I'm going to drink coffee black for the first time

I'm going to drink coffee black for the first time

Wish me luck Veeky Forums

*survey*

reply to this post only if you're a femanon

If you really like coffee, you won't go back.

Drink it all the time, but alas, it's 9.30 pm.

Why do I think about cocks in my butt whenever I'm lying on my tummy?

black light roast or you're a pleb desu

>femanon
kys

how do you want to be called, bitch?

I remember being a teenager too, OP.

because you like anal???

this

holy fuck....WRITE THE EXPERIENCE DOWN!!!

This is a story that needs to be told!

I'm going to work on getting you a book advance!

Why exactly do people only check the first two lines of the catalog? Is it too much effort for them to scroll down the page with their mouse wheel?

yeah.

DRINK THE BLACK COFFEE

Yes you will. It all depends on how it's brewed. Most cafe's fucking suck and their coffees are watered down so you don't need any milk or cream. Whenever I visit my parents though I have to add milk, they add so much coffee grounds that it goes beyond tasting bitter and just tastes sour.

>if you REALLY like coffee
I guess I don't really like coffee then you pretentious brainlet

t. femanon

t. maleanon

>i need to conform to stereotypes

mmmmm

MMMMMMMMMM

Why? Black coffee is alright but there's no reason not to add milk or cream if you have some, it makes it 10x better.

imagine being such a vapid consumerist you actually define your identity via meaningless markers like the type of coffee you drink

They drank coffee before consumer society bud

so? i'm not saying don't drink coffee, i'm saying your need to advertise your coffee preferences (on a literature board, for whatever reason) makes you a faggot

imagine being such an autist that you actually take run of the mill shitposts seriously

ppl who read a lot of books also tend to drink a lot of coffee... lrn 2 board culture bih. welcome to Veeky Forums

Jacinda

nice to meet you, Jacinda

You kidding me? I take my coffee black pretty frequently but I'll still take cream & sugar because some coffee tastes like goddamned death and the taste needs to be covered up. I mostly take it black if it comes from a good coffeeshop or my home.

The fewer ingredients, the more obvious lack of quality in ingredients, and mistakes are.

But don't you feel alive drinking that shitty black tar?

Good black coffee is beautiful. But horrible bad coffee is thrilling. It's a win win.

>Drinking Coffee
>Not drinking Covfefe

Black coffee is an acquired taste. Once you go black and get used to it, you never go back.

Pleb.

Cappuccinos are fucking nasty to drink regardless of acquired taste or not.

How bad is caffeine addiction Veeky Forums?

Am I going to be alright

>Once you go black and get used to it, you never go back.

I just said I do exactly this, I had two cups of black coffee today, what is this no true scotsman shit?

Caffeine addiction is the most basic plebeian addiction to have. It had minimal side effects. It's withdraw is nothing compared to cigarettes or alcohol. Your tolerance for it goes away after a week. The only negative aspect when on it is difficulty falling asleep if you don't stop drinking it and it can become expensive if you buy at coffee shops all day while writing or studying.

It takes roughly 45 minutes to kick into the blood stream fully. This is why it's great to chug a cup and take a nap. It lasts roughly 4-6 hours. Which is why you should stop drinking it around 5pm. Trust me you're fine.

>Drink coffee from young age
>Over time, get lazier and lazier
>Don't want to have to get the sugar, creamer, try to find that perfect balance, etc.
>Start just drinking black coffee if I was in a hurry
>end up preferring coffee with no sweetness now
I think for a lot of people, or at least people I know, drinking coffee black just came from a growing laziness in high school that carried on to where we are now.

Thank you.

Meh, if I don't get coffee within the first two or so hours of waking up, I end up with a headache for the rest of the day, even after drinking coffee. I don't need coffee to function, but I do need it to avoid headaches. I managed to stop drinking it for about a month once, and I was able to sleep, wake up, and function better without it, but I missed the taste so much that I ended up just giving in.

