Why is postmodernism the new boogeyman when postmodernism was dead by the 90s?

Why is postmodernism the new boogeyman when postmodernism was dead by the 90s?

books.google.com/books/about/The_end_of_postmodernism.html?id=Z3UaAQAAIAAJ&redir_esc=y

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Différance
youtube.com/watch?v=0qrUJdytCao
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because /pol/babies are too dumb to research what postmodernism actually is and find out that their youtube guru of the month is talking complete bullshit.

Nobody cares about labels. Post modernism, post structuralism, or any other contemporary garbage - the name does not matter, philosophy has died together with Germany. I can only pity the mongoloids who take the likes of Foucault (an aids ridden degenerate who wrote utter bullshit) seriously. It is sad what we have come to.

kill yourself

>Nobody cares about labels

I didn't think it was possible to be so wrong in so few words

They struggle to even define it so I wouldn't take any of it seriously.

Hopefully you'll grow out of stupidity.
Nobody sane cares about labels. What does it matter if you say that e.g. philosopher X belongs to the tradition of philosophy Y. It is irrelevant, all that matters is what he has written.

>Lasse Brandeby on Veeky Forums

As far I as know, he was just a regular lefty.

Only the insane don't care about labels.

>Nobody sane cares about labels.

very well
nobody is sane then

>only insane people disagree with me, the most right person ever

t. pseud

>Nobody sane cares about labels.
Gonna go ahead and label you as a dumbass with no grip on reality

>tfw I have actually listened to that lecture in the middle

She actually tells the students to draw along.

we just got baited hard boys

Postmodernism isn't really dead. It has become shorthand for 'things about current society that I don't like' which sometimes conflates modernist positions. Ironically these complaints are found also in the postmodernists and their more radical surrealist predecessors. I hope with all this attention people start to appreciate postmodernism for what it is and the kind of insight it offers rather than chastising it for things it isn't.

What insight?

Writing as performance, language as a system, disconnect between signifier/signified, inadequacy of rational structures, computers are gay, blah blah

The NrX folks use it to explain why we should do away with democracy and establish numerous absolute Monarchists in its place.

A number of wealthy Jews use it to explain why they should be allowed to use modern """""""art"""""" as a way to launder money and get around taxes.

It acts as a catch-all phrase for "any vaguely left wing garbage I don't like for arbitrary reasons".

See? It's plenty useful!

>Writing as performance, language as a system
Can you maybe link some of the postmodern insights about this?

keck

theory of abstract expressionism was eastablished within modernist framework, then again, it is always insanely vague spectrum of things your sort of people label as modern art

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Différance

is probably the best example of language as a system but also Wittgenstein (who isn't a postmodernist). By writing as performance I just mean engaging with that system, especially the postmodern philosophical texts that also demonstrate theory itself rather than offer a passive window onto the theory. Other writers play around with dichotomies and what have you. But I'm not really a postmodern scholar.

Basically: Derrida.

In one of her lectures she doesn't have a whiteboard to draw on, instead she draws on paper. So out of nowhere she tells to audience to draw a red arrow and flips back through like 5-6 pages of nonsense to connect it to "something".

youtube.com/watch?v=0qrUJdytCao

please delet

The evil that men do lives after them; the same is true for philosophical movements.

>being such an edgelord that you misquote Iron Maiden to try to seem insightful

>being such a pleasure that you can't recognize Shakespeare

>phoneposting

>calling me 'a pleasure' in the middle of a heated argument
T-thanks?

Tief sein und tief scheinen. – Wer sich tief weiß, bemüht sich um Klarheit; wer der Menge tief scheinen möchte, bemüht sich um Dunkelheit.

them chalkboards. how could any of that shit actually mean anything?

Freudian slip, I guess.

>postmodernism died in the 90s
Dumbest thing I've read all day, anons

it's "th-thanks"