Do you eat MRE's Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UC2I6Et1JkidnnbWgJFiMeHA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Steve does

youtube.com/channel/UC2I6Et1JkidnnbWgJFiMeHA

only if they are nice and laden with hisses

used to be in the USAF.
used to buy MREs because they were interesting, but kinda lost its appeal to me.

like buying a slinky.

No I just watch videos of people eating them so I can avoid the indigestion and diarrhea.

Had a few cases of them after Hurricane Katrina. I just remember the cheese and entrees being super salty but not terrible, with the exception of the vegetarian breakfast burrito which was god awful.

Also that cracker should be classified as torture.

After i got a few civ MREs, the cost was too noisy for me to keep buying them from my local surplus store. Otherwise id love to die off them

Not if I can avoid it.
I'm in the reserves, I only eat them in on field drills. The best one is the vegetarian spicy penne. I really hate the cheese, but everyone else seems to like it for some reason.

>having so little taste

>I really hate the cheese
You are not a real American.

i buy them on amazon and have them delivered to my door step. love them, I can sit at my computer and not leave my command post for days uninterrupted undisturbed. there really isn't one of them that I outright hate if made in the proper conditions.

What the fuck do you have against slinkies?

I store some in case we get hit by a hurricane and bring a couple when I go camping or hiking. They’re convenient.

Only if they have pound cake.

The last thing you'd ever get from eating MREs is diarrhea. Those thing clog you up like a beaver dam.

I ate them for ten years as an Infantryman in the US Army.

I've had some in my time, but it's more of a "do you need to make sure you won't shit" food

is this problem not reduced by drinking more water?

It's not that the food lacks liquid, it's that it's purposely designed to make your body not have to shit for a while, so that you won't be impeded in combat.

Does eating a lot of fibre help with MRE's plugging you up, or are they just that strong?

I've had to before. I rather enjoyed the crackers and peanut butter. Pound cakes weren't bad neither.

> TFW your country's mre is just a box of canned foods
> TFW cost efficiency killed the spam leaving you with tuna for days

The moment I EAS'd I swore off tuna for a year.

Israel?

You KNOW it buddy. Steve had an older one with the spam meat but those got killed a couple of years before my time.

I guess in a pinch you can use your MRE's to beat people to death with.

This one is breddy gud tbqh. I also enjoy vegetable lasagna.

In a pinch we forgot our gas burner and chezve kit back in the 2014 operation. Whole platoon carrying coffee packs and no way to brew it.

So we cleaned out a can of hummus beans for a chezve, and set 4 tuna candles up for a fire. Shit was cash.

Burnt tuna is the shit too, of course.

I would stock a couple if they were commercially available where I live.

too expensive, theyre like $10 a pop. Kinda fun to eat once in a while though.

it helps, or pysillium husk

most of the problem is how little fibre is in them

are they cheap?
i wouldnt mind buying one to eat for fun but im pretty poor right now

When im constipated yeah.

This man got me into it. The entrees are basically Chef Boyardee-tier. All of it is pretty much garbage. But it's nutritious and filling and will last forever.

I have half an A-box in my kitchen, just waiting for disaster to throw in my SUV and bug out.

You can buy a box of 10 United States Department of Defense MREs for about $100 on Amazon. There are probably better deals out there.

Swecuck here, ours were bags of freeze dried mulch. You pour hot water in it and let it sit. It often doesn't mix well so you'll bit into little granules that crack and crunch. It was vile.

Anyone got that story if that guy who ate MREs for a month and took one huge shit

I ate IMPs when I was at basic for the canadian forces reserve

they were really good but there's some really odd decisions. almost everything can be eaten raw and is actually quite pleasant at room temperature. But some of them are weird:

>some side dishes can't be made without boiling water, and it's weird that they have side dishes at all imo
>only some of them have real desserts -- the others just have chocolate bars like you can find in normal stores instead
>also, some of them have proper beige packed CANADIAN FORCES COFFEE RATION packs, and others have Chinese Nestle instant coffee that has no english or french anywhere on the pouch, and they're actually really different-tasting
>Same goes for the creamer, sometimes it's CANADIAN FORCES DEHYDRATED COFFEE WHITENING SOLIDS and sometimes it's just CoffeeMate, and those too are entirely different-tasting. The CF pouch when mixed with water basically makes normal-ass milk, the CoffeeMate is explicitly for your coffee and is incredibly unpleasant when drunken on its own.
>there's breakfast ones and dinner ones but none marked lunch, and you're probably supposed to have two issued a day and combine the side dishes for lunch
>they don't have heater packs like yankee MREs and you have to cook them by boiling them in a fucking pot and the CF issues coleman stoves and normal-ass cookware for this purpose
>the peanut butter is incredibly dense for no clear reason, but it's fucking delicious
>they come with drink-mixing pouches complete with graduations for proper proportioning even though everyone gets a canteen and probably brought a flask or bottle from home for coffee/juice/etc

I tried the vegan pasta one
Was not bad at all

The US MRE shows a single meal here, the rest are 24 hour packs.

I went through a case of them when I was homeless living in a tent in the woods.

>having enough for cases of horrendously expensive MREs but not being able to find a cheap apartment

the absolute STATE of americans

There are ways to get them super cheap, also food banks sometimes give me out.

Tried it once.
The main course (mac&cheese) was incredibly disgusting, the crackers were dry and weird and the "cheese" wasn't cheese. I never believed those american memes about spray-on-cheese until I saw that yellow monstrosity.

The chipotle bread was neat though and the carbide cooking pretty funky.

Regular civilian here. Had one last time I was out fishing. Was pretty tasty, think I had the chicken pasta with pesto sauce. Wasn't bad, like a slightly better TV dinner. I wouldn't mind eating another one, but I think I'd probably get sick of them if I had to eat them for days on end.