Is this book worth reading ?

Is this book worth reading ?

The flicks are decent

Only the cinematic adaptations are worth watching

No, it's mediocre pop lit that happened to serve as the basis for two pretty good films.

I've been hearing nothing but praise for this book, but maybe that's because of the films.

Will it be as interesting as the film? If so I may as well read it.

It's a strange book. Coppola did a smart thing and cut out all the parts about the gril whose cunny was too big and couldn't feel even a nice thick veiny hardon inside her.

Nah not really. Ultimately it's the same story, but Coppola just had far more mastery over film than Puzo had over literature, and consequently created something far more interesting. I guess if you really like the story it might be worth it.

I'll give it a shot

Written at like a 5th grade level but overall very good. The film and the novel supplement each other

Eh, I'm still new to the reading world so maybe this can help me get better.

The italian they speak in part 2 is atrocious.

In the movie or book?

I don't know why, but boring novels are easier to become a good film

I don't know I'm reading it so far and it's not boring?

Maybe I'm just a fan of the story I guess.

Jup, it's very good. Puzo has captivating and detailed prose. I can also recommend his Fools Die. And if you're into mafia nonfiction, go with Gommorah. You'll look differently at what Angelina wears for the Oscars.

If you like pulp (though you'd do better with Hammett, Chandler or Thompson). Otherwise, no.

> Entire chapters to describe how big is Sonny's penis.
> An huge subplot about Lucy's loose vagina.
> More chapters dedicated to describe how Sonny's penis fits in Lucy's loose vagina.

How in the fuck has this been adapted to a good movie?

The Exorcist is a good example of this.

>Two

ctfu, I want this to be accurate.

It is. Also:

> After Sonny dies, there are chapters describing how Lucy feels lonely because no one else has a dick that fits her loose vagina.
> Then hooks up with a guy who knows a vagina surgeon.
> The vagina surgeon fixes her loose vagina and makes it extra tight.

I'm not even joking, the mafia stuff is secondary to this.

Movie, only a couple of lines by pacino and duvall sounded like proper italian. Looked like the cast was practicing between takes