I've become obsessed with Schopenhauer and he's the only writer I can relate to and read...

I've become obsessed with Schopenhauer and he's the only writer I can relate to and read. What should I read along the same lines as him to not become pidgeonholed in one writer? Both fiction/nonfiction is fine.

>virgin detected

Ligotti

Yes, I am a virgin. But I'm not really bitter about it, I used to be but not anymore. I don't agree with his essay on women if that's what you're referring to.

I see that mentioned a lot due to his pessimism. Thanks for the recommendation.

>cuck detected

Peter Wessel Zapffe
Thomas Ligotti
Eugene Thacker
David Benatar
Maybe Nick Land if you can tolerate some William S. Burroughs-esque barely lucid cyberpunk shenanigans

Yes, I embody every Veeky Forums meme that has ever existed.
Zapffe and Thacker seem interesting. I'm definitely going to look into Zapffe I've seen his face posted before but never looked him up. They all seem to be devout pessimists. I enjoy Schopenhauer's ability to turn pessimistic critique into a kind of twisted and broken form of optimism.

based
which videogames do you think schoppy would play?

Giacomo Leopardi is the only answer and I find it shameful that Veeky Forums has not recommended him yet

Zapffe was deeply influenced by Shopenhaur, read The Last Messiah, i'm sure you'll like it.

Thacker is very Ligotti-like, and sees the world as not unlike the world as portrayed in the works of Lovecraft.

He's be into some Furi, i reckon.

civ on max difficulty?

pic related is 100% true

I could imagine him playing Sims 2 just so he could remove the pool ladder from the pool and watch as the sims panics in the pool before dying

I think people don't get that Schopenhauer had sympathy for humans and our predicament in the world.

Thomas Bernhard my man

Phillip Mainlander

>I've become obsessed with Schopenhauer and he's the only writer I can relate to and read.

Are you saying this based on reading Will and Representation or just his aphorisms?

Mostly Books 3 and 4 of World as Will and Representation and his essay On the suffering of the world. But reading any of his random essays is a joy for me. I just read A Few Parables in his studies in pessimism and I enjoy his take and viewpoint on life.

This.

Something boring as hell.