Masters degree in physics

>masters degree in physics
>no idea what Maxwell equations are

Attached: 1513419513326.jpg (211x239, 5K)

Are you saying you are a brainlet? Or have you ecountered people with masters degrees in physics that don't know basi classical EM.

I never took a course that dealt with Maxwell equations and I haven't encoutered them in later life

Ladyboys and Gentlemen: the absolute state of modern education.

>Maxwell

You misspelled Heaviside.

I'm trying not to judge OP, but I seriously have no clue how one could possibly go through bsc + msc without encountering some of the most basic equations in physics. I'm genuinely interested to know what classes you took.

>american education

This has to be bullshit, electrodynamics is a mandatory course. But it's not just that, did you not see them in some class on variational methods or special relativity?

>>no idea what Maxwell equations are
I don't know what they are either. Then again, I do not work at McDonald's.

Attached: physics grad2.jpg (1038x1769, 575K)

Can we ban larping on /sc/ please? Go do your homework, OP. The 200 words essay is not going to write itself (barely).

Ironic, since my Engineering professor started with them in the first semester.

How is that ironic?

This

Never took any of those either. Last two years or so I only took chemistry and biology.

I studied applied physics (nanoscience). We basically took lots of biology and chemistry instead of the more advanced classes in physics.

Sounds like you did mechanical engineering.

what the actual fuck

I'm biochem and took 1 year of physics and I fucking did maxwell's equations

We learn this shit in the 4th term of our EE program. How the fuck is this possible for a physics student?

kek even I (CS) know Maxwell's equations. Physics is confirmed a fucking joke degree.

>4th semester in maths degree
>just now learning fluid dynamics

should i kill myself before or after this brainlet session is over

Attached: 1512479537170.jpg (1066x600, 77K)

>applied physics
>nanoscience

did you not take the only 4 classes that matter?

No. And no maths classes either, except the basic methods in physics.

It sounds like you went to a shitty school, OP.

Did you go to asu?

>5 years lifting
>bp 1rm 90 lbs

That's what happens when you don't take 4 scoops every meal, son.

Eat more and do assistance lifts retard

CS major here

Even I know what they are
lmaoing @ (You)

>masters degree in maths
>dx and dy are just some super duper small numbers, like greater than 0 but less than any other positive number

Attached: 1507428132684.png (586x578, 37K)

Kek, you studied nanoscience then, not applied physics, unless you consider everything comes down to a sort of application of physics, but then STEM = applied physics.

xDDDD

whatever you decide do it in class before your professor and make it clear you do it because of that class.

>no idea what Maxwell equations are
Did you spend all your college years fucking around? Holy shit

Attached: 1492476647352.jpg (258x360, 55K)

[math]\lim_{(x_2-x_1) \rightarrow 0} x_2-x_1 = dx [/math]
So your greentext is correct (albeit informally) and you are retarded

Nah we saw Maxwell's equations sophmore year
t. Mech eng student

DELET THIS CSLET
I'LL STEAL YUH JERB AND BIMBOS ANYTIME WITH MY SUPER-DUPER-THIN VARIATIONS OF X

Attached: 4chan_proprietary_imagework_102.jpg (633x758, 44K)

(not true, by the way)
>[math]\lim_{(x_2-x_1) \rightarrow 0} x_2-x_1 = 0 [/math]
dx is a differential form, not some "infinitesimal quantity", in formal or informal sense

you realize that the concept of a differential started before 1899 right?

You realise that modern definitions of differentials were invented because "hurr Durr smaller than anything else" is worth shit?

yes I realize why the limit was invented

>I know what a limit is, and [math]\lim_{a\to b}a-b=dx\neq 0[/math]

lel r u mad?

Well my degree was given by the physics department anyway

You are either a girl or lifting incorrectly. You need to be adding 2.5lb to the bar everytime you go to bench. Check out proper form videos and make sure you're eating. It's going to be hard to bench if you only weigh 100 lbs.

>he thinks a masters degree is anything more than glorified extra undergrad classes

Attached: EA66489C-F298-444A-B1B2-B8B599A4D8B7.jpg (960x960, 151K)

Not everyone is american

isn't this limit wrong

>get PhD in mathematics
>never learn how to program

Mechanical engineers need some understanding of electricity and magnetism (eddy currents, induction heating, mechanical systems used as conductors, magnetic forces from electrical systems, etc.), just like they need to know some chemistry (corrosion, lubricant/coolant breakdown, outgassing, combusion as a power source, etc.).

The engineering curriculum has a lot of shared materials between specialties, because all engineers have to deal with the reality of the same physical universe and the same human users / builders / maintainers. (Yes, even software engineers, as opposed to programmers who just call themselves "software engineers" but wouldn't even be able to understand requirements given to them for an engine computer, power grid switching, or flight control.)

F=ma
Idot

Are you American? My impression was that you guys moved on from having African slaves working on the cotton fields and replaced them by Indians working on computer farms. Why would you need to program yourself?

>several course on electromagnetism aren't needed to get a degree in physics
>you never encountered maxwel equation while studying quantum physics, relativity, thermodynamis, plasma physic, particle physics, condensed matter physic, astrophysics
What a fucking meme university is this? Did you go to Trump University?

I never studied relativity, plasma physics, particle physics or astrophysics

He didnĀ“t study physics - that much has been made clear in this thread.

uhh dee dot ee equals zeero
dee dot bee equals zeero
dee ex ee equals dash dee tee bee
dee ex bee equals dee tee ee
did i do it right?