetite