Why do people constantly quote Bukowski like he's some sort of messiah?

Why do people constantly quote Bukowski like he's some sort of messiah?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/jrxgVuaAk8s?t=4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

do they...?

I never heard anyone quote bukowski

Because the free soul is rare, but you know it when you see it - basically because you feel good, very good, when you are near or with them.

>alcoholic
>free soul

Because his work is accessible, he's seen as "rebellious," he wrote some nice lines and he acknowledged the soul crushing drudgery of modern life. He's not bad it's just that entry-leverals latch onto him and pseuds think shitting on him is patrician.

Levelers*

Try to leave that shithole of Tumblr, maybe

Bukoski is honestly pretty based. he's got a tragic beauty to him that the sheltered sadbois at Veeky Forums will NEVER EVER understand

Because, like, life comes at you HARD dude

You've never seen the classic social girl type post a picture of her+friends with a Bukowski caption? Every normalfag social network is infested.

wow, that made me think!!

because Ham on Rye was legit funny. Like there are four or five really good laughs in it. Mostly the part where they are young kids staring at a womens cunt in the bleachers. And him joking about wanting to throw a rock at a girls cunt at an plane show or something.

I like some of his poetry
bluebird
the genius of the crowd
the last days of the suicide kid

>the last days of the suicide kid
youtu.be/jrxgVuaAk8s?t=4

same reason people suck gene wolfe cock ad nauseum.

>free soul
>bukowski
He was so deep in the caverns of his own ass he couldn't escape his bullshit, cultivated, dirty-grandpa, edgelord image even if he had night vision goggles, 50 flashlights, a map, and any idea what the real world looked like so he'd know when the fuck he was even out.

>the soul crushing drudgery of modern life
He does do that, but I mean so did every other dirty minimalist/realist of his time. that was kind of the point of the style. That being said, he does deserve credit as helping popularize that writing style. Like it or not, Charlie here did help start the post-war minimalist movement. He was also kind of fun until he got obnoxious, kind of like the drunkest friend at a party, which he basically was.

Entry level boys gotta realize that he's a jumping off point for that style and while he's influential it doesn't make him great.

Pseuds gotta recognize that while he's a big box of cunts and a total edgelord, he's still important in his own right. You also gotta admit he's kinda fun to read. Junk food is tasty, admit it.

Whelp this solidifies my already low opinion of this hack.

No, never once.

cos he's a cool cat who lived on his own terms despite his shitty circumstances.

Anyone who thinks Bukowski's self-insert/Charlie himself was actually, legitimately cool and/or wise has never made a woman cum.

Science has literally proven this as fact.

does it hurt your feelings? if yes then I like him even more

>being proud of pleasuring a woman
Nu-male detected. True men have sex to pleasure themselves

j

A true artist. Must've studied the way of the self-own since at least middle school.

You sound like the type of guy who lets girls rub their clit juices all over your face

Anyone who gets triggered by someone bringing up their theoretical sexual inadequacy actually unironically likes Bukowski and has also never made a woman cum.

Every academic study known to man has proven this fact. It's irrefutable.

> haha being mean is so cool.

okay

Are you 13 or just a quivering mass of small, flaccid penises that somehow learned to operate a keyboard?

You seem secure in your sexual submission to females.

i DO feel pretty secure.

If you say so.