I'm a two to three cup a day man myself, but I'm with at least a little bit. You add hefty dose of heavy cream and a heaping spoon of sugar and you have yourself a del-fucking-licious drink. Of course you can't do this three times a day unless you're skipping all meals but dinner and the sugar + fat takes away a bit of the caffeine bump. That being said, black coffee can be enjoyable on it's own (although I'd generally argue less so) but it requires good beans, proper prep (I lean towards chemex but aeropress is also good) and it needs to be fresh. All in all that's a pretty big ask.

I agree that cappuccinos are the worst of both worlds.

I ran out of milk once and was too lazy to get more for like a week. This resulted in me only drinking black coffee.
>black french press
>turkish royal
>sourdough, cream cheese with black pepper
god-tier literary breakfast mon ami noir

>black french press
>turkish royal (now "Camel Royals")
jesus fuck...are you? Throw in a Chemex to mix up the ritual intentionally, and that's how I lost around 40 lbs my first year of uni by taking up smoking and skipping meals for black coffee and a cigarette with my classmate (now gf) before class.

I swear I'll quit soon, guys.

>are you?
lel, meant to say "are you me?"

>start drinking coffee in ninth grade
>half a cup of milk, two spoonfuls of sugar
>years pass
>leave it to one spoonful of sugar
>years pass
>leave out sugar
>years pass
>put in less milk
>years pass
>leave out milk
>years pass
>leave out coffee

Who /ascended/ masterrace here?

How is chemex? It seems like it wouldn't impart the enough flavor. I read a book about the battle of Iwo Jima and they would ground coffee, put it in a sock and pour boiling water through it. The coffee there is so strong it ended working well. Also good taste in cigarettes user, why quite such delicious smokes?

Do you think people didn't do this exact same kind of thing before modern consumerist society? The only difference now is we have a lot more stuff, and thus a lot more options for status signalling.

If we're being honest here, I got it as a novelty purchase when I was in NYC at the MoMa Design store and just thought
>That aesthetic
Plus, it's nice to change things up and I like the glass base because I can keep it on a warming plate on my desk when I'm working on things (my French press has metal legs). The flavor is still great, though bit lacking in "mouthfeel" since it's not as thick/oily as what you get with more coarsely ground beans. It's a very clean taste, if not as hearty.

And Turkish Royals because that's what she smokes/smoked at the time when we first met. I was smoking Parliaments and I ended up bringing her a pack some days our first year (I had a car at uni and she didn't) and so one day I just got one for myself. Been dating for just about to be 2 years now, and I'm still on them.

Plus it's nice when you have a job and can afford nicer smokes than L&Ms

Not him, but it's the best I've ever had. None of the bitterness you get from the french press, more volume than an aeropress, not shit like a Mr. Coffee or most espresso machines. It does take more attention but it can just be a comforting ritual.

The morning ritual is one of my favorite parts of the day. I'll probably pick one up thanks for the rec anons. It will look real good in my apartment too. Parliaments are good smokes too, a lot of people dislike that dirty flavor, but I think they're great, if a little overpriced. Spliffs rolled with perique american spirits are top tier delicious. Now it's late and I want coffee.

>. Of course you can't do this three times a day unless you're skipping all meals but dinner and the sugar + fat takes away a bit of the caffeine bump.

Generally yeah if I'm drinking coffee with cream & sugar I'll only have one cup like that. Rest will be black.

If you have multiple cups of cream & sugar a day you're basically the equivalent of a soda junkie and dairy actually adds quite a bit of cost to each cup. Not worth it at all.

When the world economy collapses the thing I'm going to miss most is coffee imports.

this

instant coffee - milk and sugar
legit coffee - black, no sugar

>literature discussion

Surely if you really like your coffee you would enjoy it in all of the exciting ways coffee can be prepared, as well as black.

I like black coffee but I also like it with milk. I also can't say no to a caramel macchiato from Starbucks too. In fact a macchiato anywhere is my preferred option. Double shot of espresso is tasty too though.

>black
this

>this better be black dick
>it's black dick
>mfw